S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 8279

Deck #: 8

Class: A1

Area: mid/aft port near the elevators

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Unobstructed, at the front of the hump the view mostly to the aft.

Balcony size: XXL! :-) 1st on the hump

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Overall great cabin (for the class). Despite being right near the elevators, noise was never ever an issue. Not once. Smoke on the balcony IS an issue however, so if you are sensitive do NOT book this cabin as it can get smoky on the balcony due to the port side smoking area on Deck 5. Now, that said, I am sensitive to smoke, and didn't find that I could NEVER use it, I just found that I could smell it probably about 50% of the time. Keep that in mind.

Otherwise I had no issues with the cabin, it's small but it's a cruise ship and not a high category room so I don't expect it to be huge lol. The bathroom is small but adequate.

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin no: 2137. Category: S2(sky suite) Deck: 12

Area: aft port side

Bed: near bath (believe this is the case for all s2)

Quiet cabin: most of the time. Occasional noose from Ocean View Cafe but this was never a problem and didn't disturb us. I am a fairly light sleeper and was never woken by noise overhead, but could sometimes hear bumps when awake in the early hours.

Balcony view: unobstructed view but overhang limited sun (we did have some sun on the balcony though depending on position of sun/ship) and sometimes got in the way when taking panoramic photos.

Balcony size: normal for class, c 1.5 times length of regular verandah cabins. Plenty of room for a decent sized table, two recliner chairs and two footstools.

Wind a problem: no

Soot a problem: not at all though there was salt residue on the floor after a day of high seas and wind. I don't think our balcony was cleaned/tidied except on one day when we had a note to say all balcony's were being cleaned.

Problems/comments: other than the foregoing, be aware that there is a bit of a walk from the elevator, though we didn't find this a problem. The suite was bright and felt spacious. Plenty of storage for our 16 night cruise and we don't travel light! We liked it so much we have booked the same cabin for next year! We were nearly put off this category of cabin due to reports of overhead noise, but so glad we took a chance!

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2136

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – n/a, bed is between bathroom and balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – This cabin is right below the Oceanview Cafe and we heard a lot of noise from rolling carts and high heels. This didn't impact our sleep. In fact, the noise was more annoying during the day than at night.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This balcony has a deep overhang, with support beams. The overhang was only an issue once or twice when I wanted a wide angle photo. Otherwise, we loved having the protection of the overhang. We were always able to enjoy the balcony, even in the rain.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Because this is a handicapped suite, the balcony was extra large to accomodate a wheelchair. There is a ramp over the doorjamb onto the balcony. We had two reclining chairs with footrests and a large round wooden table.

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not aft - no problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all. This was a great cabin.

Any other comments? Because this is a handicapped suite, the bathroom has a roll-in shower, no tub. The shower has a pull-down seat, a handheld shower sprayer and a large "rainfall"-type showerhead in the ceiling. The first time in the shower, I turned on the handheld sprayer, which happened to be pointing outward. This resulted in water splashing out of the shower curtain onto the floor. After that, I was careful to turn the handheld AWAY from the shower curtain before turning it on. Usually though, I just used the wonderful rainfall showerhead.

The cabin has three closet sections - two for hanging clothes and one with shelves and the safe. Luggage can be stored comfortably under the bed. Storage capacity is ample for 2 people.

We had a full-size sofa, very comfy.

Edited by YoPhilly

Cabin 1010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin 1010

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. Great - unobstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No and it was very windy a couple of days

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2130

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – n/a, bed is between bathroom and balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – This cabin is below the path of Oceanview Cafe and we were warned about noise from the rolling carts. It was minimal, sounded like distant thunder and occasional, at most. it never impacted our sleep. The perks of a Suite far outweighed this minor inconvenience.

Balcony View - This balcony has a deep overhang, which sometimes impacted photos. Again, it was a double wide balcony, so that was worth it.

