Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just booked RCCL Navigator of the seas 10-24 Nov 2013 Transatlantic from Barcelona to Galveston...$851.65 total for an Inside single occ.

I used a Nextcruise cert, so will have OBC; There is also currently a C&A cert if you are a member...brought my total to $732.61!

Did my first Transatlantic last year and loved it!! :) This one does not have a lot of ports, but I love the sea days

Just booked RCCL Navigator of the seas 10-24 Nov 2013 Transatlantic from Barcelona to Galveston...$851.65 total for an Inside single occ.

I used a Nextcruise cert, so will have OBC; There is also currently a C&A cert if you are a member...brought my total to $732.61!

Did my first Transatlantic last year and loved it!! :) This one does not have a lot of ports, but I love the sea days

Great deal...was about to book it myself and then found Vision of the Seas Lisbon to Miami 10/28/2013. Outside cabin with fees $973, and they still have to take the $225 C&A coupon off of that....

138 east: Thank you for the suggestion of RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas; Aug. 31, 2013 T-A with a nice and different itinerary. I booked it immediately! :)

Great that you will be joining us. It's not the cheapest TA cruise out there compared to some of the others that are posted here, but the itinerary is terrific. There are 6 ports and 7 port days in a bunch of places that you can't get to by ground transportation from Europe. If you have any questions email me at cc138east at gmail.

Carnival is having a one day sale today - Wednesday....definitely worth considering. Carnival is going through a rough time now but I always had a positive experience with them. One or two I am considering.
Will never sail Carnival again. They treated me badly after I was confined to my cabin with gastroenteritis. Claimed they weren't responsible even though I never did receive a bill for my infirmary visits and meds. I didn't come on the ship with it and I observed the hand washing instructions. They made remunerations for the Triumph passengers, which I know was a worse situation, but they had no choice with all of the bad press. An individual person doesn't stand a chance. And no, I wasn't looking for a free cruise or anything like that. But RCCL does offer a credit for each day you are confined to your cabin. They also told me the in-cabin films were free while I was confined and then I did receive a bill which the purser argued with me, claiming I watched films a day before I was confined, until I produced the letter I received from them showing the date I was confined. Carnival is just being rotten. Edited by cruise pup

Will never sail Carnival again. They treated me badly after I was confined to my cabin with gastroenteritis. Claimed they weren't responsible even though I never did receive a bill for my infirmary visits and meds. I didn't come on the ship with it and I observed the hand washing instructions. They made remunerations for the Triumph passengers, which I know was a worse situation, but they had no choice with all of the bad press. An individual person doesn't stand a chance. And no, I wasn't looking for a free cruise or anything like that. But RCCL does offer a credit for each day you are confined to your cabin. They also told me the in-cabin films were free while I was confined and then I did receive a bill which the purser argued with me, claiming I watched films a day before I was confined, until I produced the letter I received from them showing the date I was confined. Carnival is just being rotten.

I am sorry to hear that happened to you. It also does not surprise me based on conversations I have had with people. I am sticking with NCL only for now. To me Carnival seems like a bargain cruise line that cuts corners to deliver a lower price

I am sorry to hear that happened to you. It also does not surprise me based on conversations I have had with people. I am sticking with NCL only for now. To me Carnival seems like a bargain cruise line that cuts corners to deliver a lower price

NCL treats their passengers so well because their hotel managers are always available and even hand out cards with their phone numbers. They have been very helpful in granting requests. One even bought me a drink just because he and some staff members happened to be walking by and sat down to chat with me. I'd like to see that happen on Carnival but I guess I never will since I won't sail them again. LOL

Teddymouse, this is the kind of news we single travellers in the U.K are looking for. I don't know if we are allowed to post which agent or website we booked on but this info would be helpful to as not all of them offer the same deal. For example I got a great deal last year booking direct with the cruise company out of curiosity I phoned the usual agent I used to book with and they quoted almost double the price.

