Drinks of the Day. Does the noon rule apply?

mistyinca

Is it okay to have your drink of the day before noon?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay to have your drink of the day before noon?

It's vacation, screw the noon rule :p

That said, I'm not one to drink like I would at night in the disco or anything like that. However, I might have a mimosa with breakfast and maybe one or two if I'm in port. If I'm in Key West and there's a margarita special to be had, I don't care what time it is.

Case in point: My last Carnival cruise, we were wandering around Key West and found a "lunch special" on Margaritas, buy one get one free. My three friends and I indulged, even though it was only about 10:30 a.m. We learned two things that morning: my cabinmate doesn't like margaritas and will pass them onto me, and you do not souvenir shop after two margaritas. :p

It's vacation, screw the noon rule :p

That said, I'm not one to drink like I would at night in the disco or anything like that. However, I might have a mimosa with breakfast and maybe one or two if I'm in port. If I'm in Key West and there's a margarita special to be had, I don't care what time it is.

Case in point: My last Carnival cruise, we were wandering around Key West and found a "lunch special" on Margaritas, buy one get one free. My three friends and I indulged, even though it was only about 10:30 a.m. We learned two things that morning: my cabinmate doesn't like margaritas and will pass them onto me, and you do not souvenir shop after two margaritas. :p

In Key West at the Schooners Wharf they have the breakfast club.....

Eye Openers – Happy Hour from 7 a.m. till noon

Doctor Bob’s Bloody Mary $5.00 / Mimosa $6.50 / Mango Mimosa $7.00

Domestic Beer $2.00 / Import Beer $3.25 / House Wine $4.00 / Premium Wine $5.75

Well Drinks & Schnapps... $3.00 / Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice ... $4.00

Fresh Brewed Baby’s Coffee Regular or Decaf… $2.00 (or have it with a little somethin’)

Green Tea…$1.50 / Green Tea & Fresh Mint…$1.75 / Ice Tea …$1.50 Juice… $2.25

We Also Offer A Full Service Bar and A Special Tasty Tropical Drink Selection!

What noon rule? When you are on Carribean time there ARE no rules.

Now I bet that is the same for Mexican time when I do my MR cruise next month.

No where in the world do I put Baileys in my coffee at 8am except on a cruise. There I do what I want when I want to. Except of course if it interfers with others enjoyment or rights.

Cheers, <tips her DOD to fellow CCers>

Carole

LOL.....then off to the Shamrock for a bucket of Rolling Rocks. :p:rolleyes:

:D Memories :D Back in the day I enjoyed The Penalty Box..especially if you went off season. Back then, the season ended after Labor Day (now, it goes through Thanksgiving, I think LOL!!) We'd go down there for a long weekend, go the the PB and drinks were .50 LOL.

:D Memories :D Back in the day I enjoyed The Penalty Box..especially if you went off season. Back then, the season ended after Labor Day (now, it goes through Thanksgiving, I think LOL!!) We'd go down there for a long weekend, go the the PB and drinks were .50 LOL.

OMG...I have not heard of that place in a looooooooooooooooong time...LOL

You never Ventured to the Matinique? The Manor Bar? Harry the Hat's? Moores Inlet?

LMAO

:p

OMG...I have not heard of that place in a looooooooooooooooong time...LOL

You never Ventured to the Matinique? The Manor Bar? Harry the Hat's? Moores Inlet?

LMAO

:p

My clubbing/drinking years were short in number. Between the time I was actually legal and the time I had my first baby was only 2 years...hence the family vacations with the packed blender. :)

It's my goal to make up for all thos lost years now. :D

My clubbing/drinking years were short in number. Between the time I was actually legal and the time I had my first baby was only 2 years...hence the family vacations with the packed blender. :)

It's my goal to make up for all thos lost years now. :D

Legal? at the jersey shore?

I celebrated my 21st birthday in the bar I frequented for 3 years...LMAO

:eek::p

[quote name='halos']LOL... we went to Wildwood every freaking 4th iof July week with all my in-laws. (I went up until I moved out of PA). We'd all get there around the same time and the FIRST thing to get unpacked was THE BLENDER. :D
My BIL makes a kick-butt daquiri and that was his job for the week...hey, you're getting your fruit for breakfast that way! :D
We'd usually buy out all the frozen strawberries at the Sam's Club. :eek:

When we were down there with friends, we usually slept past noon, so there were no 'rules' to worry about.[/quote]

We would normally stop at the roadside stand and get corn on the cobb. (Red Top & Green Top) As you said, close the boardwalk, sleep til at least noom, then start popping caps! My grandmother owned a house in the Villas, about 7 miles outside of Wildwood!

[quote name='golfergal']If we don't drink before noon, all those Bloody Marys and Mimosas will feel unwanted and go wasted. Hmm "wasted" that's an appropriate word when discussing drinking before noon.[/QUOTE]

I hate to let anything go to waste and what a shame it would be for a drink to feel unwanted...I swear to do my part to prevent these things from happening!!!!

Cj

[quote name='kyrisong1']What noon rule? When you are on Carribean time there ARE no rules.
[/quote]

With your first sentence, you took the words right out of my mouth!

With the second, however, I respectfully have to disagree as there are plenty of rules - ones that people ignore! ie kids in the adult only hot tubs, diapers in the pool and chair hogging to name a few!:rolleyes:

[quote name='Evil Scotsman']First Cruie 2/8 so be "gentle" lol :p What is the deal with the DOD, I am assuming special price?! What does a kiss on the lips taste like? My wife doesn't like anything that she can taste the alcohol?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Drinks of the day are discounted and listed in your daily Capers. My favorite tropical drink is the "Kiss on the lips' - mango and other stuff - very yummy and your wife will love it - you should definitely treat to one of these - either before or after noon :)

[quote name='kelz66']Legal? at the jersey shore?

I celebrated my 21st birthday in the bar I frequented for 3 years...LMAO

:eek::p[/QUOTE]

shh...I won't discuss my pre-legal days :eek:
Although, I might, if I could remember them.

[quote name='Evil Scotsman']We would normally stop at the roadside stand and get corn on the cobb. (Red Top & Green Top) As you said, close the boardwalk, sleep til at least noom, then start popping caps! My grandmother owned a house in the Villas, about 7 miles outside of Wildwood![/QUOTE]

Do you guys remember that rickety old freakin bridge that you had to cross to get into Wildwood???? LOL...
it would be at that point in the ride when we'd roll down the windows because you could smell the ocean.....

[quote name='winemama']there is nothing closer to heaven then sitting on a beach in Mexico and drinking a bucket of iced Corona like it is your job....my motto is when McDonald's quits serving breakfast it is OK to start drinking[/QUOTE]

I like that motto! :D

OOps..on second thought, I read it as 'When McDonalds FIRST starts serving breakfast..." which is more like it.

Waking up to Mimosas on the balcony is great..especially if you skip the OJ. :)

[quote name='halos']Do you guys remember that rickety old freakin bridge that you had to cross to get into Wildwood???? LOL...
it would be at that point in the ride when we'd roll down the windows because you could smell the ocean.....

I was reading your post about the bridge and immediately thought Yeah that is when you smell the bay and crabs, with the houses on stilts LOL

[quote name='outerbks'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Any drink that includes fruit/vegetable juice or beer where a twist is involved constitutes a breakfast drink. Loosen up and enjoy Carnival. Otherwise, pucker up and go RCCL or Princess. Hahaha:cool:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

I have even been known to have one before noon on Princess and RCCL !!

Archived