Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

No, I've only cruised on Norwegian before. I've heard good and not so good about MSC, but at that price I couldn't resist. I have mobility problems so having a balcony is very important to me. Probably won't get off at any of the ports but that's okay with me. Will post a full report afterwards.

Have you cruised MSC before? If so, how different is it from the U.S. geared cruise lines?

I haven't sailed with MSC, I've only been on a ship visit to MSC Opera in Southampton.

My understanding is that the observations that people make are around cultural aspects. We Brits like to queue. The European itineraries have mainly Italian passengers, and they are not a nation of queuers!

I wonder what the clientele will be on the Caribbean itineraries.

Hello Everyone,

My husband passed away in June and at this time I'm not ready to cruise w/o him yet. However, I do enjoy looking over the possibility of cruising in the future. I didn't realize that cruise lines have solo pricing. How do I find those deals? Are they on line with an on line TA, do I need to go directly to the cruise line either on line or by phone?

Also,which cruise companies offer this to solo's?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Maris,

My husband passed away about a year ago and I am trying to get up the courage to book a solo cruise since I love to cruise and don't want to give it up because he isn't with me. I love the idea of cruising alone also, since I still want to vacation but don't want to stay in hotels by myself. Solo cruising seems like a good alternative.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the great suggetions!!!

Edited by vmom

valid all next week, they still have the Allure and the Oasis with only 110% single supplement (mid and late September)-- Balconies are around $850 including taxes! I am thinking that I might go on my first SOLO cruise on one of these itineraries.

Carnival Splendor 8 night Bahamas cruise out of NYC Inside Single including port charges and taxes comes to $783. Also, deposit is only $300. instead of $600. (they really have a nerve with those deposit rates!). This is considered an upgrade form the upper/lower insides.

Carnival Splendor 8 night Bahamas cruise out of NYC Inside Single including port charges and taxes comes to $783. Also, deposit is only $300. instead of $600. (they really have a nerve with those deposit rates!). This is considered an upgrade form the upper/lower insides.

I am on the Splendor Jan 4. When I called Carnival to get the Price Guarantee they had to "upgrade" me to give me a cheaper price. I wanted to keep the room and just get the lower fare but they couldn't do that. Weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, I've only cruised on Norwegian before. I've heard good and not so good about MSC, but at that price I couldn't resist. I have mobility problems so having a balcony is very important to me. Probably won't get off at any of the ports but that's okay with me. Will post a full report afterwards.

I booked for the price as well. I love the balcony too! See you onboard!

valid all next week, they still have the Allure and the Oasis with only 110% single supplement (mid and late September)-- Balconies are around $850 including taxes! I am thinking that I might go on my first SOLO cruise on one of these itineraries.

I SO wish i could have done one of these. Esp the Allure or even Oasis that leaves the weekend of MY BIRTHDAY! Unfortunately, because it is a special birthday, my siblings are all coming out west to spend it with me.

I am looking at the 11/2 Oasis that is posted this week but the hotels in FLL on the 1st are really high or sold out. Havent looked at airfare yet.

Got a great group of guys and girls who are signed up as well. We all met on various cruises and have decided to have a reunion of sorts.

Pat, good to 'see' you! What do you have booked?

I've got my first solo booked for December 7th on CCL Triumph, but I haven't made final payment yet... :p

I've started a roll call for our sailing so we can chat. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1909020

Edited by Cairnmom

I'll be on CCL Triumpt Sept. 5. Looking forward to seeing the updates.

Me too Journey! And I'm really REALLY looking forward to my first solo!!

In the interest of the thread, I had initially booked my 12/7 for $538, then had a price drop to $458! Not bad. It's a 1A category/price ("interior upper/lower") but it's one of the two sideways rooms on the main deck that has two huge windows; looking forward to that ocean view every morning!! Right now, 1A insides are running $518.

Me too Journey! And I'm really REALLY looking forward to my first solo!!

In the interest of the thread, I had initially booked my 12/7 for $538, then had a price drop to $458! Not bad. It's a 1A category/price ("interior upper/lower") but it's one of the two sideways rooms on the main deck that has two huge windows; looking forward to that ocean view every morning!! Right now, 1A insides are running $518.

At one time Triumph was my favorite Carnival ship. Much nicer décor than Victory even if they are basically the same ship. I had one of those 1A's with the 2 picture windows. I thought they converted them to doubles but obviously I'm wrong. Maybe the ones on the Conquest class were converted.

At one time Triumph was my favorite Carnival ship. Much nicer décor than Victory even if they are basically the same ship. I had one of those 1A's with the 2 picture windows. I thought they converted them to doubles but obviously I'm wrong. Maybe the ones on the Conquest class were converted.

Yeah I had read that most other ships had changed these to 6Bs but for these particular rooms (not sure what other ships would be similar) the room is too narrow for a double bed. Hope the reports are accurate, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person! My last few cruises have been with balconies so I've gotten pretty spoiled, but as a solo I don't intend to spend a lot of time in the room. Things to do, places to go, DODs to drink! :D