S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1150

Class – C3

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, very quiet. Cabins above and below. Interior Cabins across the hall.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View unobstructed. Looking forward can see bump out. Clear view looking towards aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? This was a great cabin in a good location. Close enough to mid bank of elevators/stairs which made it very convenient to move about the ship. Interior cabins were directly across the hallway, no steward storage areas in the vicinity so we never heard them getting their carts out in the morning. We found drawer storage to be minimal and the storage above the bed was inconvenient as I had to stand on the bed to get things out it. We didn't like the sliding closet doors as we found them hard to slide open & awkward and then felt the couch was in the way to get the back side of the closet open and get clothes out. We found the leather couch to be uncomforable for sitting on to watch television.

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7101

Class – Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - N/A. Foward (Rooms at very front of ship)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – N/A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet for the most part except when heard chains of anchors when leaving ports.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

Any other comments? My parents had this cabin. It's a unique cabin. They liked the view from the front of the ship as it faces forward, so you would basically have the same view as the bridge. It was a far walk to the elevators as you are as far forward as you can go. Front window area slants forward and has drapes that can be pulled shut. There are two chairs and a table that are put right in front of the window area nook, but my parents pushed them into the window nook area to have even more room and used the space as a sitting area. The view is unobstructed looking forward, but you do see the heliopad and if you look down can see the crew hot tub and crew bar. My parents never heard any noise from the crew area. They layout of the room is the same as a normal cabin along the sides of the ship, except turned 90 degrees. The bed is near the bathroom. I found the room to be surprisingly big.

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9268

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Basically quiet, it did creak a bit as we had 50+mph winds blowing directly into the balcony

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was great as it is a hump cabin - great pics looking forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly larger as it was on the hump

Was wind a problem? We had strong winds that blew almost directly into the balcony but that was unusual normally wasn't a problem

Any other comments? None

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9298

Class – Concierge (C2)

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great view, both forward and aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly oversized, due to being on hump

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Would definitely rebook this same cabin again on this ship

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1650

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin;staterooms above and below

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? great cabin, quiet, off the beaten path; it's aft so if walking is a problem for you you may want to be closer to the elevators--it wasn't a problem for us

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1606 - Solstice

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No problems with noise. Unlike 1606 on Eclipse it doesn't have a big air handler above the veranda so you also don't have the "white" noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? Not on our cruise.

Any other comments?

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6195 - Solstice

Class – 2D

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin – yes

Balcony View - tender boat fully outside balcony up to knee level appr. Not an issue for me, could see right across it but not down. First night we had the Allure right across from us very late at night so I got some very nice picutres. 6197 has a view in between the boats as does I think 6191.

Balcony Size? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? Had a few problems with lock trying to get in and then totally got locked inside. We called down and they had to replace the whole lock as it was damaged inside. Humorous story to tell.

Any other comments? Mid ship, close to ILounge and elevators. Easy to walk down one or two floors to restaurant or theatre. I would book this cabin again.

Edited by Sherrie74

Ship - Eclipse

Deck - Penthouse Deck, 11

Cabin # - 1511

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – not a connecting cabin. Very quiet. Persian Gardens are above, so no noise or moving furniture. About halfway up hall from forward elevators, so very little hall traffic. Close/convenient to Relaxation Lounge, which is nice for quiet, and great views, especially for entering/leaving ports. You can also slip down to the spa in your robe by way of the interior Spa staircase, rather than going public by the regular stairs/elevator.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – One of the few cabins in AQ that do not have the big overhang from the Resort deck above (pool, spa, spa cafe, gym, etc). You can see straight down as well, no lifeboats below obstructing that view. The bridge is just a few cabins (5) away, one deck below, so it's fun to watch the action. The bridge wing does not block your forward horizon view, as it is one level below your sightline.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size, but includes adjustable chairs, footstools, and 'wooden' table large enough for breakfast. So nice that the chairs are mesh, not the plastic ones that stick to you.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? No. Terrific cabin steward (as of March 2011) Johnny and his assistant Jimmy: unobtrusive, quiet, yet pleasant and very accommodating.

