Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I was trying to be helpful by quoting the charges as JeffKoz hadn't mentioned them when posting the US$ prices. They are almost as much as the lead-in cruise price is now so I thought it was relevant. I didn't say they weren't included in UK quotes.

I was not getting at you. agree very relevent.

ACC UK site should include taxes in the headline price and it fails to do so.

On the Journey Mumbai to Athens, taxes and fees are another £250 ($440) approx. Indian visa is £90+, though if you are going direct to ship not sure if transit visa would be permitted which is a little cheaper at £60+ (these visa prices are for UK passport holders.)

Still a great price for a solo introduction to Azamara but just wondering if May in the Indian Ocean/Red Sea will be too hot for me to sunbathe comfortably and with so many sea days, that's why I'd be going.

It will be very hot on the Red Sea. I went through the Red Sea on Voyager of the Seas in May 2012. It was very hot indeed, so I went on deck to sunbathe early in the morning and later in the afternoon. The mid part of the day was spent in joining in activities etc.

I remember going out on deck from the air-conditioned inside, and my glasses steaming up as soon as I got on deck - from the humidity!

The Azamara offer is a very good one, and one which I would have jumped at if it had been later in the year.

Hi Teddy,

Good to see some participation on this subject from the UK. I'm hoping other people looking for single cabin deals will find this forum . The MSC divina cruise 2/11/13 (18 night ) I mentioned above I booked through cruisevillage .co.uk . It was £1059 inside for the 18 night cruise plus 2 nights post cruise at the colony hotel ,art deco district, Miami it also includes flights from gatwick to Venice and Miami to Heathrow. It did not include transfers.

I thought this was a great deal for solo travellers so hopefully someone will see this post and pass it on to their single friends. I only booked a couple of days ago so should still be available. I know transatlantic cruises do tend to be cheaper but most float about the med for a week or so (not always great in november) before speeding straight across to Miami, this one is literally giving you a full carribean cruise . Some of the prices I have been quoted for a solo cruise are laughable so this was a fantastic price.

I saw this cruise the other day. I'm dithering at the moment. I'm not sure about travelling on MSC, especially with so many sea days. I enjoy sea days, but like to have a range of activities to join in with. Is this likely to be the case with MSC?

I was on the verge of booking RCI Adventure of the Seas on 4 November as this sails out of Southampton (I can get there in just over half an hour) to San Juan. The itinerary isn't quite as good as Divina, but I know that there will be plenty of activities for me to take part in.

For the heck of it I just checked flights for the Quest May 1st on ChoiceAir out of Tampa, and the least expensive reasonable flight combo was about $2300. (There were some less expensive options but they all included a 40 minute connection at Dulles for a flight heading from there to Frankfurt--I would never book a connection like that, especially for an international flight. Can't believe they even offer it!)

I'd still seriously consider it though if I didn't have that work committment in mid-May!

For the heck of it I just checked flights for the Quest May 1st on ChoiceAir out of Tampa, and the least expensive reasonable flight combo was about $2300. (There were some less expensive options but they all included a 40 minute connection at Dulles for a flight heading from there to Frankfurt--I would never book a connection like that, especially for an international flight. Can't believe they even offer it!)

I'd still seriously consider it though if I didn't have that work committment in mid-May!

Friend of mine in Sarasota just booked it...but they will be over there ending another cruise and just pushed his return flight and added the leg to the debarkation port for a couple hundred....wish I had that kind of time to take off...lol

It will be very hot on the Red Sea. I went through the Red Sea on Voyager of the Seas in May 2012. It was very hot indeed, so I went on deck to sunbathe early in the morning and later in the afternoon. The mid part of the day was spent in joining in activities etc.

I remember going out on deck from the air-conditioned inside, and my glasses steaming up as soon as I got on deck - from the humidity!

The Azamara offer is a very good one, and one which I would have jumped at if it had been later in the year.

Yes, this is what I thought. I'd best give it a miss.

I saw this cruise the other day. I'm dithering at the moment. I'm not sure about travelling on MSC, especially with so many sea days. I enjoy sea days, but like to have a range of activities to join in with. Is this likely to be the case with MSC?

I was on the verge of booking RCI Adventure of the Seas on 4 November as this sails out of Southampton (I can get there in just over half an hour) to San Juan. The itinerary isn't quite as good as Divina, but I know that there will be plenty of activities for me to take part in.

For what it is worth, given my experience of MSC (tho' I have never been with Royal Carib), I would stick to the Adventure.

I only have one cruise on each line but would go with RCI over MSC for activities and overall experience.

Just did a last minute booking for Norwegian Jewel leaving this Sunday. The rate dropped again so an inside single gty was $758. plus taxes and port charges coming to $906.34. Not bad considering the following week's single gyt is over $2,000.00 (spring break starts).

