What Books Are You Bringing On Your Next Cruise?

NYHartChapp

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link here? Probably not. :)

Bookcrossing is a web site where you register books with an ID number and then leave them in public places for people to find and hopefully journal. I had one book that I left at a Bagel shop in Kansas and the next time I heard from it it had just been picked up off a table in Cancun. Fun stuff!

It comes in handy when repacking my suitcase at the end of a trip. :D

That sound like fun. I guess we can Google Bookcrossing to find it.

I am going to be reading The Killer Angels by Shaara about the American Civil War and I have another book on General Custer and the movies. But big this year too is I finally figured out how to put movies on my PSP. So now in addition to my couple books, I have about 20 movies and a bunch of stuff from YouTube.

I have Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns Goodwin set aside, but I might just bring my light cruise reading - the swords/sorcery/sex books - you know: the ones with the hot guy on the cover (for some reason they usually don't show his face, just his body) and vampires/dragons/werewolves in the background.....

I'm reading books by Dakota Cassidy now. Quick reads.

i can never decide' date=' so i bring my kindle which currently has 21 books loaded onto it, with a wide range of authors so i can pick whatever i'm in the mood for. Love, love, love my kindle! :d[/quote']

soooooo jealous!!!!

I went on the Spirit with the kids one summer and read THREE Nelson B. DeMille books in 6 days! OK, so maybe I seemed a little... detached... but hey, greatest orgy of reading EVER. He is an awesome writer- he keeps you hanging on the edge of your lounge chair, so to speak...

This time I'm bringing: Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris) and Why We Suck (Denis Leary). DH is bringing Looking for Jimmy, a Search for Irish America (you could just go to my in-laws' house- no search" necessary) by Peter Quinn.

"Why We Suck" by Denis Leary is absolutely hysterical and very reminiscent of my childhood! It was a great read. I gave it to my brother when I was finished. I am, sure you will enjoy it! There is a lot of truth in that book. I want to quote it so bad, but I would hate to give anything away!

:D

"Why We Suck" by Denis Leary is absolutely hysterical and very reminiscent of my childhood! It was a great read. I gave it to my brother when I was finished. I am, sure you will enjoy it! There is a lot of truth in that book. I want to quote it so bad, but I would hate to give anything away!

:D

Bringing it!!!!! Half way done. Hilarious :D:D:D:D

Anything current (in paperback) from Koontz' date=' Grisham King or Baldacci.

PE[/quote']

try Greg Isles; he is similar to Grisham because they are from the same general location but Isle's is deeper and more enjoyable. My opinon only.. Give him a try..

SKinny Dip was fun but the build up was so great I was a little disappointed. For those of you who can read a couple of books a week I envy you. I am dyslisic (or ever how you spell it) so am doing good to read one full book on a cruise and I love to read...It just takes me longer cause I see the words differently and have to go back and read them again.

Nita

:) Just having a break from PACKING!-leaving on Thurs. for Barcelona-Taking the latest Grisham:The Appeal, as both can read it, and Alan Bennet's "Talking Heads", plus a Louise Bagshaw for a bit of escapism. I leave them on the paperback shelf in the library when finished.-jocap.

cruising the Jade? I have clients on the cruise: I envy you!!!!

is a collection of short stories. I thought this would be perfect for a cruise as you could read a story at a time or skip around if I wanted to.

Turned out, I didn't read a single page. :)

And for the previous poster asking about the Kindle story by king, it is "UR" which is available for Kindle but not yet bound. I'm sure it will be released in hardback and audio eventually but now it's only for download to Kindle.

Sun Tzu.... The Art of War

Latest issue of The Economist, my favorite news magazine ever.

Maybe a book about President Reagan.

That's it.

What book about Reagan? I think we have read about every book written about him. Let me know, so, if we haven't I can get it for hubby..

Nita

Half Price Book Stores is having a sale this Valentines Week end. You can get a 20% discount off their 1/2 price. Sue Grafton writes an Alphabet Mystery Series... pretty good. Sophie KInsellas's Shopaholic trilogy are funny books. Nancy

thanks, think I will try to find it or them on Amazon. My husband worked for Reagan both in Cal and DC. we know a lot about his life, but always enjoy hearing even more, both good and bad.

Nita

It's definitely available on Amazon (it's a single volume, published in 2007). Entries range from the mundane to the truly historic.

Archived