S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Here are the latest updates to the S-Class Cabin spreadsheet, divided into two parts due to size of the files.

Please don't forget to include SHIP NAME in your cabin review.

Please use the form below to post your review. (Do not use the original form created by Mysticks as the spreadsheet has been modified along the way as additional S Class ships were added.)

I hope we will soon have Silhouette cabin reports to add to the spreadsheet!

Please email me if you would like the Excel version. As always let me know if you find any errors, typographical or otherwise.

Thank you!!! :)

Cabin #: 1612 Eclipse

Deck: 11

Class: Royal Suite

Area: Starboard

Bed Near: Balcony ( separate room)

Quiet: Yes, except for noise from pool deck above, especially scraping of chairs and carts in early morning and music late at night

Balcony View: No obstruction.

Balcony Size: Larger than normal in length; whirlpool tub occupies 30% or more

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a Problem: No

Problems/Comments: Very nice setup of interior; large bathroom with separate shower. Balcony was rather odd configuration. Whirlpool tub on balcony located in front of bedroom doors to balcony, which did not open! Therefore, using tub required going in and out through living room doors. Also, neighbors on adjacent balconies could see onto our balcony.

I would suggest trying to bet RS on deck 10 to avoid noise.

We were very convenient to elevators. Cleaning cart was in corridor next to our room continuously.

Anyone have more info on the AFT rooms on Solstice? I booked 8351 and 8349. One person said soot was a problem and one said it wasn't. Wondering if there are more comments on whether we should stay with AFT we have connecting rooms and really like that? Thanks for the great thread.

For the two recent posters asking questions about cabins......

Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Please go to the Celebrity forum and ask your question, not here. Thanks in advance.

Den

Deck - Vista

Cabin - 8230 Eclipse

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near (balcony or bath) - bath

Quiet Cabin (with comments on problems) - Quiet cabin. Very near doors to lifts but they completely obscure the noise from the atrium.

Balcony View - Unobstructed

Balcony Size - Triple size

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin - None

Other comments - Fantastic location near lifts, central position so good for limiting any motion and large balcony which provides both sun and shade.

Deck - 12

Cabin - 2109 Eclipse

Bed near (balcony or bath) - bath

Quiet Cabin (with comments on problems) - Quiet cabin. One flight up to Terrace Cafe, a few steps from elevators, convenient to pool and spa

Balcony View - Unobstructed on the hump

Balcony Size - Triple size

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin - None

Other comments - Great location. I would book again in a heartbeat.

Deck - 6 Equinox

Cabin # - 6252

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Very Quiet, no noise from Public areas below, some vibration when arriving at Port early mornings

Balcony View - Despite lifeboats at this level, they do not obstruct view out to see when on balcony or lying on the bed watching the world go by, no issue....

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem ? No Issue

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem ? No Issue

Any specific problems with this cabin ? Fantastic Value for Money

Any other comments ? No noise and no issues with neighbours, close enough to aft lifts and access around the Ship in minutes.

Deck - SUNRISE DECK

Cabin # - 7364

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - Centre Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet only the noise of the sea

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions clear view of wake of ship excellent view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than most balconys on aft

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Yes we had a sight soot and ash problem but room boy kept balcony washed down so no great issue

Any specific problems with this cabin? Yes strange noise like an alarm woke us up each morning around 3 am, it is a pump mounted just ouside the main cabin that activates at 3 am

Any other comments with regards the above problem they did re-program the pump to activate at 8 am for me so was no longer a problem

all in all an excellent room

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 1004

Deck #:10

Class: CC

Area: Starboard,Foward

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Foward view blocked a little by the bridge extension

Balcony size: Normal

Wind a problem?:No

Soot a problem?:N/A

Problems/comments: Long walk to the elevators

Edited by travellink

Good day,

Just thought I would provide a correction to the stateroom class for 1247. For all Solstice class ships this is a C2 and NOT a C1. (Perhaps it changed.)

Thanks for all your hard work putting these pages together. They are very much appreciated.

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 6293

Deck #: 6

Class: C2

Area: Port

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Good view. Cannot see down into water because of the roof of Blu Restaurant.

