At least Princess has clean ships

laidbackin LA

Something positive about Princess:

I didn't see the maintenance staff vacuuming or polishing during the daytime.

On other cruises the staff is polishing and vacuuming while people are walking around in the day.

Significant policy difference.

BTW, does anyone still offer cloth wipie towels in the public restrooms, or has that expense been eliminated industry-wide?

It's good to hear that Princess is keeping up with cleaning.

In February, HAL's Noordam still offered the traditional "cloth" washclothes in the public restrooms for drying your hands. I do not know if they are continuing this (though, my parents always had this on HAL), so I assume they have not stopped it as of yet.

Hal and Celebrity had cloth hand towels (as of April), this may have changed since then. I like the extra touch! However, it's not a deal breaker. :o

I, too, think that Princess does a great job on keeping their ships "ship shape!"

I put my hand on a rail, as we were moving out to sea on the first day (aboard the Golden) and I noticed that the wooden rail felt very rough. Well, the very next day I stood at the same spot, put my hand on the most polished, smooth rail. They work like "pixies" in the night! :)

I have absolutely no objection to seeing crew members cleaning and polishing during the day when passengers are around. To keep any ship clean and sparkling it requires much more than doing that only after people have gone to bed. I commend cruise lines - and it is all of them I have been on, including Princess - for whom keeping things "ship shape" is a 24/7 chore.:)

i am so glad to hear this - this summer we were on the Norwegian Dawn and the room was very dusty. I had to dust the shelves, the draws and clean out the refridgerator which had frosting stuck on the ceiling of the fridge. Pretty

gross. I am not a total neat freak but expect the room to be cleaned before we occupy it.

On our CB Princess cruise in January - it will be the first sailing after dry dock so I expect it will sparkle.

Yeah, Celebrity Constellation had terrycloth towels in the Men's Rooms in July...

But I really don't think that was the point of the OP's post...

The OP has a long run of negative posts about Princess on these boards...and I think this one was intended as a backhanded compliment...

The ships are "clean" because the OP never sees anyone cleaning??? Excuse me...

This is sort of like the guy who says "I stood up for you...So-and-so said you weren't worth a bucket of s*** ...and I said YOU WERE!!"...

So, after telling us nobody cleans the ships, the OP then tells us they have no towels...

Archived