9/30/08 LIVE from Carnival Miracle

Radio

Have been reading Radio's posts after fsbsuperv gave me the link. Great shots! We just booked for the 6/17/09 this morning for 4237 mostly because of fsb's and Radio's reports. Any chance of psoting some pictures of the cabin? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.:D

Radio took a bunch the other day, Radio you have my permission to post if you care too. If not I will be happy to post them when I get home and also email yousome if you would like. Email me at georgeny@verizon.net after Oct 8th return to remind me. You did good thought fantastic suite. very, very happy with it.

George in NY - currently in 4237

:D Radio can join the early risers club on any ship that we are on,you not so much.

King, If I recall you missed some early riser time on Mariners in May. If you had doen the right thing and joined me I would have done ER Club. Wore my stinky's shirt to meet Radio too I think.

Stinky George in NY

Hey Radio....

Just love, love, love St. Thomas Did you have a bushwacker when you were at paradise point. Is there a charge pp for Morning star beach?

Thanks

Mrs Radio had one, and I took a couple sips. . .:o

Mmmm Good ! they are VERY strong . . .:eek:

No charge to use the beach at Morningstar. . . just a charge for rentals of chairs, umbrella's, and food and drink.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Radio could you post a pic or 2 of Franky & Johnnies?

Thanks

Kendall

I will try to get some. . . I took some pics but they didn't look good.

I will try again before Wednesday.

Radio

.....we were on the Miracle 7/31/07 and will be on her again 12/7/08. We can't wait to go back. Can you post a picture of the chess set at the Orpheus bar and a picture of the "wooden booby lady" (the lady on all the elevator doors). It would be much appreciated. It was on this ship that my son wanted to becaome a Cruise Director and he misses these things so much.

:D

Thanks

wasiii

.....if you can take pictures of the above two items it would be appreciated.

wasiii

Thanks Theron. . .You are right. we are definitely rolling a bit. . .but it is much smoother in the Atrium, than it is here (Deck 4 AFT) or up on the Lido deck !

No bags have been placed on the stairwells yet, though. . .:o

Radio

Radio, you all can talk about rolling and rough seas but ask Theron about our Grandeur cruise out of Baltimore over Halloween in 2006, floor tiles cracking and popping up, food counters in the Windjammer falling over (they even closed the Windjammer for awhile. :eek: It was like a fun "E" ticket ride, I loved it. We had the 'Royal Family Suit on the rear starboard deck 7 and twice when someone was in one of the bathrooms the drawers outside the bathroom door slid open and trapped them in there. First time it was me and the second it was the maid (trapped her for 30 minutes and really gave her a fright.). - Love your pictures! Always try to remember to follow your "Live Reports".

Jack :)

Hello everyone. We just pulled into Tortola at 630AM. We are being tied up now to the dock, but the ship will probably get cleared by around 7PM.

The forecast for today is calling for sunny skies, and hot again (92° f).

At first glance. . . Road Town, Tortola appears to be very quiet and calm.

I am not sure what stores will be open on Sunday here.

There aren’t many ships docking here this year, but I am sure that the town knows that many passengers will be try to buy stuff today !

Here are a few pics from our arrival this morning.

More pics later today !

Radio

A very quiet, very early morning on Miracle.

K1.JPG

The sun is trying to get up as well. . .

K4.JPG

We approach Road Town, Tortola

K2.JPG

Approaching the pier slowly

K3.JPG

It appears a lot like St Thomas. . . I love the homes on the hillside ;-)

K6.JPG

We made it to the dock. . . Welcome to Tortola !

K5.JPG

Hey Raadio , Love Tortola - it's such a pretty Island. - did you check out the route you took from St Thomas to Tortola? It was too funny when we saw that on the bid screen in the Atrium. All Zig Zags LOL.

Enjoy your day today - do you plan to visit any beaches? Cane Garden Bay is probably the most beautiful beach I ever saw.

