Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I thought that too, but the cruise line shuttles you from San Diego to Mexico for free.

Really??!! Wow, that's great to know!! Will have to look in to airfare back from Hawaii...hummm... I'll be keeping my eye on this one! :)

...though I don't have any idea at this time on how to structure about 3 weeks of vagabonding through Europe in 2014 from May 17. to about the first week in June, I checked that I would get a return flight around those days from several major EU cities back to YVR =Vancouver, BC or SEA=Seattle, WA for less than US $600.00.

So. I booked the sailing below, because the offer is too good to miss:

:D Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas leaving Ft. Lauderdale May 4.2014 (which is about 3 weeks later than I ideally would like to go) arriving in Southhampton, England (also not a choice port of mine) on May 17.2014 for US $ 953.00 plus US#110.00 taxes =$1053.00 in a SOLO D2 Balcony on deck 9 starboard aft in a selected, assigned cabin which comes with an $100.00 OBC=on board credit.:D

In April this year, I paid $620.00 incl. tx in an SOLO inside GTY=guarantee on RCCL Liberty and the year before $1123.00 for a SOLO starboard mid ship deck 9 E1 balcony on Celebrity Solstice; both were Transatlantic sailings from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. Both had an OBC as well.

In the past 2 years I leisurely 'bumped' for several days each around Catalonia, Spain 2x; Berlin, Germany 2x; Praque, Czech Republic; Venice,Italy; Florence, Italy; Vienna, Austria 2x, - so, I really must find some interesting spots I want to explore or re-visit, before I make final payment or I will drop this cruise despite its good price and revisit Alaska/Denali region and Hawaiian Islands instead.

Any innovative suggestions are highly appreciated, I am interested in landscapes, nature, social structures in rural environments, (i.e. Pyrenees Mountain villages) live theater, local cuisine and culture etc. - definitely not interested in shopping -

my time frame is 3-4 weeks traveling on foot, public transport, train, rental car and plane - packing VERY light and usually staying 3 to 6 nights per destination.

In case anyone has similar ambitions and likes to explore teaming up for some adventures, - is welcome to be in touch ... I am a retired professional, now doting grandma, multi-lingual, well traveled, fairly organized, though flexible within reasons.

...though I don't have any idea at this time on how to structure about 3 weeks of vagabonding through Europe in 2014 from May 17. to about the first week in June, I checked that I would get a return flight around those days from several major EU cities back to YVR =Vancouver, BC or SEA=Seattle, WA for less than US $600.00.

So. I booked the sailing below, because the offer is too good to miss:

:D Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas leaving Ft. Lauderdale May 4.2014 (which is about 3 weeks later than I ideally would like to go) arriving in Southhampton, England (also not a choice port of mine) on May 17.2014 for US $ 953.00 plus US#110.00 taxes =$1053.00 in a SOLO D2 Balcony on deck 9 starboard aft in a selected, assigned cabin which comes with an $100.00 OBC=on board credit.:D

In April this year, I paid $620.00 incl. tx in an SOLO inside GTY=guarantee on RCCL Liberty and the year before $1123.00 for a SOLO starboard mid ship deck 9 E1 balcony on Celebrity Solstice; both were Transatlantic sailings from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. Both had an OBC as well.

In the past 2 years I leisurely 'bumped' for several days each around Catalonia, Spain 2x; Berlin, Germany 2x; Praque, Czech Republic; Venice,Italy; Florence, Italy; Vienna, Austria 2x, - so, I really must find some interesting spots I want to explore or re-visit, before I make final payment or I will drop this cruise despite its good price and revisit Alaska/Denali region and Hawaiian Islands instead.

Any innovative suggestions are highly appreciated, I am interested in landscapes, nature, social structures in rural environments, (i.e. Pyrenees Mountain villages) live theater, local cuisine and culture etc. - definitely not interested in shopping -

my time frame is 3-4 weeks traveling on foot, public transport, train, rental car and plane - packing VERY light and usually staying 3 to 6 nights per destination.

In case anyone has similar ambitions and likes to explore teaming up for some adventures, - is welcome to be in touch ... I am a retired professional, now doting grandma, multi-lingual, well traveled, fairly organized, though flexible within reasons.