Balcony Size? -HUGE! (this is a wheelchair accessible suite)

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None -

Any other comments? This was an outstanding cabin. Huge, well laid out and a joy to live in! The proximity to the gym, pool and Oceanview were things we enjoyed. As noted by YoPhilly, there is no shower door, so there are times when water runs from the shower onto the floor - especially when the ship is moving on less than smooth seas. If I had this issue in my home, I'd be upset..in a stateroom, who cares? :)

Deck - Resort Deck

Cabin # -2146

Class – S1 Corner Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – middle

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin is under Oceanview Cafe and only when the next day was a sea day there would be slight table and chair noise later in the evening but nothing to keep you awake.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Fabulous aft and side view. A huge balcony that wraps around the side. Also. there is a big round porthole window in the cabin.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Very big, biggest on the ship i think.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not at all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Great cabin, especially if offered as an upgrade and you did not have to pay the rate LOL.

Ship - Silhouette

Deck - Deck 9

Cabin # - 9305 Aft

Class – C1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting cabin, quiet in terms of foot & service traffic. No overhead noise. We experienced rough seas, as it was a Transatlantic crossing and as such, there was quite a bit of shake, rattle and roll due to aft location. This sort of thing does not bother us... it's part of the "at sea" experience! You will feel more movement back here too, of course.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great aft view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Medium (see additional comments!)

Was wind a problem? No! In fact, we were able to escape the wind on the aft!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None! Loved it!

Any other comments? Solstice class aft balconies (except for sky suite) come in three sizes: Normal, Medium, Large. ALL are same depth. Some are wider than others. Be advised that, for example, cabin #9305 on the Solstice, is NOT in the same position as 9305 on the Silhouette. The Silhouette is slightly larger than others in its class, so there are more cabins (thus changing the numbering), therefore; the balcony size and bed orientation MAY be different!

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 1401

Deck #: 10

Class: C3

Area: Portside Aft

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Yes. One night when the ship was really rocking I heard what appeared to be someone in the cabin above falling out of bed. Other than that, not a shred of noise from any direction. There was a door to a crew area right across the hall, but I never heard anyone going in or out as long as my door was closed.

Balcony view: Good. On Silhouette, 1401 is the second farthest aft cabin on the port side. It's next door neighbor, 1403, which is the farthest aft cabin, has a larger balcony that obstructs a few degrees of your view to the aft, but nothing really big. No obstructions up or down or forward or out.

Balcony size: Standard

Wind a problem?: Not at all

Soot a problem?: Not at all

Problems/comments: There was some sort of burned/melted spot right in the middle of the carpet that I was guaranteed to step on every time I walked through in bare feet. It's not really visible, but it feels like stepping on gnarled hard plastic, like someone left a Lego on the carpet for you to step on. It's a tiny thing, but it was sort of disappointing since the ship is so new. I let guest relations know, so I would hope they replace that carpet at some point, but if you're sailing any time soon, I'm guessing it will still be there.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 3127

Comments: Stay away from this cabin as well as other odd numbered cabins on this side if you want some sleep. The rooms in this area are directly above Quasar which is turned into a disco place starting at 9pm until very late. I was up till 2:30 AM because of the pounding beats from the disco.

Staff knows about this but too bad the rooms are not soundproofed.

Even numbers on the other side are okay.

Cabin #: 6275

Comments: Some vibrations can be heard especially when they were doing some tests on the thrusters (not sure exactly what that is). The vibrations can get loud but it's not all the time. Can also hear some rolling sounds. Don't know where that is coming from.

Balcony is okay. You can see the life boats below. So in a way, it is partially obstructed.

We switched cabins. Originally, we are in deck 3 directly below Quasar and we complained because we cannot sleep (pounding beats coming from Quasar.) Another couple stayed in this cabin (6275) but moved to another one, presumably because of the vibrating sounds. It is a little better than 3127 but if you have a choice, I would not recommend this cabin (6275) either.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1044

Class – Concierge 2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – A bit of the black deckwashing scaffolding is visable if you look up. This was not a problem for us, especially given the generous size of the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? We had a night of very intense wind (part of a weather system that caused a change in our itinerary), and the bottom part of the deckwashing scaffolding made a clanging sound now and then as pieces of it hit together. It wasn't a problem for us, and under normal weather conditions there was no clanging.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? This is a lovely cabin and we spent lots of time on the balcony. We appreciated the generous size, and it is very private, because it is on the slanted part of the ship. If you are a bit shy about eating breakfast outside in your bathrobe, this is the cabin for you!

Silhouette

Cabin #: 1162

Class: C3

Area: Starboard Aft

Quiet?: Yes.

Balcony view: Good.

