Can we bring our own Playstation for our cabin?

cps10

I really don't know the answer to this so I will ask the other experts.

We are cruising Crown Princess in April and were wondering if we can hook up our own Playstation in the cabin- the kids like to hang out there when we cruise.

Anyone know??

Thanks!

Some ships it is really difficult to hook up to older tvs in the cabins, you have to have brought the right connections to make it work ... at best. I think it depends on the age of the ship and if the tvs have been upgraded or not yet.

The Crown is a newer ship, glad to hear on that ship it should work.

I am just curious as to why you would bring this along? You can play playstation anytime at home! You are on a CRUISE! Enjoy the things that come along with a cruise!

I guess I just cannot imagine bringing my Wii.... I can play at home any day, but I can't go snorkeling, eat exotic food, watch live shows, climb a rock wall, etc.... at home.... Just my thoughts.

I am just curious as to why you would bring this along? You can play playstation anytime at home! You are on a CRUISE! Enjoy the things that come along with a cruise!

I guess I just cannot imagine bringing my Wii.... I can play at home any day, but I can't go snorkeling, eat exotic food, watch live shows, climb a rock wall, etc.... at home.... Just my thoughts.

The Op didn't ask for your opinion just whether u can hook up the playstation . If thats what her kids like to do for a few hours while they are on THEIR! vacation then who are u to say what they do . BTW yes on the newer ships hooking up x-box or playstation is not a problem.

Wow...kind of harsh response.

I suspect Mokaheena just posted what a large majority of us were thinking. Why pay to take kids on a cruise if you intend for them to spend all their time in the cabin playing video games?

Personally, I limit my kids' TV/Game time at home. I can't imagine paying upwards of $1,000 to allow them to experience a cruise vacation, and have them tell me they'd rather sit in the cabin plugged into video games.

If that's what they want to do, why not let them stay home??

The Op didn't ask for your opinion just whether u can hook up the playstation . If thats what her kids like to do for a few hours while they are on THEIR! vacation then who are u to say what they do . BTW yes on the newer ships hooking up x-box or playstation is not a problem.

I agree with you. People should do what they want to on their vacation.

OP you shouldn't have any problems hooking it up.

Same reason I bring a book, ipod or crossword puzzles... part of a vacation is relaxing and having the time to do the things you like to do without pressures of school, work, chores or other responsibilities. This is particularly true where there are a significant number of sea days.

Why pay to take kids on a cruise if you intend for them to spend all their time in the cabin playing video games?

Personally, I limit my kids' TV/Game time at home. I can't imagine paying upwards of $1,000 to allow them to experience a cruise vacation, and have them tell me they'd rather sit in the cabin plugged into video games.

If that's what they want to do, why not let them stay home??

I don't recall the OP saying the kids would spend "all their time" in the cabin playing games. Maybe it is for them to keep occupied while their parents are getting dressed, or waiting for their turn in the shower, or if the sea is too rough on a given day to use the pool. Who are we to judge how others spend their vacation?

My kids brought video games on every cruise we went. This does not mean they spent all their cruise time inside a cabin playing games. They went on all excursions with us.

IMHO, it is great that my kids can play video games in the cabin when I am resting. We are not big fans of evening shows and we don't gamble. We usually simply rest in our cabin after dinner. It is great to have my kids playing video games in the cabin. We don't need to worry where they are at night time.

OP said kids like to hang out in the cabin while they cruise.

We are cruising Crown Princess in April and were wondering if we can hook up our own Playstation in the cabin- the kids like to hang out there when we cruise.

I'm clearly in the minority here. I just don't have the money to pay for my kids to go on a cruise to "hang out" in the cabin playing video games. I've taken my kids cruising before. If they had spent all the time "hanging out" in the cabin, their first cruise would have been their last. It takes me too long to save up that kind of money.

If you cannot hook it up remember that the children's clubs seem to have all the major systems available.

I repeat the op asked 1 question and doesn't need your opinion on what her kids like to do and i'm sure most could careless what your kids do for enjoyment on their vacation also. Keep your opinions to yourself and simply answer the question of whether the playstation or x-box can be hooked up and that answer is YES! Any other reply is simply thread hi-jacking , and maybe some need the read the post from CC on this item again!

I repeat the op asked 1 question and doesn't need your opinion on what her kids like to do and i'm sure most could careless what your kids do for enjoyment on their vacation also. Keep your opinions to yourself and simply answer the question of whether the playstation or x-box can be hooked up and that answer is YES! Any other reply is simply thread hi-jacking , and maybe some need the read the post from CC on this item again!

Gosh, lighten up. Yogi2929 was trying to be helpful by saying that if the OP couldn't make it work in the room, then they could play it somewhere else. No where did Yogi2929 say not to bring it, complain or otherwise. Get off your high horse. We got it, you think everyone but you is out of line....:rolleyes:

Gosh, lighten up. Yogi2929 was trying to be helpful by saying that if the OP couldn't make it work in the room, then they could play it somewhere else. No where did Yogi2929 say not to bring it, complain or otherwise. Get off your high horse. We got it, you think everyone but you is out of line....:rolleyes:

Sorry , my post wasn't meant for Yogi. Yogi's reply was very good, but those who reply with their opinion bout whether it's right or not to bring a playstation when there are other things to do on the ship and how they take care of their own kids can keep their comments to themselves!

Sorry , my post wasn't meant for Yogi. Yogi's reply was very good, but those who reply with their opinion bout whether it's right or not to bring a playstation when there are other things to do on the ship and how they take care of their own kids can keep their comments to themselves!
Well, see, you quoted Yogi in your post, giving the appearance that your post was in reply to Yogi's . . . .

Well, see, you quoted Yogi in your post, giving the appearance that your post was in reply to Yogi's . . . .

Ya i know we are all human we do make mistakes why i said sorry, i admit when i'm wrong and have said things off topic unlike some that post here. Have a good day!

Same reason I bring a book, ipod or crossword puzzles... part of a vacation is relaxing and having the time to do the things you like to do without pressures of school, work, chores or other responsibilities. This is particularly true where there are a significant number of sea days.

I totally agree with you. My DS rarely has time to play with his new Xbox 360. Too much homework, baseball practice, band practice, etc. If he wanted to bring his XBox I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, my kid is more of a social type. He loves making friends and hanging out in the arcade, and game rooms. He's been cruising with us since he was 5 and he is now 13.

Live and let live I say! The OP asked for help, not opinions!

Thanks for the information. I am thrilled to know that we can bring our playstation3. We are 51 and 52 y.o. couple that are "big kids" at heart. The cruise in December is going to be my DH's very first cruise. I was afraid that he would be board out of his mind on sea days. I can lounge on the balcony, while he enjoys running Lara Croft off of cliffs. Woot!

Wow, leave a thread for a few days and look what happens! :rolleyes::eek:

!!!!!!!!!!APOLOGY ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived