Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thanks for posting the Princess deal. I just booked 10 nights-3/31, 4/4, 4/7 - for $550. A b2b2b. The deposit was a only $33.00 total for all 3 sailings. I think an amazing deal plus I'll be earning 1 cruise point for each sailing which gets me one step closer to Elite!!

You should get double credit for being solo.

If you own CCL stock, you'd get OBC for each leg also. With the prices I'm seeing, it could be possible to make money on these cruises! Suppose you were also Military, and far enough into the loyalty ranks that you are getting the loyalty OBC too! Just thought of more.

you could have

FCC

Military

Stock ownership

Loyalty

Referral (if you got a newbie to come along)

TA perk?

Am I missing any?

Wish Princess sailed out of the east coast. sigh :mad:

Edited by geesherry
additonal thought

The crazy thing about this Sapphire Princess 3-4 day West Coast deal is that the solo price is actually less than the per person rate for a double / triple / quad, so even for people not cruising solo, it is cheaper to book solo ....wait ... am I saying something that makes any sense?:confused:

For the price I see (and I know people are able to get further discount like addn $50+/- off on top of these super low prices), $78.40 is basically 160% of $49; $158.40 is 160% of $99; $238.40 is 160% of $149. Interesting.

The rates lowered when I signed in on the Princess website. I selected Deck 5 (Plaza) forward. I like the location because it's the same deck as the dining rooms, so not as much elevator riding. And the self-service laundry is steps away and if I do all 17 days I will definitely need to use it. I'm hoping it's open on boarding days since I don't think there will be any people using it then.

The itineraries for the 4-day cruises are different, even though them as going to Catalina Island and Ensenada. They all do Ensenada but it turns out when you click on the itinerary for the individual cruises you will see that some go to Santa Barbara and some go to San Diego instead of Catalina Island.

I was signed in when i booked. I have one Princess cruise under my belt. Did i miss something?

The price was the same whether i was signed in or not. What Discount do you think they added for you?

I am happy with what i have but still.

The per person rate for two people were something like $325 before tax.

I have to check and look for the intinerary with San Diego.

I was signed in when i booked. I have one Princess cruise under my belt. Did i miss something?

The price was the same whether i was signed in or not. What Discount do you think they added for you?

I am happy with what i have but still.

The per person rate for two people were something like $325 before tax.

I have to check and look for the intinerary with San Diego.

Then it must have to do with my Captains Circle status. I think I'm Platinum. Even without the extra discount, it's a great price.

Then it must have to do with my Captains Circle status. I think I'm Platinum. Even without the extra discount, it's a great price.

First, thanks to the original poster of this deal. This is fantastic!

Yes, the extra $50 discount is due to being a Captains Circle member. I believe any status. This is my first Princess cruise so I am not a member. However, I called and found out that this cruise qualifies for the VIP promotion which gives the $50 discount for past cruises on cruise lines owned by same parent company (e.g., Carnival and Cunard).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First, thanks to the original poster of this deal. This is fantastic!

Yes, the extra $50 discount is due to being a Captains Circle member. I believe any status. This is my first Princess cruise so I am not a member. However, I called and found out that this cruise qualifies for the VIP promotion which gives the $50 discount for past cruises on cruise lines owned b yn same parent company (e.g., Carnival and Cunard).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

, , if I have past cruises on Carnival how do I connect it when creating a Princess account?

, , if I have past cruises on Carnival how do I connect it when creating a Princess account?

My understanding is that you have to call customer service and they give you the discount while booking/modifying reservation. You then have to fax in proof of a past completed cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... However, I called and found out that this cruise qualifies for the VIP promotion which gives the $50 discount for past cruises on cruise lines owned by same parent company (e.g., Carnival and Cunard). ...

Thanks. You are the best!!!!!!

Now I am going to transfer my booking to my credit card TA and get additional points worth a few more bucks :D

has everyone booked themselves online? anyone called Princess and if so was there any difference?

Thanks!

I did it online and saw the prices I posted earlier, then I called them as suggested by a PP and received $50 off per sailing due to my previous cruise with HAL. So a B2B gives $100 off and a B2B2B gives $150 off.

I did it online and saw the prices I posted earlier, then I called them as suggested by a PP and received $50 off per sailing due to my previous cruise with HAL. So a B2B gives $100 off and a B2B2B gives $150 off.

Was there a specific promo you ask for or just past guest promo?

Was there a specific promo you ask for or just past guest promo?

It's called the VIP promotion. However, if you just ask if your past cruises on other lines count toward a discount the person should know what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All can be found on princess.com

All dates 2014:

3-night sailing:

Fri 3/21 $158.40

Mon 3/24 $78.40

Fri 4/4 $158.40

Mon 4/7 $78.40

Fri 4/18 $238.40

Mon 4/21 $78.40

Thu 5/8 $158.40

4-night sailing:

Thu 3/27 $318.40

Mon 3/31 $238.40

Thu 4/10 $318.40

Mon 4/14 $238.40

Thu 4/24 $318.40

edit: for the 10-night B2B2B that I refer to, is the 3/31, 4/4 and 4/7 sailing ... $475.20 + $225 of tax = $700.20

It looks like these prices are gone now in princess.com

I think it was a pricing error they caught.

Also when I booked online for the $78 taxes were $35 but after I called and put down my deposit and got email confirmation, taxes went up to o $70

Edited by jmsnyc

It is a mess now.

I just got off the phone with Princess. They claim they are working on the promotion today and erroneous confirmations were sent out. They are working currently to fix the problem and will send new confirmations once it is fixed. Recommend you watch your bookings over the next few days and insure your prices are correct...Stay tuned cuz I get the feeling this is not over...:rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with Princess. They claim they are working on the promotion today and erroneous confirmations were sent out. They are working currently to fix the problem and will send new confirmations once it is fixed. Recommend you watch your bookings over the next few days and insure your prices are correct...Stay tuned cuz I get the feeling this is not over...:rolleyes:

I just received a new confirmation with the correct (original) pricing. Thank goodness!