Once again, you are still doing it to me! And I love it when you take me on your cruise! As I look at those last few pics, I feel like I am up on that quiet deck as we slowly approach the island....man, you are something else!!!!

thank you, thank you, thank you! I know that I will have a great day because I have that cruise feeling in me!

My bf and I are going to see Robin Williams tonight, that will be great also!

cruzn buckeye

Radio, I have those same pictures of pulling into Tortola! I agree with disfan13-go to Cane Garden Bay. We were outside at 7:45 and hopped on one of the open buses and he took us on a **breathless** ride to the beach. We have been to T. before, so we knew what to expect, but DS and DIL were holding onto their seats lol. They have coconuts for $5. They stick a straw in it so you can sip the milk, rum is optional but included in the price :D Then take it back and have them hack it open and you can eat the flesh. Get back to the pier in time to do some shopping at the flea market set up right there. Have fun!

Mich6674, we were in cabin 4228 last week. Very nice cabin and the cabin stewards were great. Only thing I didn't "like" was that flagpole-you can see it in Radio's picture of the aft of Miracle. I was trying to get pictures of sunrises on the way back and the pole was always in the way. :o Could have gone to another deck, but I was in my jammies with my coffee and danish and fruit on the balcony and too comfy and lazy! :p

First of all, I just want to say that I'm really enjoying your review and pics!! :D I feel like I'm taking the cruise with you. Thanks!! :D

Second, I thought you were supposed to be in Grand Turk today. :confused: Why are you in Tortola instead? :confused:

Hey Raadio , Love Tortola - it's such a pretty Island. - did you check out the route you took from St Thomas to Tortola? It was too funny when we saw that on the bid screen in the Atrium. All Zig Zags LOL.

Enjoy your day today - do you plan to visit any beaches? Cane Garden Bay is probably the most beautiful beach I ever saw.

I agree Cane Garden Beach was a slice of heaven last April. The people were so friendly and the beers according to my dh were awesome lol

Thanks Radio for taking the time to do this for us. I will be on the Miracle in October 2009 and can't wait. If you get a chance can you find the time machine on the ship and set it in fast forward so the wait won't be so long ? :eek:

Avril, the cruise was originally supposed to have T. as the last stop, then they changed it to Grand Turk. After Hurricane Ike did so much damage to GT, it was switched back to T. again.

Radio, we originally went to Sapphire Beach. I've always wanted to go there. Our taxi driver told us they were changing management or something and nothing was open for snacks, drinks, bathroom break, etc, so she took us to Blue Moon Resort. It was nice but Sapphire Beach just looked/looks so awesome. We did at least stop there and I got some pictures. There weren't many people there tho.

Hey Crazed - it's Happy Flamingo! How are you and Steven? We sure had a great time on the Liberty meeting you guys and at Cane Garden Bay (oh what wonderful painkillers:D ) and who could forget those flamingos:) !!! The entire cruise was fabulous! Where does your 10/09 on the Miracle leave from - NY or FLL?

Radio, this is so great! Can't wait for your next post. We've been on the Miracle before and loved it so much we'll be back 12/6/09 for our 25th anniversary. Got an aft balcony this time and are so excited. Wish we were going back to Tortola - one day we will - was our favorite island so far.

Radio

First off, let me say I am totally enjoying your blog!! My husband and I were on the Sept 14th sailing on our honeymoon and looking at these pics reminds us of our trip and brings back great memories

We came across your Miracle AFT photo you took and our room was 7298 which we are able to see from the pic you took

Would you mind please sending me the photo. When we saw your pic, it occured to us, we didnt take the pic. My email address is Butterfly0024@hotmail.com

Thanks so much in advance and enjoy the rest of your trip

Hello everyone. . . We left Tortola at 1PM today, and I am very happy that we were able to come here. I kind of wish that we could have stayed the whole day though. . .

We left the ship at about 730AM this morning, and went into town. It was very hot today, as predicted.

There were about 30 small tents just outside of the security area, where vendors were set up to sell t-shirts, hats, and small gifts.