Problems/comments: None

Cabin #: 7291

Deck #: 7

Class: 2B

Area: Port Aft

Quiet?: Yes. Except there was a periodic gurgle from the drain in the shower. Could only be heard when in the bathroom.

Balcony view: Good.

Edited by chachabell

Silhouette - 7159

Cabin #: 7159

Deck #: 7

Class: 1A

Area: Port Forward

Bed near: Closet

Quiet?: Yes, very.

Balcony view: Good, lifeboats are two floors below but do not hinder your view when looking out and down.

Balcony size: Triple-size!

Wind a problem?: Not at all, sheltered by glass shield.

Problems/comments: No problems, would recommend this stateroom, great value for the money.

Cabin #: 1201

Class: C2

Area: Port Side midship

Quiet?: Quiet, no connecting.

Balcony view: Great view.

Balcony size: Normal size

Wind a problem?: No.

Soot a problem?:

Problems/comments: I would book it again.

Cabin #: 1034

Deck #: Sky

Class: Concierge

Area: Starboard forward. Very convenient for lifts.

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Yes. Although close to lifts this had no impact on noise levels.

Balcony view: Excellent

Wind a problem?: No.

Soot a problem?: No.

Silhouette

Cabin #: 1541

Deck #: 11

Class: AQ

Area: Port forward

Quiet?: No. Right under Aqua Spa Cafe kitchen; loud during the night as they cleaned up and got ready for the next day.

Balcony view: Good

Problems/comments: Right near forward elevator

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 9207

Deck #: 9

Class: 1A

Area: Port side and center of the ship

Bed near: Bath (non-connecting room)

Quiet?: Yes.

Balcony view: Great! We had the first forward angle cabin facing the bridge. Views down below to the last lifeboat in line at this part of the ship. I don't consider a view of the lifeboats as an obstruction.

Balcony size: Larger than the standard balconies, but smaller than the other angle balconies. Plenty of room to enjoy reading, having a glass of wine, or looking at the sky and ocean. We were 5 cabins in a row where we had the partitions opened up the entire cruise. We enjoyed being able to walk to our friends cabin, have drinks together. It was a nice open feel.

Wind a problem?: Yes; however, we had high winds for 2 days on our cruise. Our itinerary was changed due to the weather. Otherwise, no problems.

Soot a problem?: Not at all.

Problems/comments: This cabin is a few doors from the card room. Quiet. Never heard any noise from the card room and the glass door is extremely quiet when opening/closing. We did hear a few mornings (around 7am?) some sort of mechanical noise. Maybe there's a generator close by? Not sure but it lasted probably 10 seconds. Certainly nothing that woke us up or was bothersome. Again, just a few times. I would definitely book this cabin again, as it was center of the ship, close to the aft elevators and stairs. From that point it's just a few decks up to the ocean view cafe or a few decks down to the dining room and martini bar. :)

Monica Pileggi

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1606

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard, mid-ship

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not the quietest. You could occasionally hear noise from the deck above and doors slamming in the hallway. But really no louder than your average hotel.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Couldn't really look to the right as we were on the front of the hump, but otherwise no problems

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized!

Was wind a problem? Only when it was extremely windy out, otherwise it was pretty protected

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? The location was great. It was right off of the glass elevators and it was easy to get around the ship.

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 8279

Deck #: 8

Class: A1

Area: mid/aft port near the elevators

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Unobstructed, at the front of the hump the view mostly to the aft.

Balcony size: XXL! :-) 1st on the hump

Problems/comments: Overall great cabin (for the class). Despite being right near the elevators, noise was never ever an issue. Not once. Smoke on the balcony IS an issue however, so if you are sensitive do NOT book this cabin as it can get smoky on the balcony due to the port side smoking area on Deck 5. Now, that said, I am sensitive to smoke, and didn't find that I could NEVER use it, I just found that I could smell it probably about 50% of the time. Keep that in mind.

Otherwise I had no issues with the cabin, it's small but it's a cruise ship and not a high category room so I don't expect it to be huge lol. The bathroom is small but adequate.

I also wanted to add that the bed is such that you are sleeping with your head facing the front of the ship and feet toward the AFT. Seems this is important to some, so I figured I'd throw it in there. The bed is on the right side wall when you walk into the cabin. :-)