Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Carnival Miracle

Sheraton Old San Juan

P5.JPG

View of Old San Juan from up on the top deck of the Sheraton

C1.JPG

RADIO:

My DW, BOTH DS's and myself stayed here the night before our cruise in Aug '07 before our Southern Carbbean cruise. Hotel messed up our reservations and gave us a suite overlooking the pier; front corner just above mezzanine. The view from the top floor (two open window areas top floor left in photo) was where the rooftop outdoor pool was. Senor Frogs, which my sons took us to (younger one had just graduated from Cornell) was just outside the backdoor of the hotel across a small alley way. At that time we had to take transportation to the Pan American pier about 10-15 minutes away.

Would've been better just to walk across the street. :) . We were there on a Saturday nite, during the summer and it was HOT and packed as well. Sorry the stores were closed. The walking tour was great at the end of our cruise, but the steps up from the bottom from the fort "whew"; didn't realize there would not be an elevator. In any event, glad you're having a great time; thanx for the pics. Look forward to your continued posts and commentaries.

Frank

Radio, thanks so much for your ongoing review and awesome photos! We'll be on the Miracle for her first sailing this season from Ft. Lauderdale on Oct. 20, and your photos make me that much more excited about it! We have quite a large CC Roll Call for that sailing. If you could find out any info about that particular sailing, we'd love to hear it. Such as, what time will we be able to board, since the ship will have been passenger free for 2 days during the move to Ft. Lauderdale? Also, will we have the same captain and CD that you have this time? Which nights of our cruise will be formal nights?

THANKS SO MUCH!!! ENJOY your cruise! Can't wait to read more about it and see more pics! :)

View of Old San Juan from up on the top deck of the Sheraton

C1.JPG

We stayed here when is was the Wyndham. Creeps wanted to charge me full price when I had already booked a set price. Thank God I had my reservation slip. Tried to do it to two others in my party as well!

Loved the pool on the roof, and being we had harbor view rooms, I was sure to make it up top early in the morning to watch all the ships come in.

NOT.

They were all docked when I woke up :mad:

SJ166659699LjTQcY_fs.jpg

sj166659712NUyDOJ_fs.jpg

Radio? You are making it so easy to book the Miracle so that i may take my wife to San Juan. I myself was born in Puerto Rico and was there in 1998 by plane. I keep wanting to take my wife and now that i'm hooked on cruising i may get that chance. I live in Houston and hope the air prices will drop low enough so i can book the cruise.

Are all the stores closed? Coach ?Doonie?

Hello everyone. . We pulled into St Thomas today very early (6AM) We were tied up by 7AM. Today the weather is a little cloudy, and the forecast is for showers but hot (92° f).

We are going to rent a car, and make it over to Magens Bay, Mountaintop, and Morningstar Beach. We might make it over to Coki beach if we have time.

Here are a few pics from our arrival today in St Thomas. . .

More pics later !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Early Sunrise

R4.JPG

Marriott’s Frenchmans Reef, and Morningstar beach

R5.JPG

Adventure of the Seas behind us. . .

V3.JPG

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

R8.JPG

We made it to St Thomas, USVI !

V2.JPG

Web Cab View of Miracle from Paradise Point

STT.jpg

.....we were on the Miracle 7/31/07 and will be on her again 12/7/08. We can't wait to go back. Can you post a picture of the chess set at the Orpheus bar and a picture of the "wooden booby lady" (the lady on all the elevator doors). It would be much appreciated. It was on this ship that my son wanted to becaome a Cruise Director and he misses these things so much.

:D

Thanks

wasiii

Hello everyone. . We pulled into St Thomas today very early (6AM) We were tied up by 7AM. Today the weather is a little cloudy, and the forecast is for showers but hot (92° f).

We are going to rent a car, and make it over to Magens Bay, Mountaintop, and Morningstar Beach. We might make it over to Coki beach if we have time.

Here are a few pics from our arrival today in St Thomas. . .

More pics later !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Early Sunrise

R4.JPG

Marriott’s Frenchmans Reef, and Morningstar beach

R5.JPG

Adventure of the Seas behind us. . .

V3.JPG

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

R8.JPG

We made it to St Thomas, USVI !

V2.JPG

Web Cab View of Miracle from Paradise Point

STT.jpg

WOW, I have seen a lot of sunrises but this I think is the most beautiful!

Radio, thanks for taking us along. I am really enjoying this!

The last 7 day cruise that I was on was on the Miracle! She is a beautiful ship!

