Nudity on the balcony... y or n?

gaubow

Again not so. This thread is about being nude on your balcony, not about hanging a fifty-two year old picture of yourself on your balcony. Time remains relevant.

Wrong again.

The point was made that the thread was resurrected from years ago.

My comment referred to the "discussion about nudity" whether started in 2010 or today, is irrelevent. The discussion itself has no relevence whatsoever to when it began.

Wrong again.

The point was made that the thread was resurrected from years ago.

My comment referred to the "discussion about nudity" whether started in 2010 or today, is irrelevent. The discussion itself has no relevence whatsoever to when it began.

You really should pay attention to the discussion before calling people wrong. My comment was in response to your comparing a 70 year old to a picture of him/her at 18.

Not really so. Someone who has over 70 years on the planet is very different when nude from someone who has 18 years. Time, in this context, is certainly relevant.

I only call people wrong when they are, and this is one of those times.

I lightheartedly made the comment regarding this thread, which was resurrected from the dead that

When it comes to nudity, time is irrelevant”

after someone mentioned that it was a very old thread.

Then you took it upon yourself to get confrontational with me with the

following response:

“Not really so. Someone who has over 70 years on the planet is

very different when nude from someone who has 18 years.

Time, in this context, is certainly relevant.”

Well let’s get something clear. Anyone that desires can make up any “context” they want in a discussion,

however, your context had nothing to do whatsoever with my original response.

You did so solely to be confrontational and argumentative.

In the future, I will refrain from making any responses to you on these boards,

and I would appreciate it if you would do the same.

I only call people wrong when they are, and this is one of those times.

I lightheartedly made the comment regarding this thread, which was resurrected from the dead that

When it comes to nudity, time is irrelevant”

after someone mentioned that it was a very old thread.

Then you took it upon yourself to get confrontational with me with the

following response:

“Not really so. Someone who has over 70 years on the planet is

very different when nude from someone who has 18 years.

Time, in this context, is certainly relevant.”

Well let’s get something clear. Anyone that desires can make up any “context” they want in a discussion,

however, your context had nothing to do whatsoever with my original response.

You did so solely to be confrontational and argumentative.

In the future, I will refrain from making any responses to you on these boards,

and I would appreciate it if you would do the same.

Bravo!

so what if anyone is 18 or 78.. it's their balcony and if they want to catch a nice breeze what business is it of anyone else? if you can see them by peeking around or handing over your balcony just mind your own business.

Wouldn't that be nice?

I agree 100%.

I wish others felt the same way.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I guess that is my real question. I can just assume that if I am getting changed or whatever with my curtains open, then I am fair game even for such cameras? So the balcony really isn't private, and it sounds like my room may not be either. From neighbors, to crews working on the ship to in-port cameras there may be no secrets....

The security cameras cannot see into the cabins unless the sun is in the exact right angle, but most balconies are covered by cameras, as there have been several instances of people jumping overboard from them (and even claiming to have fallen from them), and the lines use the surveillance cameras to get the facts right. We have also used them to interrupt "inappropriate" behavior between consenting adults late at night in places like the kiddie pool, etc.

Sometimes the window washing apparatus for the pool deck windows will allow crew to look into balconies below.

There are cameras in the passageways, but not in the cabins.

Some balconies are shielded more than others....you would be the one that needs to make the decision though. If other people can see you, I would tend to say it would not be appropriate...Some balconies aren't even big enough, or get enough sun for sun bathing....

I remember a few years ago in Dominica a couple guests were taken off the Star Princess and arrested for public nudity. To make matters worse the two guests were gay (which I believe is illegal or treated very badly in that country).

So be very careful ... In all honesty use your head. If nobody is going to see or know then who cares. If there is a chance of anyone seeing you well then obviously that won't be ok.

edit: doh. 4 year old thread

Edited by bamelin

• 1 month later...
Woooooo! Balcony club! What kinda cabin did you have? I'm assuming it was completely covered?

Ocean Suite. Nice big balcony with 3 chairs, two tables and a lounger! Deck six, port side, so yes, completely covered.

• 4 months later...

I have always wondered about parent who worry that their children will see a naked person, but have no issue with their children seeing constant violence on TV. My kids when they were little saw both my wife and I changing our clothes (by accident) in our bedroom and they thought nothing of it. It did not scar them or affect them in any way.

On the Carnival Legend we had a HUGE wraparound balcony aft on the 8th level so we didn't have much cover over our balcony being lido was the next deck. Hubby totally sunbathed naked and I laughed hysterically waiting with camera for some poor soul to peek around or something. It unfortunately never happened.[/QUOTE]

More accurately stated.... " I never saw it happen" .:D My highlight of the sentence in the OP.

Yes, but nudity is still just as much a fun topic. :D:D . Sure beats hearing more complaints about the lettuce not being cut to the size someone likes.

You know I'm going to stop by this thread, and judging by the view count, I'm not the only one:D

Now, where do we collect our award for the "balcony club" when the cruise is over :confused:

Just curious what the general feeling is about nude sunbathing, or just being naked on your own balcony while at sea... is that illegal or indecent? Is it just your balcony and you should be able to do what you want as long as it isn't disruptive to the neighbors?

And no, this doesn't apply to being in port... I just wonder if people can see into your balcony...

Thanks

Leaving on Freedom Sunday wahoooooooo!

Most balconies you are able to see into when looking down. Also when the balcony panels are joined, there are big spaces to see thru. There are also cameras along side of ship. :)

You know I'm going to stop by this thread, and judging by the view count, I'm not the only one:D

Now, where do we collect our award for the "balcony club" when the cruise is over :confused:

Unless you're willing to provide proof, via photographs (or video):eek:, you'll have to make your own award, and everyone will have to take your word for it.:D

Most balconies you are able to see into when looking down. Also when the balcony panels are joined, there are big spaces to see thru. There are also cameras along side of ship. :)

Although there are cameras on the sides of the ship, they do not look directly into the balconies. That would be an invasion of privacy. So feel free to sit on the balcony in your birthday suit (necktie optional).:rolleyes::D

Although there are cameras on the sides of the ship, they do not look directly into the balconies. That would be an invasion of privacy. So feel free to sit on the balcony in your birthday suit (necktie optional).:rolleyes::D

I think they do actually. When a young couple disappeared off a cruise ship in Australia earlier this year they filmed the couple on the balcony, saw her go overboard and then the boyfriend followed. I'm thinking that the balcony is regarded as public space in terms of safety. ;)