Hi bonnieboots

I'm signed up with several TAs.they email me any deals plus I,m on cruise lines websites, if I see any good offers, I ring a couple of the TAs to see what their offer is on cruise I am interested in, and what the solo price is. It works for me. March I had 21nts with transfers and flights from Heathrow to sao Paulo on the costa Favolosa, Brazil to savona. £1549, that was an outside cabin, solo.The cruises are out there, it helps if you can go at the last minute.

Angie

Teddymouse, this is the kind of news we single travellers in the U.K are looking for. I don't know if we are allowed to post which agent or website we booked on but this info would be helpful to as not all of them offer the same deal. For example I got a great deal last year booking direct with the cruise company out of curiosity I phoned the usual agent I used to book with and they quoted almost double the price.

Hi Bonnie:)....nope, naming Travel Agents is definitely a no-no

on here.....I would say if you have a local TA? Go see them in person

or give them a call and maybe they can help you that way.:)

Hi Teddymouse - that is a very good deal. I'm also on the south coast, so sailing out of Southampton is good for me.

In theory, could interested members PM one another to share such information? I wouldn't be able to do this particular cruise, because of timings, but might see something in future that attracts my attention. I'd also be happy to share info by PM if I posted anything that others might like to know more about.

Hi bonnieboots

I'm signed up with several TAs.they email me any deals plus I,m on cruise lines websites, if I see any good offers, I ring a couple of the TAs to see what their offer is on cruise I am interested in, and what the solo price is. It works for me. March I had 21nts with transfers and flights from Heathrow to sao Paulo on the costa Favolosa, Brazil to savona. £1549, that was an outside cabin, solo.The cruises are out there, it helps if you can go at the last minute.

Angie

21 nighs on Costa, to me, sounds like a life sentence!

Hi Teddymouse - that is a very good deal. I'm also on the south coast, so sailing out of Southampton is good for me.

In theory, could interested members PM one another to share such information? I wouldn't be able to do this particular cruise, because of timings, but might see something in future that attracts my attention. I'd also be happy to share info by PM if I posted anything that others might like to know more about.

There is no facility on this board for PMs. You would need to post an e-mail address in public forum(not advised).

Edited by canny_cruiser

21 nighs on Costa, to me, sounds like a life sentence!

I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea, but I loved it. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the long haul flight to sau Paula. Havering said that, would go again at the drop ofa hat. :D

I just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Millennium on June 7 as part of their Tuesday specials. I didn't want to fly back from Seward (actually, Seward is 125 miles from Anchorage, where the airport is, so the transfer is time-consuming and expensive) so I'm spending the day in Seward and getting back on the ship for a back-to-back. I'm not fond of inside cabins, but it was the cheapest and I do have the same cabin Northbound and Southbound. Price for two weeks, including port charges, was under $1500. If they haven't sold it out, look for it next Tuesday. And if you book it, look for me :)

You have to be pretty quick with these deals. I saw a good offer for Adventure of the Seas in April 2014 on a transatlantic from Miami back to Southampton yesterday (Wednesday). I couldn't phone in the daytime and didn't get round to it in the evening. Today the price has increased, so I won't bother.

I just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Millennium on June 7 as part of their Tuesday specials. I didn't want to fly back from Seward (actually, Seward is 125 miles from Anchorage, where the airport is, so the transfer is time-consuming and expensive) so I'm spending the day in Seward and getting back on the ship for a back-to-back. I'm not fond of inside cabins, but it was the cheapest and I do have the same cabin Northbound and Southbound. Price for two weeks, including port charges, was under $1500. If they haven't sold it out, look for it next Tuesday. And if you book it, look for me :)

Hi, sometimes they do have some good prices on the Tuesday specials

but you definitely have to be able to go at the last minute. You are lucky

in the summertime....you don't have far to travel for sailing to Alaska:)

That is a GREAT price for a 2weeker:D

If you're eligible for the RCCL military discount, the solo price for a D2 balcony on this cruise has dropped to $828 today! Total comes in at around $928 before any discounts