There was another area about ½ mile west that was a small crafts village selling many of the same items.

You can get a rental car from Hertz for $55/day, or a scooter for $50/day. Taxis are readily available for transfers over to Cane Bay beach for only $12/pp (each way).

You could also get an Island tour for about $20/pp (open air Safari Bus).

We stopped into the Tortola Ferry terminal to see about going over to Virgin Gorda. It seems that the last Ferry we could have taken left at 8AM, and we would not have been able to make it back in time if we took the 10AM Ferry. (We had to make it back to the ship no later than 12:30PM)

We should have checked the schedule out at www.speedysbvi.com before we left. Speedy’s goes to Virgin Gorda, and Native Son Ferry goes to St Thomas (Red Hook).

We went over to a small Hotel/Marina (Village Cay Hotel Marina), that served a nice breakfast, and had a cup of coffee while we checked out the Road Town maps, and tours. We opted to just walk around for the day, and see what we could see.

There was a small Mall that was closed, as were many of the shops. The island locals all seemed very friendly, and the town was starting to wake up by around 11.

Several stores opened up we met many cruise passengers that must have had the same idea as us.

There was a island bicycle race today that had some of the streets closed while very fast racing bikes were going through the small town.

We made it over to Pusser’s, a local Bar/grill, that seemed to be very popular. We were told that we must get one of the Famous Pusser’s painkillers. (a popular rum drink)

We walked back to the ship by around 12Noon, and right after we left Tortola I tried to make a quick post to Cruise Critic - but I ended up taking a nap instead ;-)

I would really love to come back to Tortola, and go over to Cane Bay, and Virgin Gorda. I might be able to stay here a little longer.

At least now I have a reason to come back soon !

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We took the long way around to get St Thomas to Tortola

(My GPS tracked our route)

GOOGLE4.JPG

Welcome to Tortola

Y14.JPG

Carnival Miracle at the Pier

K13.JPG

Pusser’s Outpost

K23.JPG

Tortola Ferry Terminal

K25.JPG

The Daphne Elise Ferry is getting ready to go to St Thomas

K7.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Craft Alive Village (lots of small shops)

Y1.JPG

Small shops in Road Town

Y17.JPG

Tortola Department Store

Y15.JPG

Village Cay Marina

Y7.JPG

Village Cay Marina Pool

K22.JPG

Miracle ready to leave Beautiful Tortola

K11.JPG

Just a couple more of our Sailaway from Beautiful Tortola

Thanks for tuning in. . . More pics later !

Radio

The suns shines in my Balcony at the Tortola Pier (Deck 4 Port )

K18.JPG

Speedy’s Ferry bringing back Miracle passengers from Virgin Gorda

K19.JPG

Final boarding of passengers at the gangway

K20.JPG

Pulling away from the dock

Y18.JPG

I would love to come back to the Beautiful Island of Tortola

Y11.JPG

The Beautiful water of the Sir Francis Drake Channel and I will meet again!

Y19.JPG

Hey Crazed - it's Happy Flamingo! How are you and Steven? We sure had a great time on the Liberty meeting you guys and at Cane Garden Bay (oh what wonderful painkillers:D ) and who could forget those flamingos:) !!! The entire cruise was fabulous! Where does your 10/09 on the Miracle leave from - NY or FLL?

Radio, this is so great! Can't wait for your next post. We've been on the Miracle before and loved it so much we'll be back 12/6/09 for our 25th anniversary. Got an aft balcony this time and are so excited. Wish we were going back to Tortola - one day we will - was our favorite island so far.

Hi~! I have pictures for you but lost the email addy in the unpacking :o Yes, we had a great time with you guys :) We are going on the Miracle out of FLL next October. It's an 8 dayer and after seeing and reading all of the info on this ship I think it will easily be my favorite. Something about it seems so cozy! My email is in my profile if you send me yours I'll send you those pics. Gotta love the flamingo ones lol

Archived