Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I ended up not completing my booking for this but enjoy! the senior discount is about $40 and yes you qualify...it is a great cruise itinerary and a great price

with 3 cruises already booked I had to choose this or europe but it was tough....

I went ahead and booked today, but will cancel if I decide to keep my NCL booking next year.

What deal to Europe did you decide on?

I love this itinerary, but the air may be a killer. I need to play around with some mock bookings before I make a final decision. The agent told me I need to get a Visa in addition to my passport, so another expense. :(

Sorry gave date on summit. Grandeur was for Aug 23 2013..I got an inside gty for 7 days tax gratuities port for 917.

Sent from my VS840PP using Forums mobile app

Augs. 23 is a big day for the both of us! You get to go on a cruise and I get to have surgery! I think you got the better deal. Well, at least when I use the morphine pump I'll try to hallucinate being on a cruise. Can you imagine the nurse(s) holding me down, saying, "There is no lifeboat drill!"

Vacations To Go has a single discounts site that is showing a lot of listings where the single supplement is being waived.

I just booked Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas 14-day transatlantic for May 4th for $860.38 for an interior. Even the RCCL rep I worked with could not believe the prices for this cruise and tripled checked it before booking.

I went ahead and booked today, but will cancel if I decide to keep my NCL booking next year.

What deal to Europe did you decide on?

I love this itinerary, but the air may be a killer. I need to play around with some mock bookings before I make a final decision. The agent told me I need to get a Visa in addition to my passport, so another expense. :(

I had a great deal for Europe and now just had to cancel that because of schedule/timing conflicts (three of us $1626 with $200 obc for 7 day Venice to Rome)

I have a 12 day repo a month before this MSC Divina cruise but oh, just reading this made me go back and drool over the itinerary and the price....never know I may just jump in anyway.... enjoy this cruise if you go :)

I just read five or six posts with people going back and forth with each other about various cruises that look like transatlantice without dates or ship names.

Not all of us are familiar with the initials of the ships from various lines. Also some of these deals are 2014 and some are 2013. One of the posts simply mentions the 21st...... no mention of the month, the year or the ship.......

It is impossible to follow this thread with the side conversations that presume that we all know what cruises you guys are talking about.

We would like to join in the fun too:)

I'm struggling a bit too. If the ship ends with "OS" that would be royal caribbean, but which 'of the seas' is where I have trouble.

My guess is IOS would be Independence of the Seas - I haven't backtracked far enough in the thread to see much else. If there is a specific abbreviation you are trying to figure out - list it & odds are someone will chime in.

I had a great deal for Europe and now just had to cancel that because of schedule/timing conflicts (three of us $1626 with $200 obc for 7 day Venice to Rome)

I have a 12 day repo a month before this MSC Divina cruise but oh, just reading this made me go back and drool over the itinerary and the price....never know I may just jump in anyway.... enjoy this cruise if you go :)

Can you share sailing date & deal of the MSC divina cruise? I just recently started following this thread & don't know how far I'd have to backtrack to find it. Thanks in advance!

it's a a "repositioning cruise" from Miami to Brazil

Ship MSC Divina

Departing From Miami

Duration 20 Days / 19 Nights

Departure Sat 5/24/2014

Here is the itinerary:

Date Port Arrival Departure

05/24/14 Miami, United States 19:00

05/27/14 Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islan 07:00 18:00

05/29/14 Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 18:00

05/30/14 Saint George, Grenada 08:00 18:00

05/31/14 Port of Spain, Trinidad and To 08:00 17:00

06/04/14 Fortaleza, Brazil 10:00 20:00

06/07/14 Salvador, Brazil 08:00 23:00

06/08/14 Ilheus, Brazil 08:00 18:00

06/10/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 08:00 23:59

06/11/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 00:01

There is also a bit of a senior discount for this as of now at least

Single inside:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,764.06

Single oceanview:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,962.06

deposit was only $100....

there is also a 1 day less version (disembark on 6/10) of this cruise $1,694.73 and $1,874.73 pricing for that respectively

:)

Edited by ioneblair

Just got a price drop on the Explorer of the Seas 14 day repositioning cruise on 11/01/14. Balconies, OV's and insides dropped plus the single supplement dropped from 1.73 to about 1.53.

Great one time only itinerary - Bayonne, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Aruba ending in Port Canaveral.

