S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1608 Solstice

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – We occasionally heard neighbors on the balcony when we were out there. There was a crew station/closet right outside the door, and we could hear them occasionally. Quiet at night, no sound from the pool deck.

Balcony View - Great view. We could see out, down, and forward. On the forward-facing slant of the hump, so aft view was somewhat blocked.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. Not the largest hump cabin, but nice and roomy.

Was wind a problem? -- Only because it was windy leaving Ft. Lauderdale.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -- The left sliding closet door stuck.

Any other comments? It was a little difficult getting into the right side of the closet because there was very little room between the end of the sofa and the closet. It was a little difficult getting into the left side of the closet because that door stuck. Could have used a little more drawer storage in the cabin, but managed OK with the cupboards above the bed. Would book this cabin again without hesitation if the price were right!

Edited by Jazzbo

Ship: Solstice

Cabin: 6297- 2C aft

Deck: 6

Area: Port

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet? Yes, very quiet- unless the next door guests had their TV on too loud. Could clearly hear all balcony conversations on both sides of the room if neighbors were outside.

Balcony View: Obstructed view below by the tarred roof of the specialty restaurants that extended out by about another 10 feet from our balcony. That area had three rows of rope on the edge for fencing that was visible as you looked outward through our balcony clear fencing. Distance views straight outward were unobstructed. Workmen were out on the roof every day the ship was in port- walking past your room with hoses and tools.

Balcony Size: A little larger by a few feet in length as it jutted out further than the balcony above.

Wind?: None

Soot?: None

Comments: This was the cabin assigned to us with a GTY reservation. Considering we paid only $630 each as the base price from a big cabin sale online we had few complaints. Any higher price and it would have been worth it to pay more for a better non obstructed view. We rarely used the balcony because of the rope barrier obstruction and workmen presence.

Ship - Equinox

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1531

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet as to deck above and below, considerate neighbors as well, near the gym and spa, and aqua spa cafe one deck up for early coffee and light fare

Balcony View - perfect in all directions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Never

Any specific problems with this cabin? None really, a little more room would be nice but not really a factor in comfort

Any other comments? Very comfortable bed, bath very well appointed, unique shower, would want this cabin again, best room attendants we've ever had, Phillipe and Corazon, their station was near by, kept us in ice and anything we asked for.

We were on the Solstice in Aqua Class room 1539 and it was awful. The bed was next to the closet so couldn't get in to the closet very well, above was noisy-clanging pots etc. After a fitfull night we went to book another cruise and the gal told us to go down to the desk and ask for the manager. I did and told him how silverware was dropped at 4:30 am, noisy above and how very disappointed I was in the room. He checked-we were under the Aqua class breakfast kitchen. The room steward told us everyone claims it's noisy. They moved us and I was very happy to opposite side way back. Then quiet.

I am posting this again to make it easier to submit your info. (The form on p.1 has been modified along the way).

Feel free to add photos or links to photos in your posting also.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1549

DECK #:11

CLASS: AQ

AREA: ?

BED NEAR: Verandah

QUIET?:Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Fine except for window washing equipment, which did not bother us.

BALCONY SIZE: LargeWIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Proximity to Solarium, Aqua Spa Cafe, Persian Gardens and Happy hour area very nice.

Edited by jackdiamond

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1586

DECK #: 11

AREA: Starboard Side Midships

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Not really. Early Morning noises from the Pool deck above. Banging noises from an unlocated source for a couple of hours one night when trying to go to sleep, required a call to get it checked out. But every ship I've ever been on has had noises.

BALCONY VIEW: Good view. Support Beam for pool deck on right side seemed to disappear when not thinking about it.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: I had no problems with the closet being next to the bed, nor was the overhead storage too high, and I'm 5'6". Room location was ideal, half way between both elevator banks.

Deck - 11 Penthouse

Cabin # - 1567

Class – AQ

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – A little noise from the pool above in the AM but not too bad.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Service door directly acroos from room but no noise problem. Bed can be seperated to 2 twins if desired.

Concierge C3 Stateroom. Standard sized room with the typical Concierge amenities. Bed was near the closet - we (3 of us) didn't think it crowded the closet - still had easy access. Our adult DD slept on the sofa (a twin mattress pulls out from underneath and rests on the sofa).

What I liked best was the cabin's location, just off the forward elevators but still almost mid-ship. The elevators are far enough from the door that we never heard any noise from that area.

Positives: nicely laid out; bed near the closet, still easy access to the closet.

Possible Negative: its underneath the stores - we heard nothing during day & evening hours, but overnight you could hear movement (I'm assuming crew passageways with movement of carts). I slept there several nights (we took turns, having 2 cabins, watching our DGD in this one); it didn't bother me but it might bother a light sleeper.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1120

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Starboard Side Midship

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Huge, at least twice as large as normal & on an angle facing aft

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: I thought it was a little crowded between the couch & closet, making it difficult to get to our hanging clothes. Loved the balcony! Great cabin, location is convenient to everything. We actually booked it again for our next cruise!

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 7364

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Sunset Veranda

AREA: Center Aft

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Neighboring cabin had bed near closet, which we thought was better than near balcony, but as week went on decided we liked ours better - more room when getting ready. Long walk to elevator, so don't book if that's a problem. Had noisy neighbors, but since they was our friends not really a problem at all!

Solstice 1516

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1516

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet, other than wind noise while at sea and occasional neighbor's TV.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view forward and aft; can see the bridge and watch them steer the ship into port. No huge overhang.

