Drinks of the Day. Does the noon rule apply?

mistyinca

Is it okay to have your drink of the day before noon?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay to have your drink of the day before noon?

Please let me be the first to quote: "It's five o'clock somewhere". And if that DOD is a "Kiss on the Lips" I'll be lined up at 6am !!!

First Cruie 2/8 so be "gentle" lol :p What is the deal with the DOD, I am assuming special price?! What does a kiss on the lips taste like? My wife doesn't like anything that she can taste the alcohol?

Thanks

I'm glad to see that I will not be alone sipping my drink! My husband doesn't drink, so when I partake, I expect to get "the eye". I'll just tell him that according to a recent poll, over 95% of cruisers feel that it is expected on a cruise! :p

Vacation rules trump all other rules.

And on vacation...there are no time restraints.

:cool::D

Exactly...nothing wrong with a little Jamaican coffee to start the day.

I struggled with this on my June 2007 cruise.....we were drinking at 8:00am on our catamaran excursion in Cozumel. I told my mom, I can't believe we are drinking this early and of course as some have said "it is 5:00 somewhere, we are on vacation". Believe me, I never do that at home! :eek:

It's too bad they don't make my favorite breakfast drink - a Ramos Fizz. They can't because the recipe calls for a raw egg. It also includes gin, orange juice, milk, sugar and a splash of soda. The perfect breakfast in a glass - it contains all the necessary food groups: protein, dairy, fruit and gin.

A bloody mary, a mimosa or any blended fruity drink are all acceptable second choices.

LOL....you should know...summers at the Jersey shore with your friends....they were called "shore rules"...wake up eat cold pizza, drink a beer and head to the beach. :p:cool:

LOL... we went to Wildwood every freaking 4th iof July week with all my in-laws. (I went up until I moved out of PA). We'd all get there around the same time and the FIRST thing to get unpacked was THE BLENDER. :D

My BIL makes a kick-butt daquiri and that was his job for the week...hey, you're getting your fruit for breakfast that way! :D

We'd usually buy out all the frozen strawberries at the Sam's Club. :eek:

When we were down there with friends, we usually slept past noon, so there were no 'rules' to worry about.

LOL... we went to Wildwood every freaking 4th iof July week with all my in-laws. (I went up until I moved out of PA). We'd all get there around the same time and the FIRST thing to get unpacked was THE BLENDER. :D

My BIL makes a kick-butt daquiri and that was his job for the week...hey, you're getting your fruit for breakfast that way! :D

We'd usually buy out all the frozen strawberries at the Sam's Club. :eek:

When we were down there with friends, we usually slept past noon, so there were no 'rules' to worry about.

LOL.....then off to the Shamrock for a bucket of Rolling Rocks. :p:rolleyes:

I can't comment on the response on other boards, but I would be surprised if it were much different on most of them.

NCL has their breakfast club which includes specials on Bloody Marys, Mimosas, and something else until like 10AM. There was a set up in at least some of the dining venues as well. So definitely start early there.

On our last Celebrity cruise they had a Bloody Mary station in buffet area, so yes, even they start early.

If we don't drink before noon, all those Bloody Marys and Mimosas will feel unwanted and go wasted. Hmm "wasted" that's an appropriate word when discussing drinking before noon.

Archived