P.S. 2 hours later I was assigned a cabin, very good location and considerably more money but still an inside. but I notice the insided gty rate was down another $60. So I call NCL and explain the rate drop before I even receive a confirmation email, expecting to ge refused and they actually honored the price drop (it might be that price gty policy). However, they took away my cabin and I now have to be assigned again. They never let you win completely!

Does Royal Caribbean ever send out emails to C&A members with solo specials? Or any special mailing list to sign up on?

I prefer to cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans so I think that limits me to Navigator and Serenade?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Does Royal Caribbean ever send out emails to C&A members with solo specials? Or any special mailing list to sign up on?

I prefer to cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans so I think that limits me to Navigator and Serenade?

Sent from my Nexus 4

I wish they did and anxiously await to hear from anyone that has different info. I have to scour other sites to find deals, like vacationtogo

Sent from my Nexus 4

Although not specific to solo specials the weekly RC sales do have some reduced single supplements and can be found here

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I have not found any e-mails for this information yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

They do not send out emails about solo rates, but you can find good deals by just checking the website.

My Jewel solo cruise is $765 :D now, it's well over $1,000. It pays to look often.

Even my Liberty cruise is $699, but now it's over $800. I'll keep looking for price drops until final payment though.

Hi...........I found a great deal on RCL Legend of the Seas 15 night Suez Canal Cruise from Dubai to Rome departing 04/19 .........Superior Balcony single for $1148.75 ($78. per day). Inside & outside cabins are less. I've never cruised solo, but this one is very tempting as I've been trying to "get to Egypt" for my last 2 Med. cruises. Third time could be the charm....I'm just a bit uncertain about going alone. Thoughts anyone?

Hi...........I found a great deal on RCL Legend of the Seas 15 night Suez Canal Cruise from Dubai to Rome departing 04/19 .........Superior Balcony single for $1148.75 ($78. per day). Inside & outside cabins are less. I've never cruised solo, but this one is very tempting as I've been trying to "get to Egypt" for my last 2 Med. cruises. Third time could be the charm....I'm just a bit uncertain about going alone. Thoughts anyone?

I have been cruising solo for 10 years now and I LOVE IT:D

Thoughts? It sounds like a wonderful itinerary and if I could go?

I would :).....I say go for it.....cruising solo (for me) it is the only

way I cruise. I can do what I want (or don't want) when I want....

it is simply fabulous:D

P.S. 2 hours later I was assigned a cabin, very good location and considerably more money but still an inside. but I notice the insided gty rate was down another $60. So I call NCL and explain the rate drop before I even receive a confirmation email, expecting to ge refused and they actually honored the price drop (it might be that price gty policy). However, they took away my cabin and I now have to be assigned again. They never let you win completely!

Actually I did win. The cabin they took away was no longer available but they assigned me a similar one, actually 4 doors closer to the elevator than the original assignment. The reps at NCL were really as nice as can be. Especially compared to Carnival which gave me a lot of grief. Laundry is finished so tomorrow is load the suitcase and I'm off on Sunday. Not since Streisand's Fanny Brice ran off to join Nick Arnstein has there been such an impulsive cruise booking.

Although not specific to solo specials the weekly RC sales do have some reduced single supplements and can be found here

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I have not found any e-mails for this information yet.

Is there a list to get on in order to get the brochure/pre-sales event info? I am a C&A member but did not get any email or notice on this.

Is there a list to get on in order to get the brochure/pre-sales event info? I am a C&A member but did not get any email or notice on this.

I am also a C&A member but I did not receive this link directly I found in on a Cruise Critic Message board. Have not seen anywhere to sign up for this so just have to check the link as it is updated (weekly I think) with the new sales.

I have been cruising solo for 10 years now and I LOVE IT:D

Thoughts? It sounds like a wonderful itinerary and if I could go?

I would :).....I say go for it.....cruising solo (for me) it is the only

way I cruise. I can do what I want (or don't want) when I want....

it is simply fabulous:D

Hi Lois - nice to see you. :D

Linktobze - I agree with Lois. I just got back from a 15 day San Diego to Hawaii on the Century. I love sailing solo. I have also made many new friends and we sometimes schedule cruises together, but still "solo". Come on, jump in.....give it a try.:)

Pat

@ Taz....... Wow, U are like my Cruise Mentor!....LOL I am eyeing several cruise deals for my spring break week and am hesitant to cruise solo, but REALLY need to getaway. I did the solo thing once before on RC and it was okay. Any tips to make the experience better?? Leaning towards Celebrity Constellation or Carnival

Edited by rtb1922