Lucky you! You are living the life I really hope to be living in 15 years or so! One suggestion I have is Landmark Trust properties--most are in Great Britain but they have a few in Italy as well. Basically "apartments" made in interesting historic buildings.

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

:D Have also booked this at a great price.

Think this could be a good "1st solo"for any one considering "taking the plunge!"

Check out the Roll Call,which is extremely active & probably, because of the fab offer has quite a few solos on board

@ WarumistdieBananekrumm ......WOW!!

oh and would you mind explaining what your moniker means?

My German is rusty but it seems to mean "Why is the banana crooked?" Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger. Anyway, I'm hoping that by banana, the poster means banana! LOL

Edited by cruise pup

it's a a "repositioning cruise" from Miami to Brazil

Ship MSC Divina

Departing From Miami

Duration 20 Days / 19 Nights

Departure Sat 5/24/2014

Here is the itinerary:

Date Port Arrival Departure

05/24/14 Miami, United States 19:00

05/27/14 Charlotte Amalie, Virgin Islan 07:00 18:00

05/29/14 Bridgetown, Barbados 08:00 18:00

05/30/14 Saint George, Grenada 08:00 18:00

05/31/14 Port of Spain, Trinidad and To 08:00 17:00

06/04/14 Fortaleza, Brazil 10:00 20:00

06/07/14 Salvador, Brazil 08:00 23:00

06/08/14 Ilheus, Brazil 08:00 18:00

06/10/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 08:00 23:59

06/11/14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 00:01

There is also a bit of a senior discount for this as of now at least

Single inside:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,764.06

Single oceanview:Total Price (includes gov. fees and taxes): $1,962.06

deposit was only $100....

there is also a 1 day less version (disembark on 6/10) of this cruise $1,694.73 and $1,874.73 pricing for that respectively

:)

Wow, looks like a great cruise! Thanks for posting the details for me.

Warumustiebananekrumm - if you are looking for ideas for that transatlantic - hopefully you will spend some time in London. The highlight of my time in London was seeing the Royal Ballet dance in the Royal Opera House. The theater itself is so so gorgeous. And the ballet company world class.

Go to their website - tickets are reasonable compared to prices in the US. Dates & shows will be on their website, as well as when ticket sales open. I bought tickets the day sales opened - for first row center balcony seats (my favorite) prices were what I would pay for bad seats at my home town ballet company, PNB.

Anyway just a thought. I envy you this cruise and the wonderful time you will have planning!

I stand corrected....great cruise isn't it?

cateyes2u it was NCL Jade October 25, 2014 but my deal was for 3....50% off for 17 and under....when the price was $200 lower than it is now and then that $200 obc...oh well....always a good deal if you look hard and long enough....or else just peruse these boards :)

I will keep an eye out. I have until March to make a final decision and will start working on my visa in January.

I noticed some good prices on the Explorer of the Seas 7 night Bahama cruise out of Cape Liberty in January and February. These are single rates, including taxes and port charges based on New York residency and 55+. For the January 5 cruise the Inside Gty rate is $652.48. Inside Cat N is $792.48 and the Accessible Inside is $832.48. I didn't see any Crown & Anchor coupons for this sailing. For the February 23 cruise no Inside Gty rate. Inside Cat Q is $637.48 after Crown & Anchor coupon of $75. Inside Accessible is $697.48 after the coupon. There are other categories like Promenade Insides but I just wanted people to see the lowest. I looked to see if there were any good rates for balconies with the Diamond Balcony discount but nothing ran under $1,000. The March 21 cruise has better balcony rates.

:);):cool:

Hope some of you can take advantage of the Happy Hour Pricing that will be in effect 8/13 to 8/14 and on 8/12 to Crown & Anchor Members.

Allure, 8/25, 9/1 and 9/22 sailings 110% single supplement

Oasis, 8/24, 8/31 and 9/21 sailings 110% single supplement

If I lived in Florida, I would be booking but have a repo cruise booked in October.

