Good Restaurants on Las Olas Blvd

zebra

We'll be staying at the Riverside on Las Olas in fort Lauderdale in January. Who has some suggestions for us with regards to restaurants

a) within walking distance

b) on the beach front in Fort Lauderdale

Thanks!

Jackson's is mucho expensive and unless it's going on an expense account or someone else is picking up the tab, not worth it.

Try...Samba Room (great Cuban), Timpanos (Italian) at 350 E Las Olas or Brasserie across the street. You can't go wrong by walking out of the lobby, turning right and just walking for a few blocks down Las Olas. You'll find dozens of restaurants. Another favorite is Louie Louie's Italian Bistro.

Hi:)....I agree with the previous poster's suggestion about walking along the Blvd.....each restaurant has a menu outside......you can see what they are offering and the prices for everything as well.

There really are dozens of choices...each with their own ambiance....they vary from Burgers to Italian to Crepes to seafood.....whatever your taste buds crave you should be able to find along Las Olas!

Enjoy your dinner as well as your cruise:)

I have to agree with Lois and the previous poster.

Just walk along Las Olas during the day and get a feel for the menus. You have such a great variety all within walking distance. Also ask at the front desk of the Riverside and have them make a reservation for you. They won't steer you wrong.

Do you have a room in the new section of the hotel?

mcboo:):)

Try the French crepe place. Something different that you don't have every day. Reasonably priced and delicious. Save room for dessert, those are the best crepes. It's across the street from your hotel, not too far down. I think it has a blue awning over the sidewalk seating area.

Pennstategal

Hi, the water taxi stops at 15th Street Fisheries...I haven't eaten there but alot of folks swear by it...while others say it is just so-so.

Then the water stops along Las Olas.....you can get off and walk the Blvd...

the prices vary....check out some of the menus and see what appeals to youl.

Hi, I haven't stayed there but I have been inside the lobby...if you want to see some things, click on to www.riversidehotel.com That should give you an idea of how it looks.

It is older...with a "European Feel" to it. The location is FABULOUS......directly in the middle of Las Olas.....with shops and restaurants on both sides.

I know there are some newer rooms......the place looks very nice to me.

The Riverside is great as long as you get a room in the new section.

Location is wonderful, you can walk to many restaurants and art galleries and shops. A fun location.

The new rooms are the key to enjoying your stay at the Riverside.

Hope this helps.

mcboo:):):)

Zebra,

The 2 restaurants in the hotel itself are excellent.

One is a more formal Grill Room, serving traditional food.

The other one, (I forget the name) is upmarket casual and serves some very interesting food. I just ate there again 2 weeks ago and it was excellent.

There are tons of restaurants you can walk to from your hotel.

Mark's Las Olas is one of the best - awsome cuisine. However, the noise level can get to be deafening.

Jane

A few blocks north of your hotel is the Floridian Restaurant.

You'll recognize it as a plain, white clapboard building with green shutters. There's a smatering of tables out on the sidewalk

for dining and watching the streetlife.

This place isn't fancy, no reservations, no dress code.

It's even open 24 hrs a day should you be peckish at 3AM.

But be warned, the portions are gigantic and you won't leave

hungry! Don't ask for the LARGE soda! The cup is the size of a wastepaper basket, and it took me an hour to finish my Coke.

And nothing fancy about the inside. To the newcomer, it looks a tad run-down, and gloomy, but the service and fantastic food make up for it. If you like a good meal without blowing away half of your checkbook, you'll find this to be the spot you've been looking for.

I have eaten at Mangoes on Los Olas Boulevard and was not disappointed. I had the mahi-mahi both times. Their selections are surf-and-turf. Casual atmosphere and later in the evening they have a band and dancing on the other side. The price was average but this was a few years ago.

Coka

• 2 weeks later...

Max's Grille is right on the water taxi route. It has a Lunch special...anything on their normal menu is only $3.99 at lunch...at lunch extends into the afternoon....I think til at least 3 pm. We had lunch there and it was great. You can dine either inside or outside.

• 2 months later...

Archived