Was wind a problem? Just a little wind noise while at sea.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great location, not too far from elevators and near secret staircase up to AquaSpa. Convenient to go to Persian Gardens to relax or AquaSpa Cafe for breakfast/lunch. Did not mind the distance to Blu or specialty restaurants for dinner. Would book again!

Deck - Sky - 10

Cabin # - 1074

Class – Concierge

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Quiet cabin, not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Standard balcony size & view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

Deck - 8th deck

Cabin # - 8258

Class – 1A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent balcony, cannot see straight to water due to lifeboats. Hump balcony, rear facing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized, on the hump.

Was wind a problem? Not a problem, actually because rear facing probably protected from most wind in our experience.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nothing

Any other comments? Excellent cabin. Not sure I believe pp that it was one of biggest of the hump balconies. It was assingned to us as a guarantee, and when I looked it up it said it was one of the larger of the hump balconies, but I think 8256 was definitely bigger. Not a problem, more than large enough for the 2 of us.

Edited by terp4life

Positives: nicely laid out; bed near the closet, still easy access to the closet.

Possible Negative: its underneath the stores - we heard nothing during day & evening hours, but overnight you could hear movement (I'm assuming crew passageways with movement of carts). I slept there several nights (we took turns, having 2 cabins, watching our DGD in this one); it didn't bother me but it might bother a light sleeper.

Please post using the format of the spreadsheet. Otherwise your information will not be included in future updates to this spreadsheet.

Here is the link to the form:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27425937&postcount=1140

Edited by librarylady19

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 1570

Deck #: 11

Class: Aqua

Area: Midship, starboard side

Bed near: Bath

Quiet: No noise from pool deck above except one day when someone cranked the band's amp up by mistake for a few seconds. We did notice that there was a significant amount of noise from the crashing bow wake below. This was much louder than on any previous cruise we have taken. We both liked it, but if you want peace and quiet go further aft.

Balcony View: There was a support pole for the overhang above that partially blocked the view. It was located about a fourth of the way from the aft edge of the balcony.

Balcony size: Normal

Wind a problem: No

Soot a problem: No

Problems/Comments: The carts used by the cabin attendants were parked directly outside the cabin door most of the day.

CABIN #: 1604

AREA: Starboard

QUIET?:Only noise we noticed was around 7 one morning it sounded like the pool deck above was being hosed off.

BALCONY VIEW: Good view forward. Large overhang immediately above.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized. Not as large as 1606 next door.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We loved the location, close to stairs and elevators.

Deck -9

Cabin # - 9368

Class –Inside

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Very large inside cabin. Plenty of room for suitcases and lots of storage. Bathroom was good sized. This room was right at the end of the hall on a corner. We had people on 2 sides and it was very quiet.

I looked up the thread re the cabin number, but no info for this cabin. i think there was info for 1580, should i assume the same for this cabin?

#1577, was noisy. am i on the opposite side of the ship, since I am in a even cabin versus an odd cabin?

also does anyone know if the bed is closer to the balcony or bathroom? do people prefer one over the other or is it pretty even as to preference?

this is OT but are all hop on hop off buses in a city the same company? when I google it, there are different sites, is one company better than another? should i buy the ticket ahead or there? if it is only 10% less ahead of time I will buy the ticket there, less chance of losing it.

i don't know how to ask a new question, only how to reply. can someone help me?

thanks,

I looked up the thread re the cabin number, but no info for this cabin. i think there was info for 1580, should i assume the same for this cabin?

#1577, was noisy. am i on the opposite side of the ship, since I am in a even cabin versus an odd cabin?

also does anyone know if the bed is closer to the balcony or bathroom? do people prefer one over the other or is it pretty even as to preference?

this is OT but are all hop on hop off buses in a city the same company? when I google it, there are different sites, is one company better than another? should i buy the ticket ahead or there? if it is only 10% less ahead of time I will buy the ticket there, less chance of losing it.

i don't know how to ask a new question, only how to reply. can someone help me?

thanks,

This thread is really only for reports of cabin experiences on Solstice class ships.

To start a new topic, or ask a new question: Go to the original page of Celebrity Cruises threads (or go to the Ports of Call area about the hop-on, hop-off buses). Close to the top -- above all the topics, you will see a blue button "New Thread". Describe your topic briefly in the title (so that CCers notice it), and then in the Message area state your question. Hope this helps.:)

Edited by TenerifeSharon

Deck - vista deck 8

Cabin # - 8139

Class – cat 1C

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet

Balcony View - good view, no obstructions, ahead of lifeboats.

Balcony Size? Normal -

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? foward cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? first day didn't realize there was storage space above the bed. Suite is above outdoor smoking area on deck 5. Maybe an issue if you're very sensitive to smoke.

CABIN #: 1642

AREA: Between aft elevators and back

BED NEAR: closet

QUIET?: pretty much

BALCONY VIEW: straight out, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Was suprised but lack of storage in cabin, even using cabinets over the bed we found it very limited! Closet was very tight to get into with bed right beside it. Surprised there wasn't any storage inside the sofa? Although lighting at dressing table was good for doing makeup, missed back side mirrors for doing hair. Easy access to buffet but other end of the ship from Spa. No real noise from above.

Great idea. We have one of those lifeboat obstructed balconies (#6189) on our 2/8/09 cruise so will post info on that when we return.

Hi

How was your view on the cruise . We have 6190 on April 1st 2011

Edited by geordielass