Now how kewl is this. I get to sleep late and still get to see us enter St. Thomas thanks to that crazy early riser guy Radio!!! PERFECT! Radio I owe you a nice coffee at Fountain Head soon.

George in NY - Sailing the Miracle but smart enough to sleep in.

PS: King Radio and I did indeed get together for coffee once so far alreadywith the wives. Radio is a great guy too, just like me, hahaha.

Now how kewl is this. I get to sleep late and still get to see us enter St. Thomas thanks to that crazy early riser guy Radio!!! PERFECT! Radio I owe you a nice coffee at Fountain Head soon.

George in NY - Sailing the Miracle but smart enough to sleep in.

PS: King Radio and I did indeed get together for coffee once so far alreadywith the wives. Radio is a great guy too, just like me, hahaha.

Have been reading Radio's posts after fsbsuperv gave me the link. Great shots! We just booked for the 6/17/09 this morning for 4237 mostly because of fsb's and Radio's reports. Any chance of psoting some pictures of the cabin? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.:D

Have been reading Radio's posts after fsbsuperv gave me the link. Great shots! We just booked for the 6/17/09 this morning for 4237 mostly because of fsb's and Radio's reports. Any chance of psoting some pictures of the cabin? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.:D

Pineneedles:

Just posted a video of 4237 of the Legend (Sister Ship) on the 6/17/09 Carnival Miracle thread. Take a look; you'll have a great time. We'll be 4 decks directly above you in 8273 :D

Frank

Hello everyone. . . We got off of the ship by around 730. . . I was surprised that there wasn’t a long line to get off.

We walked over to Budget , and picked up a car. (We signed up for it while we were home last week. . .No credit Card required to hold)

We first went up to MountainTop. . . Home of the original Banana Daiquiri (That what they told us) It overlooks beautiful Magens Bay, but the skies were overcast and gray.

I wasn’t able to get great pics there, but it was nice to see all of the other islands in the area including St John (USVI) and Tortola (BVI).

Mrs. Radio shopped a bit, and then we left for Saffire beach. (It was too early for a Daiquiri)

On the way to Saffire Beach we stopped along the way for a couple of photos. The scenery there was gorgeous. The beach, water and landscaping were beautiful, but the resort seems like it may need a little work.

We went over to Coki Beach to do a little snorkeling, and when we arrived, we thought out loud that it was pretty dumb to leave our snorkel equipment in the cabin. . . Ouch ! We still loved Coki Beach, and decided that next time we would spend a lot of time there.

As we drove around the island we discussed how beautiful St Thomas is. . Around every turn, it seems like there is a photo from a beautiful resort brochure. . Except we were there viewing it ! It was paradise. . .

We went over to Morningstar beach at the Marriott, where we relaxed on the beach and in the calm warm water of the Caribbean.

There were several other cruise Ship passengers there as well from Miracle and Adventure of the Seas.

Before heading back to Havensight for some serious shopping, we had to drive up to Paradise Point. It is a great spot to view the cruise ships in the harbor, do a little shopping, and have a Bushwacker ! (they were great) The sun was out, and it was very clear, and very hot !

We took back the car, and dropped all of our stuff on the ship. Mrs. Radio went over to Havensight Mall(In front of the ship), and I went over to the new Paradise Gate Café (in front of Adventure of the Seas, right on the pier).

They have a great fresh water pool, fitness center, food, beer, and Internet (very fast). A lot of the crew comes here.

I am going to go and find the by better half, and then we will be back on the ship for our sail away, at 6PM.

Tomorrow we will be in Tortola, BVI for the first time. We will arrive very early (6AM), but have to leave at 2PM. We haven’t decide what to do, but will probably just play it by ear.

Here are some pics from today. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Saffire Beach

VI2.JPG

Saffire beach is beautiful, and the water is very calm. . .

VY1.JPG

They say that the Snorkeling is GREAT here ! (Coki Beach)

VI3.JPG

The water once again, is very beautiful (Coki Beach)

V6.JPG

Morningstar beach is the Best !

V9.JPG

Morningstar beach from up on the hill. . .

WI8.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . More tomorrow from Tortola !

Radio

Saffire beach from up on the hill

V7.JPG

Miracle AFT

WI3.JPG

Nice shuttles to take you around to the shops !

WI10.JPG

Nice Pool at Paradise Gate (Right on the Pier)

WI6.JPG

Miracle and Adventure of the Seas from Paradise Point

WI2.JPG

Carnival Miracle from Paradise Point

WI1.jpg

Archived