Where is your Royal Caribbean Cruise Director? - Through March 2009

LauraS

People that cruise primarily Carnival would be satisfied with him. You seem to Do mainly Carnival. That's all.

I take it you you know Carnival and people that cruise Carnival. Still don't understand the correlation.

Does anyone know if JohnnyO is staying on the Jewel for a full contract or if he's just doing a fill in for Joff? Will be sailing on the JW in May, have had JohnnyO on the MN but haven't had Joff yet.

Thanks in advance!

We're sailing in May as well, would love to know who the CD is at that time. We've been on Jewel with Karen M in the past and weren't incredibly impressed, hoping we get someone different this time. I had heard she did the Baltic on Jewel last summer.

Has anyone sailed with CD Mike Hunnerup recently? He is scheduled to start on the Explorer on 2/13 to replace Dave Chapman. I have heard great things about Chapman but nothing about Hunnerup. It will be our first time on the Explorer in Feb.

Thanks.

This is just my opinion, but I didn't think much of Mike Hunnerup on our last cruise on the Explorer, and it looks like he'll be there in March.

This is just my opinion, but I didn't think much of Mike Hunnerup on our last cruise on the Explorer, and it looks like he'll be there in March.

I thought Mike was okay. Is he one of the best? Probably not, but he was mildly entertaining and very visible around the ship during my AOS 2007 cruise.

Jen

I thought Mike was okay. Is he one of the best? Probably not, but he was mildly entertaining and very visible around the ship during my AOS 2007 cruise.

Jen

Jen - I think you may be referring to Mike Swajkowski who was the CD on AOS in 2007 :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Have had quite a few different CD's during our 11 cruises with RCI.. here are the ones we liked the most:

Becky (Hello Luv!)

Paul Rutter (To hell with your canoe)

Drew Devine (Man can he bang the drums)

Kirk Detweiler (Great entertainer, lots of energy)

Caryl (Serenade - love the way she says glacier)

Graham Seymour (Love his morning show on TV)

Just my 2 cents

Anyone know anything about Jill Tasker? Looks like she might be on the Radiance in May. We are heading to Alaska and will be onboard for 11 nights so I am hoping to get someone good. As in someone who has experience with Alaska cruises.

BTW - Drew Devine and the disco party on Mariner were my favorite! Just got off NOS and can't say I was too impressed with Paul Ritter. He was ok. Not the best.

Anyone know anything about Jill Tasker? Looks like she might be on the Radiance in May. We are heading to Alaska and will be onboard for 11 nights so I am hoping to get someone good. As in someone who has experience with Alaska cruises.

I had Jill on Grandeur in 2006. I don't know what the location of the ship has to do with if they're good or not. I've been to Alaska twice now with RCI and neither cruise director did anything different than what I experienced in the Caribbean. So for what its worth, Jill is friendly and energetic. Love her accent, there were many things to do on Grandeur when she was CD.

I had Jill on Grandeur in 2006. I don't know what the location of the ship has to do with if they're good or not. I've been to Alaska twice now with RCI and neither cruise director did anything different than what I experienced in the Caribbean. So for what its worth, Jill is friendly and energetic. Love her accent, there were many things to do on Grandeur when she was CD.

Well the first time I went to Hawaii we had all sorts of great Hawaiian themed entertainment and the cruise director really pumped everyone up about the fact that we were going to Hawaii. It was fantastic. The second time the cruise director had never been to Hawaii and we had nothing special. Might as well have been in the Caribbean. It was just wasn't the same. The Hawaiian stuff was a really nice touch.

I also think that the cruise director to Alaska has to be able to organize indoor activities. Not belly flop contests. Of course these are not the only things that make a good cruise director. It is really about their personality, but there are ways they can go the extra mile and make for a really special time.

I look forward to sailing with Jill. It is always refreshing to have a woman cruise director.

Well the first time I went to Hawaii we had all sorts of great Hawaiian themed entertainment and the cruise director really pumped everyone up about the fact that we were going to Hawaii. It was fantastic. The second time the cruise director had never been to Hawaii and we had nothing special. Might as well have been in the Caribbean. It was just wasn't the same. The Hawaiian stuff was a really nice touch.

I also think that the cruise director to Alaska has to be able to organize indoor activities. Not belly flop contests. Of course these are not the only things that make a good cruise director. It is really about their personality, but there are ways they can go the extra mile and make for a really special time.

I look forward to sailing with Jill. It is always refreshing to have a woman cruise director.

Unfortunately, RCI only brings a ranger or naturalist on board to give info over the PA while you're looking at Hubbard Glacier. Nothing like Hawaii which NCL does best for on board cultural stuff. Not RCI and not in Alaska. There'll be the usual stuff Art Auctions, Bingo, Trivia, etc. I'm looking at my Rhapsody Cruise Compass from 5-23-08 and there's nothing cultural. You will get that in port.

We are sailing on Liberty in 2 weeks...and our CD is Jim Andrews. We have never had him, does anyone have any experience with him. We too loved Becky.

Jim is a fabulous CD. He was our CD on Mariner in June, 2005. It was a cruise for SIL's grandparents' 60th anniversary and they were in the Love and Marriage show. Jim got answers out of them that even their kids did not know. He was also CD on Samantha Brown's Travel Channel show on the Freedom.

BTW - Drew Devine and the disco party on Mariner were my favorite! Just got off NOS and can't say I was too impressed with Paul Ritter. He was ok. Not the best.

I got an email from Kirk Detweiler saying he is heading back to the Radiance on April 18. He's been to Alaska many times on the Radiance, and is a very involved, entertaining CD. Wish I could go again!:)

According to the list, we will be getting on the Jewel the same time Johnny Osbourne takes over from Joff Eaton. Not familiar with him. Any opinions?

We were unfamiliar with Johnny O also but had him on a Monarch cruise last Aug. He's pleasant to chat with, but doesn't mix as much as some CD's. He had a concert one evening, that we almost chose to miss, but fortunately attended. He plays a very interesting instrument called the EWI (electronic wind instrument) and was wonderful! It was the best show of the 4 day cruise!

Archived