Just booked IOS 13 day Caribbean Journey to the UK departing May 4 from Ft. Lauderdale. Inside promenade for $750.00. Total with taxes, fees & gratuities was about $1000. OV was $850ish plus all taxes & fees. Not cheap when you add airfare but if someone had airline miles to use the cruise itself is less than $100 per night. Plus I totally forgot to add there is a C&A savings certificate which helps too.

:D Have also booked this at a great price.

Think this could be a good "1st solo"for any one considering "taking the plunge!"

Check out the Roll Call,which is extremely active & probably, because of the fab offer has quite a few solos on board

Thank you for the info.

I have just booked this too.Solo balcony. With $325 balcony reduction for Diamond total is $954 including taxes.

. I checked that I would get a return flight around those days from several major EU cities back to YVR =Vancouver, BC or SEA=Seattle, WA for less than US $600.00.

:D Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas leaving Ft. Lauderdale May 4.2014

(which is about 3 weeks later than I ideally would like to go) arriving in Southhampton, England (also not a choice port of mine) on May 17.2014 for US $ 953.00 plus US#110.00 taxes =$1053.00 in a SOLO D2 Balcony on deck 9 starboard aft in a selected, assigned cabin which comes with an $100.00 OBC=on board credit.:D

Thank you for posting. Great to have a balcony booked so far in advance.

I am also from Vancouver and will probably get a return ticket for the flight and do another TA in the Autumn.

:);):cool:

Hope some of you can take advantage of the Happy Hour Pricing that will be in effect 8/13 to 8/14 and on 8/12 to Crown & Anchor Members.

Allure, 8/25, 9/1 and 9/22 sailings 110% single supplement

Oasis, 8/24, 8/31 and 9/21 sailings 110% single supplement

If I lived in Florida, I would be booking but have a repo cruise booked in October.

I just came on here to post this. It's a great deal! I don't think I have the vacation time left to do one of them but I'm going to check!

Where did you see these great offers?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Check the following every Thursday (usually updated by RCCL late Thursday afternoon for the coming week).

www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity also has special happy hour prices but they have not updated their website yet.

I've never sailed with RCCL, so I'm thinking I won't get any discount for crown & anchor.

Unless they count Celebrity - I did have a 14 day cruise with them a while back. Is there any sort of recognition of previous cruises between the two cruise lines?

I've never sailed with RCCL, so I'm thinking I won't get any discount for crown & anchor.

Unless they count Celebrity - I did have a 14 day cruise with them a while back. Is there any sort of recognition of previous cruises between the two cruise lines?

Yes the status is recognized on both lines. Call RCI and they will enroll you in CA at your celebrity status.

Is there any way to know single supplements on cruises well in advance?

Yes the status is recognized on both lines. Call RCI and they will enroll you in CA at your celebrity status.

Is there any way to know single supplements on cruises well in advance?

Whenever a cruise is open for bookings you can get the single rate. All you need to do is create an online booking an enter 1 for # of passenger. Or else call the reservation # or whoever you book with. Of course the single % rate can change just like the cruise fare. Edited by cruise pup

$722.14 for a 7-nite cruise on RCI Oasis of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale, 17Aug, 31Aug, 14Sept, & 28 Sept.

$894.14 if you want a balcony.

The only prices I am seeing like this are for the Weekly specials which won't be available until Monday for C&A people and Tuesday for non C&A people. Also, some of those rates are for gty categories (e.g. X, XN, Z) and a lot of times they don't make them available to singles. But at the moment these are more like the rates per person based on double occupancy. Or did I not look in the right place? But it would be great if it happens!

Edited by cruise pup

I targeted this week based on how pricing was looking a couple months ago, so already arranged the week off. I was actually planning a MED cruise with Liberty or Legend, but held off and now was able to grab this deal.

This is a weekend offer only. The preview sale will go into effect from Monday AM and then open to all on Tuesday. The preview sale has the Neighborhood Balcony at 699 with 110% so you can get an X for same price today.

Even happier as was able to grab the Renaissance 17th / Port Everglades for pre-cruise the 30th at $62 on Hotwire and then post-cruise at $56 on Priceline.

The fares are:

faresingletotalInside Z549598722.14Oceanview Y649713837.14Balcony X699770894.14