My inside went from a base price of $1938 to $1541. Very unusual to have such a large drop 15 months out. This could be a great cruise deposit investment - grab a great cabin and wait for more price drops. An opportunity to sail through the southern Caribbean from NY with only a one way flight home from Orlando.

it's a a "repositioning cruise" from Miami to Brazil

Ship MSC Divina

Departing From Miami

Duration 20 Days / 19 Nights

Departure Sat 5/24/2014

Here is the itinerary:

Date Port Arrival Departure

05/24/14 Miami, United States 19:00

05/27/14 Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islan 07:00 18:00

05/29/14 Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 18:00

05/30/14 Saint George, Grenada 08:00 18:00

05/31/14 Port of Spain, Trinidad and To 08:00 17:00

06/04/14 Fortaleza, Brazil 10:00 20:00

06/07/14 Salvador, Brazil 08:00 23:00

06/08/14 Ilheus, Brazil 08:00 18:00

06/10/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 08:00 23:59

06/11/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 00:01

There is also a bit of a senior discount for this as of now at least

Single inside:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,764.06

Single oceanview:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,962.06

deposit was only $100....

there is also a 1 day less version (disembark on 6/10) of this cruise $1,694.73 and $1,874.73 pricing for that respectively

:)

I thought the 2 options were disembarking on 6/11 in Rio after overnighting on board or continuing to Santos and disembarking on the 6/12. I didn't see any option to disembark upon arrival in Rio.

Just got a price drop on the Explorer of the Seas 14 day repositioning cruise on 11/01/14. Balconies, OV's and insides dropped plus the single supplement dropped from 1.73 to about 1.53.

Great one time only itinerary - Bayonne, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Aruba ending in Port Canaveral.

My inside went from a base price of $1938 to $1541. Very unusual to have such a large drop 15 months out. This could be a great cruise deposit investment - grab a great cabin and wait for more price drops. An opportunity to sail through the southern Caribbean from NY with only a one way flight home from Orlando.

A nice way to bid a fond farewell to Explorer's Cape Liberty tenure. Plus Quantum rates are double.

Edited by cruise pup

Yes - and as I said I think this cruise has a real potential for further price drops as the Quantum hype gears up. I also booked the Quantum on day 1 - I grabbed a solo balcony which had no single supplement plus i got the diamond plus balcony discount! Look at the deck plans - I have a '48' cabin number which appears to have an enormous balcony that goes right out the the hump! These cabins were gone almost immediately. If you're at all interested in the Q, they are worth jumping on the next time the Quantum bookings open up.

Where does this one go, and date????

I will keep my fingers crossed that air goes down by March because I am so excited about this one. The cruise price is not bad at all for the number of days, but air might be a deal breaker.

I'm trying to convince a friend to go, so not sure how that will turn out. If you change your mind, maybe we can hang out. Next month, I'll start saving for air. My tax return will pay for the cruise and sepending money. :D

I'm struggling a bit too. If the ship ends with "OS" that would be royal caribbean, but which 'of the seas' is where I have trouble.

My guess is IOS would be Independence of the Seas - I haven't backtracked far enough in the thread to see much else. If there is a specific abbreviation you are trying to figure out - list it & odds are someone will chime in.

That was it, I just wish people would stick to the general format, obvioulsy I am not objecting to personal greetings and well wishes (cruise pup good luck with the surgery:))

It was IOS.....I didn't know what that was...and then a lot of people respond with the like "when the 23?" or "I got mine for the next week" and it makes it hard to understand. This threa if for single supplement/solo bargains....they should be in a clear format so newbies can figure them out.

I thought the 2 options were disembarking on 6/11 in Rio after overnighting on board or continuing to Santos and disembarking on the 6/12. I didn't see any option to disembark upon arrival in Rio.

Correct. For the MSC South America cruise sailing from Miami on 5/24/14, I believe the two options are to disembark in Rio on 6/11/14, or a day later in Santos (Sao Paulo) on 6/12/14.

Correct. For the MSC South America cruise sailing from Miami on 5/24/14, I believe the two options are to disembark in Rio on 6/11/14, or a day later in Santos (Sao Paulo) on 6/12/14.

I stand corrected....great cruise isn't it?

cateyes2u it was NCL Jade October 25, 2014 but my deal was for 3....50% off for 17 and under....when the price was $200 lower than it is now and then that $200 obc...oh well....always a good deal if you look hard and long enough....or else just peruse these boards :)

Do you recall what double rate is? X site or discounter?Thanks.

The rate will be the same on Celebrity site or through TA, although my TA is offering pre-paid gratuities. The pp rates for double occupancy are $799 (Inside) $899 (OV) $1049 (Balcony).

Edited by Cairnmom

I think this is a great deal. Celebrity Solstice-11 night Hawaii repositioning cruise (Ensenada to Honolulu) on September 23, 2013. Solo inside- $1152.12 and balcony- $1527.12. I have a hold on a cabin while I decide.

Good price...but leaving from Ensenada, Mexico makes it a bit challenging for many. Sounds like you already have that piece figured out?

....great cruise isn't it?

Yes, *great* itinerary! :D

Getting the Brazilian visa is a bit of a hassle, though...need to get it in advance of the cruise from the Brazilian consulate, or use a visa service for additional $,...but the visa is good for 10 years once obtained.

Good price...but leaving from Ensenada, Mexico makes it a bit challenging for many. Sounds like you already have that piece figured out?

I thought that too, but the cruise line shuttles you from San Diego to Mexico for free.