Balcony Size: The balcony is larger than the balconies above it. It was lovely to have the extra space on our balcony.

Wind a problem?:No

Soot a problem?:No

Problems/comments: We would book this stateroom again, at the right price. It is quite a long walk from the lifts. We spent a lot of time on the balcony this cruise and enjoyed having more space.

Ship SOLSTICE

Cabin 1549

Deck Penthouse, deck 11

Side Port

Bed near Balcony

Cabin Noise from deck above, also could hear neighbors talking

View obstructed by fixed window washer, covered balcony

Wind not a problem

Soot not a problem

Location quick access to elevator & stairs

Just returned from the western Mediterranean cruise September 2010. Our cabin was excellent.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

View - large window near waterline. You get a good feel for just how fast this ship moves!

Balcony size - no balcony, which saved me $800. Didn't bother me a bit, as I can sit out on the deck anywhere on the ship. It might have been nice to get an ocean breeze, but is that worth $800?

Was wind a problem? Nope.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Nope.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None. It was vey quiet. I liked being on the lowest deck, near guest services, dining room, elevator. Arriving back from shore you just walk up one deck and you're home.

Any other comments?

While I was on the Equinox and not the Solstice, I am posting this here as it seems to be providing information useful to all Solstice Class ships and not just the Solstice.

Ship: Equinox

Deck: Deck 11

Cabin #: 1559

Cabin Class: Aqua Class

Side of ship: port side

Bed near: bed near bathroom

Quiet cabin?: yes, cabin was quiet, no noise disturbances noticed, only noise that was heard was when on the balcony during the day and even then it was definitely not excessive noise

Balcony view: no obstructions, although with the location between the two "humps" could not see the bow or stern of the ship, but even it wasn't it felt close enough to a full 180-degree view to have no complaints.

Balcony size: normal

Wind: no wind issues, the balcony felt very sheltered from the wind, on one sea day the wind made the ship's pool deck (and other outside areas) unenjoyable but this balcony was perfectly calm and lovely

Aft soot: n/a (not an aft cabin)

Problems with cabin: none (other than limited clothes storage options, but that is not specific to this cabin)

Other comments: Would prefer a cabin closer to the main bank of elevators (and preferably on the hump for a larger balcony), but the walk to either bank of elevators was not an issue. Shower in aqua class cabin was fantastic. Comfort of balcony chairs (with foot stools) and lack of wind on balcony were fantastic. Balcony was shaded (which I liked).

Just returned from the western Mediterranean cruise September 2010. Our cabin was excellent.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

View - large window near waterline. You get a good feel for just how fast this ship moves!

Balcony size - no balcony, which saved me $800. Didn't bother me a bit, as I can sit out on the deck anywhere on the ship. It might have been nice to get an ocean breeze, but is that worth $800?

Was wind a problem? Nope.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Nope.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None. It was vey quiet. I liked being on the lowest deck, near guest services, dining room, elevator. Arriving back from shore you just walk up one deck and you're home.

Any other comments?

Please complete cabin #, ship, etc.

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # 7307-

Class – S1

Starboard or Port Side -Port Side Aft

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – Balcony.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Fabulous - view of the wake and of the port side. The sail out from Venice was unforgettable!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than the S2, plenty of room for 3 loungers and large table.

Was wind a problem? No. The balcony was very sheltered.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? There was a little soot but did not cause a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Tiny black flies that were on the balcony and were a nuisance particularly when the ship was in motion. We reported this to staff but even after 'spraying' they re-appeared.

Any other comments? Apart from the above comment, we loved this cabin. Very quiet, spacious and we spent a great deal of time there.

Storage space for 3 people was a little tight.This cabin had 2 poles, one near the bed and the other near the bathroom - neither caused us any problems.

It's a way to the elevators but you do get used to it. The peace and quiet more than made up for this.

We would definately book this cabin again.

Edited by 0493669935
Missed details

Is there a summary (spreadsheet) with all this info somewhere? If so, how often is it updated?

Sorry, but I do not have the time and energy to read thru 70 pages of posts. :o

Connie

Hi Connie, here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=201375&d=1311526815

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=201376&d=1311526815