Romance package - Pearl

gnurse

I could not see a thread for this so hope I can get an answer :confused:

I am thinking of Purchasing the $ 79 Romance package .. seems like a good price for dinner at Bistro , and the sparkling wine ( confirmed today it is a bottle) and another bottle of wine at the dinner .. any input from anyone that has purchased this ?

it's GREAT..purchase it...when you get to the room the wine is there with chocolate covered strawberries (YUMMY) then there is an invite to a "anniversay" party.. it was on the 1st sea day at 2 pm it was sweet..a staffer comes in, everyone goes around and says who they are.from where and what they are celebrating/ you then get to take a picture and can either get that picture for free or $10 off of any other pic that you buy..you also get an anniversay/romance cake at dinner the nite that you eat at the specialty restaurant (hand them the letter when you get there), you make the reservation for whatever nite you want and the waitstaff sings "Let Me call you Sweetheart". all in all worth the price (to us)...(we did it on the Spirit Aug 23-31..2008)...enjoy!!

We purchased this on our Feb 08 cruise. It was well worth the price. One note, go to Le Bistro for your dinner early in your cruise. We went the last night of our cruise and did not get to enjoy our cake because we could not eat all of it in the little amount of time we had left on the ship.

I agree the strawberries were great. They were dipped in white chocolate as well as the normal chocolate.

Do you know what kind of sparkling wine it is? Also, since my hubby is not a fan of sparkling wine, can you switch out for a bottle of red wine?

I don't remember the type of sparkling wine but you could always ask if they'll switch it out - the sparkling wine is what you get in your stateroom.

You get to pick between a house red or house white in Le Bistro.

We were able to choose a foto from the gallery with our anniversary package- never found time to attend the cake gathering.

We exchanged our bottle of dry sparkling with someone in our group for a bottle of red that was a gift to him from his T/A, but it would be great if NCL would allow a choice of red, dry white, sweet white or pink, or the sparkling!

We enjoyed red with dinner at LeBistro Package very well worth it to echo other posters

OK...I have to ask....

• Is it possible to "escape" the singing in the restaurant?

• Can we go to the cake party if we're really only there for the cake and not celebrating anything - even though we bought this package???

:o

DH and I had the package on our Bermuda cruise. You can ask them not to sing but it really is kind of fun. I am cruising with a group of girlfriends this month and we also booked the package. I'm sure they won't care if we're not celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon:) The package was well worth the 79.00.

thanks everyone .. just like I thought , it seems like a really good deal .. my husband does not drink at all so I get the wine all to myself :D (lol), and I booked it today .. was suprised though as I had to give the credit card number - I thought it would just be charged to my card once we sailed as the booked shore excursion I have set is going to be , so I thought I would pass that info along ... Thanks again !;)

thanks everyone .. just like I thought , it seems like a really good deal .. my husband does not drink at all so I get the wine all to myself :D (lol), and I booked it today .. was suprised though as I had to give the credit card number - I thought it would just be charged to my card once we sailed as the booked shore excursion I have set is going to be , so I thought I would pass that info along ... Thanks again !;)

Actually, they charged it to your card dated today. But that's just one less charge you'll have to worry about come cruise time. I ordered way back in mid-summer for my Spirit cruise and somehow forgot about it, until I saw it on my card. Talk about a "duh" moment, lol! :p

PS as a note to that, make sure you take the credit card statement to confirm the purchase because the record of that doesn't show up on your official ship documents like the shore excursions do.

Does anyone know if it is possible to still book the romance package if we are sailing THIS sunday?

I could be wrong, but I don't see why you couldn't book it your first day on the ship. Just call and they should be able to help.

Have fun on your cruise!

I called - No go! :(

They send the manifest out 4 days prior to sail. She said I could ask when we board but for now, it's a no.

That's too bad. Maybe they can help you out on the ship - try asking to talk to the concierge if possible. He/She may be able to pull some strings for you.

I could be wrong, but I don't see why you couldn't book it your first day on the ship. Just call and they should be able to help.

Have fun on your cruise!

Well the strawberries and sparkling wine are waiting in your cabin, so it would be a tad late to wait until you are on board.;) Don't forget to save the letter waiting in your cabin. You will need it when you go to LeBristro and when you select your photograph.

• Administrators

I am thinking of Purchasing the $ 79 Romance package .. seems like a good price for dinner at Bistro , and the sparkling wine ( confirmed today it is a bottle) and another bottle of wine at the dinner .. any input from anyone that has purchased this ?

You aren't wrong -- I think it's the best deal at sea. Every thread here has been positive about it by a large margin (though a few of us (me included) have been a little curious about the "canapes" delivered one night during the cruise -- they are kind of.... um... incognito :D). If you are interested in the components of this package, it's well worth booking prior to your sailing. For those wondering about booking once onboard, since it's a "bon voyage" gift booked with shoreside customer service, I'm doubtful whether that would be possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask (get any phone replies in writing by follow up email).

Well the strawberries and sparkling wine are waiting in your cabin, so it would be a tad late to wait until you are on board.;) Don't forget to save the letter waiting in your cabin. You will need it when you go to LeBristro and when you select your photograph.

I thought about that (wine and strawberries waiting for you in the cabin) about 5 minutes after I posted! :rolleyes:

We buy it on every cruise, cant beat it. And I suspect NCL will put the price up very soon as it's so popular.

Archived