Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

GREAT PRICE - CARNIVAL ELATION -- I just booked this 5 night cruise for an amazing price of $378. as a SOLO cruiser! Anyone else discover this bargain? It's going to be my first visit to New Orleans and I am as excited about going to the Jazz Clubs as I am about the cruise.

Which sailing date?

Don't know how early people are booking but there was recently a major price drop for the 3/21/2014 8 night sailing to the Bahamas on the Explorer. With my savings certificate, I was able to get a balcony room for under $1,000. I believe the insides were less than $100 a day.

I vowed not to go back to the Bahamas until my Quantum cruise, but at that price, I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise! :D

Don't know how early people are booking but there was recently a major price drop for the 3/21/2014 8 night sailing to the Bahamas on the Explorer. With my savings certificate, I was able to get a balcony room for under $1,000. I believe the insides were less than $100 a day.

I vowed not to go back to the Bahamas until my Quantum cruise, but at that price, I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise! :D

Thanks for the tip on this solo deal. I just booked an this 3/21/14 E2 Balcony for only $717 after $250 Diamond Plus and $100 savings cert. Lowest I ever paid $90/day.

Thanks for the tip on this solo deal. I just booked an this 3/21/14 E2 Balcony for only $717 after $250 Diamond Plus and $100 savings cert. Lowest I ever paid $90/day.

Which savings certificate? I couldn't find one for this sailing on the current list.

Can you combine those? It would be nice!!

Come join us in the roll call - we've already met our required number for the M&M! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Which savings certificate? I couldn't find one for this sailing on the current list.

I used the savings certificate. It was for $150 but expired on June 30th.

I actually ended up getting an aft balcony ... I'm so excited! :D

I used the savings certificate. It was for $150 but expired on June 30th.

I actually ended up getting an aft balcony ... I'm so excited! :D

Doesn't matter. I tried another sailing date that had a savings cert but not combinable with the Diamond+ Balcony discount. So I booked the 21st which was less money, is 1 day longer and got an aft balcony in the bargain too. There's a note about an obstructed view but according to the agent it's minor.

Edited by cruise pup

Here is the itinerary:

Date Port Arrival Departure

05/24/14 Miami, United States 19:00

05/27/14 Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islan 07:00 18:00

05/29/14 Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 18:00

05/30/14 Saint George, Grenada 08:00 18:00

05/31/14 Port of Spain, Trinidad and To 08:00 17:00

06/04/14 Fortaleza, Brazil 10:00 20:00

06/07/14 Salvador, Brazil 08:00 23:00

06/08/14 Ilheus, Brazil 08:00 18:00

06/10/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 08:00 23:59

06/11/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 00:01

There is also a bit of a senior discount for this as of now at least

I am strongly considering booking this cruise. It'll be just after my birthday. I called a few minutes ago and they were closed, so I will try again tomorrow.

The price for a solo is $1,600. Has it gone up since you booked?

What is he senior discount and what age, (I am 58. do I qualify?)

Now to watch out for air.(yikes from CA) :eek:

Have you priced air?

I have never flown international. What airline would I get the best deal?

Doesn't matter. I tried another sailing date that had a savings cert but not combinable with the Diamond+ Balcony discount. So I booked the 21st which was less money, is 1 day longer and got an aft balcony in the bargain too. There's a note about an obstructed view but according to the agent it's minor.

Here's a photo of the same cabin balcony on the Navigator. Doesn't look too awful to me.;)

1131426845_NavigatorAftBalcony.jpg.a41061d0f5781e7a862b100aa07b5aa4.jpg

Edited by cruise pup

Where does the 21st sail from?

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

That cruise is selling at 0% single supplement, which is rare. The Savings certs really bring the price down.

Nice and welcome to the sailing! Glad you got an aft balcony too.

What deck are you on? I'm on deck 7 and I have an obstructed view too but I'm more excited about having the loungers on the balcony.

Nice and welcome to the sailing! Glad you got an aft balcony too.

What deck are you on? I'm on deck 7 and I have an obstructed view too but I'm more excited about having the loungers on the balcony.

Looks like my balcony cabin went up $200. since I booked, so thanks for the heads up.

We were in 6690 on Adventure and weren't aware of the obstruction until we got on the ship. It was still nice and quiet back there and enjoyed the cabin.

Thanks! An aft balcony is coveted territory so I'm not worried about the obstruction.

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

I just booked this Tranatlantic Cruise also. At this stage I will be going Solo, should be good

I just booked this cruise also. E2 balcony $1263 minus $200 C&A savings certificate so total including taxes and fees is $1063. I'm so excited!! I have only done one other TA and that was with my late husband. I have done a couple of solo cruises since he passed away five years ago. Since he's not here, I find I prefer to cruise solo than with anyone else. And I have been wanting to go to London. WooHoo!!

I am strongly considering booking this cruise. It'll be just after my birthday. I called a few minutes ago and they were closed, so I will try again tomorrow.

The price for a solo is $1,600. Has it gone up since you booked?

What is he senior discount and what age, (I am 58. do I qualify?)

Now to watch out for air.(yikes from CA) :eek:

Have you priced air?

I have never flown international. What airline would I get the best deal?

I ended up not completing my booking for this but enjoy! the senior discount is about $40 and yes you qualify...it is a great cruise itinerary and a great price

with 3 cruises already booked I had to choose this or europe but it was tough....

Celebrity Summit is showing no single supplement on their Sept 2013 cruise. Total price for the 14 days is $1862.87 for a GTY inside. I hope it works with someone's schedule! I just got a great deal last Friday on RCCL's Grandeur out of Baltimore for an GTY inside. Leaving soon. It will be my first Royal Cruise.

Celebrity Summit is showing no single supplement on their Sept 2013 cruise. Total price for the 14 days is $1862.87 for a GTY inside. I hope it works with someone's schedule! I just got a great deal last Friday on RCCL's Grandeur out of Baltimore for an GTY inside. Leaving soon. It will be my first Royal Cruise.
How about a sailing date and price for that Grandeur cruise?

I just read five or six posts with people going back and forth with each other about various cruises that look like transatlantice without dates or ship names.

Not all of us are familiar with the initials of the ships from various lines. Also some of these deals are 2014 and some are 2013. One of the posts simply mentions the 21st...... no mention of the month, the year or the ship.......

It is impossible to follow this thread with the side conversations that presume that we all know what cruises you guys are talking about.

We would like to join in the fun too:)