Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I just realized I can only go on the Oasis as it does the Sat to Sat trip and my Jewel cruise leaves on the 21st.

I'm actually going to call Choice Air and see if they would make an exception in altering my flights.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Hello Everyone,

My husband passed away in June and at this time I'm not ready to cruise w/o him yet. However, I do enjoy looking over the possibility of cruising in the future. I didn't realize that cruise lines have solo pricing. How do I find those deals? Are they on line with an on line TA, do I need to go directly to the cruise line either on line or by phone?

Also,which cruise companies offer this to solo's?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Hello Everyone,

My husband passed away in June and at this time I'm not ready to cruise w/o him yet. However, I do enjoy looking over the possibility of cruising in the future. I didn't realize that cruise lines have solo pricing. How do I find those deals? Are they on line with an on line TA, do I need to go directly to the cruise line either on line or by phone?

Good morning, my condolences to you.

As for pricing.....if you want to find a TA who specializes in cruises?

They might be able to help. Depends on you and your preferences

of who you like to cruise with really. There are many threads on

here (if you take some time to peruse this forum)...seems NCL has

small studio cabins that are less money (cabins are also quite a bit

smaller than other mass market lines).

I have been sailing solo for 10 years and for me? Celebrity is my

line of choice....the SS is usually 200% but I love their product

and I don't even look at the SS anymore. I look at the total price

of the cruise and if it is within my pricepoint. The SS is always there.

Sometimes they have "Tuesday Specials" and prices may be lower.

(their version of a Happy Hour Special;)). I have been living

on my own for many, many years so for me? It is always worth

it to have my own cabin.....whatever the cost.

Most Mass Market lines have a Single Supplement and that is because

they want 2 people in the cabin. There are the "Luxury Lines" and they

sometimes offer a much lower SS but their base prices are also much

higher....so you just have to do research on what is best for you.

I usually book directly with the cruiseline and then transfer my booking

to my TA......

It is against CC policy to name Travel Agents but I would say,

GOOGLE is your friend:D

Hope this helps a bit:)

Hello Everyone,

Very sorry for your loss. The cruise lines charge a single supplement that ranges from 0% (rare) to 100% (quite common). A travel agent can advise you or if you wish go online. A good site is Vacations to Go as they list cruises with low single supplements separately. You can also phone your favourite cruise line and ask about single pricing. Norwegian has ships (Epic, Breakaway & Getaway) that have smaller Studio cabins for solo travellers. When you're ready -- we'll see you on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Hi, you might want to Edit your post while you have the time....

Naming Travel Agencies on here is against CC policy. You have about

15 minutes to edit a post.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to cancer last year so know what you are going thru. I have cruised solo many times mainly with NCL . I usually get a good price thru Costco travel. They have a deal with NCL and offers price lower than thru NCLs website. They also give me $100 OBC to spend. Also Costco offers cruise insurance thru Travelguard which again is cheaper than going to the insurances website.

To keep costs down, as NCL usually charges double for solo, I go for the cheapest inside cabin . Not an issue for me since I don't spending time in the cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

While on the phone to upgrade an October cruise I already made; I learned from the RCI agent that today is RCI's Super Sale Saturday and was able to book a 7N from Port Canaveral on the Freedom OTS leaving Sunday August 25th for $590.80 for an Inside Guaranty Solo including taxes and fees.

Hello Everyone,

I got a great deal with MSC for a transatlantic cruise "no single supplement". Also the TA was able to include the flights as a package deal!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anyone looking for a TA next Spring? Independence of the Seas is coming up at ZERO single supplement for the May 4, 2014 sailing from Miami to Southampton - 14 days. Insides are $688 (plus taxes), balconies are $1153 (plus taxes) - some nice stops in the caribbean as well! I've booked even though I'm not sure I can get the days off work, but I have till February to try and work that out...

Thanks for posting this. I have just booked a D2 balcony for under $100 a night. Great price and I get to add a transatlantic to my bucket list completed. :) Gail

So, I feel like I'm completely insane for booking so last-minute, but I just booked the 8/31 Oasis of the Seas cruise in a solo balcony cabin with that fantastic 110% supplement. D3 cabin, total including taxes and port charges etc. is $1122. Although I think that might actually be an error (might include port charges for 2) since she'd earlier quoted me $1038.

Guess I better email the TA back!

Anyhow, there appear to be a number of D3s and D4s at this price, if anyone else wants to book last-minute. It's the Tuesday sale but you can book today if you have a Crown and Anchor number.

And I found out the answer...I'm doing My Time Dining so it was the gratuities which have to be prepaid that made up the difference.

I was gonna tell you that, but, you figured it out! :) Is there a Savings Certificate for this cruise, as well, there are a bunch of them out right now for Oasis and Allure! :)

I was gonna tell you that, but, you figured it out! :) Is there a Savings Certificate for this cruise, as well, there are a bunch of them out right now for Oasis and Allure! :)

That I don't know--is that a Crown and Anchor club thing? I just got my C&A number yesterday when I booked the cruise, from my Celebrity Captain's Club status, so I didn't have it prior to booking. This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise.

Edited by bottomfeeder

That I don't know--is that a Crown and Anchor club thing? I just got my C&A number yesterday when I booked the cruise, from my Celebrity Captain's Club status, so I didn't have it prior to booking. This will be my first Royal Caribbean cruise.

I checked, there is not a certificate for this sailing. You can check next time by looking on the website, under c&a, look for special offers. Welcome to RCI!

I booked the 5/8 cruise and haven't gotten any word from Princess yet on its fate, but it's not looking good. According to the thread below, the Sapphire will be sent to Asia instead:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1897058

Princess sent me a new invoice for the 3/31/14 cruise which is now 3 nights instead of 4 nights. The price went from $254. (for 4 nights) to $618. (for 3 nights).

Princess sent me a new invoice for the 3/31/14 cruise which is now 3 nights instead of 4 nights. The price went from $254. (for 4 nights) to $618. (for 3 nights).

ditto that here. from what i understand: they've "cancelled" the other april 3 & 4 day trips on sapphire. no word yet on the [similar] march cruises.

thanks for the heads-up!

ditto that here. from what i understand: they've "cancelled" the other april 3 & 4 day trips on sapphire. no word yet on the [similar] march cruises.

thanks for the heads-up!

Yes, the 3/31 is the last sailing but that's been changed and they won't honor the original bookings. All of the April sailings were cancelled. Sailings before 3/31 are on as far as I know. I can still do 7 days but don't know if that will be worth the airfare.

My TA contacted me on Tuesday stating that the 5/8/14 cruise is formally cancelled :( It just wasn't meant to be.

If at least some folks were able to keep their great deals, then it's all good.

Edited by swazzie1

We had a cruise several years ago on the Island Princess that went from 7 nights to 9, and the price of our cabin went up by a lot. After our TA fussed for quite a bit, Princess honored our original price. It can't hurt to ask...