Any other comments? As sunlovers, we like this front stretch of the 11th deck because of no overhang. No feeling of being overwhelmed by the weight of the double overhang, or not enough light in the cabin. Also good for star-gazing.

Deck - 11 Penthouse

Cabin # - 1518

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Mostly, but you could hear people on treadmills from the fitness center. It did not bother my wife & I only noticed it when I first woke up. It did not distrub me and we did not consider it a problem.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Perfect.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Spiral staircase leading to spa area directly across hall -- very convenient when going to the fitness center or the Relaxation Room. The sign for the Spa entrance could be used as landmark to find your room.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1548

Class – Aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? wear and tear, fridge doesn't close properly, some tape to hold bottom drawer..

Any other comments? Near Elevators perfect

Look where? I've been looking for the entire spreadsheet and have been unable to find it.

Thanks,

Judy

I'm not sure if you have found it yet, but here is a link to the post with the spreadsheet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27978301&postcount=1200

Any time someone points to a page in a thread, it never jives with mine. I don't know but why mine is always way off on the page count. Post 1200 was on page 30 for me, not 60 as mentopie suggested.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by cruzyduzy

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1036

Class – Concierge

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Very quiet cabin.

Balcony View - Had an unobstructed view in about all directions. This balcony was in the area that "juts" out just forward of the forward stair case. 1036 is the fourth balcony forward in that area.

Was wind a problem? Not that we noticed. There were wind speeds of nearly 50mph on this cruise. So, wind was kind of an issue everywhere. However, even with the excessive wind, the balcony seemed calm.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? We liked the general location of the room. Very conveniently located to the forward stair case and elevator. It was a little far from the Main Dining Room, but the exercise was great. All in all, I would highly recommend this room.

I'm not sure if you have found it yet, but here is a link to the post with the spreadsheet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27978301&postcount=1200

Any time someone points to a page in a thread, it never jives with mine. I don't know but why mine is always way off on the page count. Post 1200 was on page 30 for me, not 60 as mentopie suggested.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks to both of you for the help. My page count differs as well, but the post number works.

What a great resource.

Judy

It all depends on your settings in your User Control Panel. You set how many posts you want to display per page. More posts per page = fewer pages to scroll through. I was on Cruise Critic for a long time before I discovered this. It would probably be less confusing if people referred to the posting # rather than a page #.

Deck -

Cabin # - 1543

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – we found it very noisy, under serving area of Aquaspa cafe, could hear 'cafe' style swinging gates and door to kitchen area closing. Could also hear service carts trundling along above. Not a connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal I believe.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noise (see above) ending after midnight and starting up again before 0500

Any other comments? Enjoyed Aqua Class amenities and Blu very much and would do Aqua again but would NEVER book/accept this cabin.

floor 12

Concierge 2

port side

bed near balcony

Super quiet even w/ the Horizon Court level above us. My friend and I are both light sleepers and we were never kept awake by any noise.

I didn't particularly ask for this room but I love the location. Mere steps to the pool, right by the elevator/stairs and directly below the entrance to the Horizon Court. I'd book it again.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9298

Class – 2C Concierge

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, quiet cabin. Not sure if connecting or not.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Gorgeous view. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly bigger, due to the hump

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9298

Class – 2C Concierge

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, quiet cabin. Not sure if connecting or not.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Gorgeous view. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly bigger, due to the hump

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

I wanted to note under other comments that my CHI flat iron did not work in the outlets by the vanity (will not plug in the outlet in the bathroom). It works fine at home. Guest services stated that they have had passengers comment about the same issue during previous cruises.

Deck 11

Stateroom 1623

Class - AQ

Location - Port side

Bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin - very

Balcony view -= unobstructed

Balcony size - normal for class

Wind - not a problem

No other problems

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1630

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet cabin, no problems. Not a connecting cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Normal view. Personally I like the overhang on this deck as it provides shade.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No problem with soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems with the cabin.

Any other comments? None