Internet Cafe is there a fee?

Clover28

In order to access the internet, you need to login to their website...which then charges to your room account....65 cents a minute

If you intend to use it often (10-15 minutes a day) I would buy a package - they also may run a special that if you buy the package, you get 20% more minutes free...thats what happened with us. Paid $80 for 180 minutes, got another 36 more minutes free.

then when you login, it charges you according to your package, not the 65 cents per minute.

It's standard practice for them to charge anywhere for internet access. On Celebrity, it's the same rate whether you use your own laptop or their computers.

Is a pigs a** pork? LOL:D

We did get free internet access on Seaborn, Crystal, Oceania and Princess, for a suite and above.

Internet is expensive, very slow 95% of the time, and limited to standard browsing - forget using skype or some other internet phone service. Some times you're not in good range and the service is so slow you'll spend 10 minutes trying to get into your email before giving up. It is worth a try but don't commit to being in touch at a particular time.

Fees are the same no matter where you use it, in rooms, in the cafe or using your own laptop via wireless.

If you do not have to go online a lot, it is often best to seek out internet cafes in ports. I often have found rates of around $5 per hour in many ports. The speed is quicker and the price much more palatable.

If you do not have to go online a lot, it is often best to seek out internet cafes in ports. I often have found rates of around $5 per hour in many ports. The speed is quicker and the price much more palatable.

Internet cafes in port are most cost-effective way to go - the standard practice we have used often. Tourist info desk at port can direct to locations. Good Luck

Yes, internet at port is very cheap and fast. Internet on board is extremely expensive and extremely slow and frustrating. When we went on a Mexican Riviera cruise, each port had an internet cafe for a few dollars per hour, many times $1 for 15 minutes. Where we are going in 2 weeks, it's free wifi in Old San Juan, P.R. so I think I can catch up with the world mid-week. Also, watch your cell phone minutes, it's very expensive on the ship, like $2.50/minute but at port it maybe cheaper (P.R. is part of many U.S. calling plans) and even many ports are 69/cents a minute. Check with your phone provider before you go.

I would only bother using it to print my boarding pass for return flight (flying SW so need to check in 24 hrs. prior to get earliest boarding group). Is paying for Internet access the only way to do this.

Yes.

Just have all your info handy so you only have to go to the Southwest web site and then quickly type in your info. Should only take a few minutes so only cost a couple of bucks.

Just a quick note about the packages...

Make up your mind about Internet access when you get onboard. They give you 20% more minutes if you buy the package before 10 pm your first night.

BTW, I was surprised at how fast the Internet access was on both Millennium and Solstice. It certainly isn't home broadband, but is still much faster than dialup.

Just a quick note about the packages...

Make up your mind about Internet access when you get onboard. They give you 20% more minutes if you buy the package before 10 pm your first night.

BTW, I was surprised at how fast the Internet access was on both Millennium and Solstice. It certainly isn't home broadband, but is still much faster than dialup.

It was not bad on the constellation either, but I knew to use it at odd hours. Like late at night. ;)

Forget messing around and paying for the high internet rates to get your SWA boarding pass EXACTLY 24 hours prior to your departing flight. Get a trusted friend or family member to do it for you at home--strong arm them to the need to do this the exact minute 24 hours prior to scheduled departure. They don't even need to print the boarding pass, or know how many bags you are checking--just your confirmation code.

Then, when you get to the airport, you reprint your boarding pass, and it will give you the same number as was originally assigned 24 hours prior.

At the top of this website, there is a "ports" link. Follow that link and click on where you are going, then what port you are stopping at. Scroll to the bottom and there is a "Staying in Touch" section that tells you where the internet cafes are located in each port. Usually there is one either near the port, the downtown area, or both.

Archived