List your favorite main dining room meals

skay

I am definitely a red meat lover, so I enjoyed all the steaks. But, the Chateaubriand was my favorite. I also liked the strawberry bisque soup and the Bitter and Blanc dessert. (Of course I liked the warm, chocolate melting cake - but we now make it at home so I'm looking forward to enjoying different desserts on my next cruise, with the Bitter and Blanc on my list of try agains.) I can't remember a side dish that really stood out. On the filet mignon night (loved it too!), I am going to get the shrimp,also. My daughter got them last time - huge, fried shrimp.

Prime Rib

Escargot

----------------

Items which are HISTORY, but nonetheless rank highly with me:

Gravlaks > I have had a couple of Maitre d's attempt to have the chef "throw some together", but generally they are not the same... LISTEN UP CARNIVAL!!!

(Gravlaks - Thinly Sliced Norwegian Fjord Salmon Cured with Dill and Brandy Presented with a Sour Cream Mustard Sauce)

Pepper-Seared Supreme of Young Long Island Duckling

---------------

Tom

Last week the baby back ribs were to die for, tender and perfect. Short ribs were hard, no bone and we didnt finish even the 4 little squares of meat they gave us. But those were the best baby back ribs Iv ever had. Falling off the bone tender. You could cut them with a fork.

Of course it goes without saying lobster.

PS my favorite dessert is in the buffet, its almost like fudge, chocolate cake, but fudgey. Its so rich you wouldnt want a 2nd slice.

I always find the lobster too salty.

Breakfast I love to go to the dining room about 3 times inthe morning and always have eggs benedict yum.

The snails I always order 2 could eat 6 but too polite

Most of the soups are good and with some horeradish so is most of their red meats

Oh was onthe Splender just over 2 weeks ago and I do miss the food the service etc. etc. will be back on her in April for the Mexician Riveria:D

Does anyone know if they serve Lobster on the 5 day Holiday cruises out of Mobile? Thanks.

Oh, by the way. My favorite are the steaks, baked potato's, ceasar salad, and of course warm chocolate melting cake, again and agian and again and ag!!!!!!!

Bear with me, as I never remember what all is served in each meal, but I do remember stand-out dishes.

Lobster is always my favorite entree, hands-down. I usually go for seafood when I can on the cruise, since I'm landlocked in Indiana, far away from the good, fresh stuff. Any chilled fruit soup is high on my list, particularly the strawberry. I'm partial to the baked alaska for dessert, though my favorite dessert (fruishi!) I've only seen served at the lido lunch buffet.

...My lunch of Pizza Hut seems far less dazzling after reading this thread and thinking of my options were I on a cruise, by the way :p

Some have already said the baby back ribs. My daughter ordered these on the last night and everybody at the table wished they had ordered them. She said it was the best offering of the entire week. She was laughing because every time she reached for a bone, the meat just fell off and she just had a bare bone in her hand. It came with fries and cole slaw. This is not something I would order on a cruise because almost every restaurant at home has ribs, but I will get them the next time.

Beef Wellington

Indian spiced vegetables with couscous

Lobster

Chocolate Melting Cake

And, anything and everything at the Supper Club.

Bad news to report - they removed Beef Willington from the menu. Or at least on the December cruise I was on - I asked the waiter and he said they removed it before there were too many complaints. I actually liked it... :(

Archived