When to send email with table request?

Mickeylee

In discussions about table size requests, I have seen it mentioned that they don't start to do seating until the week prior to the cruise. Is this correct? So should I wait until the Sunday prior to my departure to email? (We depart on a Sunday - so that would be exactly 1 week prior)

I sent in a request about 2 weeks before our Mariner sailing (just got off on Sunday). I got an email confirmation back that my request had been honored (I asked for a specific table configuration, a specific deck and a specific area) all of my requests were granted and the table was absolutely perfect! Thank you RCI :D

We're sailing on Enchantment on 12/7, and I emailed a seating request on Oct. 27. Here's the email reply I got:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International Dining Services.

Please be advised your request has been noted. Dining arrangements are finalized the week of sailing, at which time we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Once guest arrive for embarkation, their Sea Pass Card will denote the table number and seating time.

We contacted C&A the other day on another matter, and my husband checked this; our request had been honored.

Happy sailing!

We haven't cruised in nearly 15 years - so this board is wonderful!

Reading through this post - I'd like to ask folks what type of requests they ask for - for dining - and what you'd recommend to us. We aren't sure whether to ask for a table with others (cruising as a couple - in our 50's) - or for a table for 2? A table by the windows sounds nice and romantic - but do they even have them on the Liberty? (We sail May '09)

Thanks!

Here's the response I received to the email I sent them about 3 weeks ago for my 24 Jan sailing ...

Good day,

Please be advised that we have received your request for dining and it has been placed on file. Dining is assigned one week prior to sailing. Guests will be seated at that time.

Best Regards,

Andrea Long

Specialty Dining Administrator,Trade Support and Service

Royal Caribbean International

I sent in a request about 2 weeks before our Mariner sailing (just got off on Sunday). I got an email confirmation back that my request had been honored (I asked for a specific table configuration, a specific deck and a specific area) all of my requests were granted and the table was absolutely perfect! Thank you RCI :D

Can you tell me about your table location? Since you specifically requested a certain table and deck it must be a good table location. I'm new to the Mariner and I would like to request a table to for two but would hate to be in the middle of the room.

We haven't cruised in nearly 15 years - so this board is wonderful!

Reading through this post - I'd like to ask folks what type of requests they ask for - for dining - and what you'd recommend to us. We aren't sure whether to ask for a table with others (cruising as a couple - in our 50's) - or for a table for 2? A table by the windows sounds nice and romantic - but do they even have them on the Liberty? (We sail May '09)

Thanks!

These are very individual decisions, and what's right for you might not be right for another couple. If you are traveling with just your spouse and want a romantic table for two, then that's what you could request. If, however, you and your spouse are very outgoing and social people, and you'd like to share your dinners with other folks, you might be happier at a larger table with other couples in your age group. Or anywhere in between. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent, you could request that TA do make the request for you, or you could just do it yourself via email. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Karen

I just want everyone to realize that the requests to RCCL Dining are not always granted. I sent several requests for a table for 3 and received the same type responses that I have seen on this thread. However, when I got to my table I discovered I was seated at a table for 10!!! I had it changed for the following night.....but also when I asked for the change I was told that there were no guarantees....luckily I received a written notification in my cabin that next afternoon granting my request.

Do not send your request in too early, or you will get lost in the shuffle. Yes, they confirm table assignments the week before the sailing, and that's the best timing to make a special request. Before that time you end up with a note in your record, and may not get the follow-up action you want, which is to get the right table assignment when they confirm dining arrangements.

Best to wait and ask in the time period when they are actively working on the dining assignments.

They have tables for 2 all over the dining room, and we had one next to a window on the Serenade in October.

However, if you have late seating the window seat is a moot point, because it's dark outside, and you cannot see anything!

Just to let you all know the response I got:

I emailed them this morning and received a response 1 1/2 hours later saying "Table has been confirmed." (That's it - no table number or anything)

So we'll see when we board if it was indeed done. I hope so :)

Do understand though this "romantic" table for 2 by teh window will be a foot away from another table for 2 or four........The only "private"tables for two that I saw on NOTS(mariner's sister ship) last month were in mid-dining room against a divider no atmosphere. I saw done at the windows.

Hi Robyn. Welcome back. Hope you had a great cruise... :)

Regarding AOS there are no tables for 4 by the window. It seems that tables by the windows start at 6 & up. I always request a table by the window & when they walked us through the dining room to give us another table there was non for less then 6 diners.

We saw that also. Most of the tables for two were not in the most desireable areas IMHO. Some were right next to poles, etc.

Archived