CCL Shareholder Benefit Approved & Extended :)

FIRELT5

Yippee! A dollar saved is a drink earned! Glad you found my info helpful.

Have a great time on your trans-At!

I never said thank you Ruth...Finally bit the bullet & purchased 100 shares at 18.25 on 3/5...Even with the Brokerage fee have made over $400 plus the $250 OBC for our Nov. cruise..That's not bad in this tanked market.. :D:D

Thanks again Ruth..

Cheers..:) Betty

FIRELT5...Sorry never thanked you either for starting this thread..Have been looking at CCL stock for more than a year, but always too chicken to buy it..I've never been able to make $$ buying stocks..My stocks always seem to drop after I buy it so once shy...;)

While we were away in Nov. CCL tanked to $15.93 & then went up again..Finally when it started coming down & I decided to think about it when it hit $17..

Your thread was the catylist..After realizing we would get a $250 OBC for our cruise in Nov, DH encouraged me to buy it..For once a stock I've purchased is making Money..Don't know for how long but the OBC is more than a 13% return..Pretty good in this economy..:D

So thanks FIRELT5 for the great tip..

Cheers....:)Betty

Was there a change in the credit for 13 day cruises? Was it once more than $100?

I know what you mean about the stock Betty, I bought at $23 watched it drop sooo low and was too chicken to buy more.

The RCCL stock reference may be that they also suspended their dividend and there were some rumors about not combining OBC with the dividend.

• 3 weeks later...
It's interesting to see that they are not allowing the OBC to be used for gratuities - we have been doing that in the past, so that's a change.

Seattle has always said that but AFAIK the ships have never enforced it. Just like a lot of other differences between what Seattle says and actually happens.

Rich

There are always associated risks with the stock market and dividends are not guaranteed, but it is working nicely for us so far. First I bought 100 shares and then during the drastic drop I went ahead and purchased 100 more. Received the last dividend in December + received two $100 OBC for each of our two cruises three months apart.

[quote name='Willsot']There are always associated risks with the stock market and dividends are not guaranteed, but it is working nicely for us so far. [B]First I bought 100 shares[/B] and then during the drastic drop I went ahead [B]and purchased 100 more[/B]. Received the last dividend in December + [B]received two $100 OBC for [COLOR=Red]each[/COLOR] of our two cruises[/B] three months apart.[/quote]

So, for a seven day cruise it's a $100 credit for [U]every[/U] 100 shares of CCL you own? Wow...I drink to forget about all the money I lost in the stock market. Now, it seems my stocks might cover my bar tab!! :eek:

[quote name='FloridaAdGuy']So, for a seven day cruise it's a $100 credit for [U]every[/U] 100 shares of CCL you own? Wow...I drink to forget about all the money I lost in the stock market. Now, it seems my stocks might cover my bar tab!! :eek:[/quote]
No, its $100 per cabin as long as you hold over 100 shares. You can, however, get the credit for each cruise. If you manage to cruise for a full year it would conceivably be 52 * 100 or $5200 for the year. (Of course, I couldn't afford that many cruises!!)

Rich

[quote name='richwmn']No, its $100 per cabin as long as you hold over 100 shares. You can, however, get the credit for each cruise. If you manage to cruise for a full year it would conceivably be 52 * 100 or $5200 for the year. (Of course, I couldn't afford that many cruises!!)

Rich[/QUOTE]

AND...better yet do your full year of cruising in 14 day segments and get 26 * $250 or $6500 for the year!:D

[quote name='FloridaAdGuy']So, for a seven day cruise it's a $100 credit for [U]every[/U] 100 shares of CCL you own? Wow...I drink to forget about all the money I lost in the stock market. Now, it seems my stocks might cover my bar tab!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

No - I apologize for writing that wrong. The credit is the same for 100 shares or more and is per cabin, not per person.

[SIZE=3]Need clarification on the OBC..We purchased 100 shares of Carnival Stock ...We also put down $100 per person on a future cruise while we were in Alaska last August...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We booked an outside cabin on the Statendam in November for 28 days..Following is the complete OBC we were counting on: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1) $250 OBC for the stock [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2) $100 OBC for future cruise deposit ($50.00 per person for an outside cabin more than 12 days) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3) $150 OBC from our Travel Agent plus Pinnacle dinner..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The total OBC $500..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A friend was discussing the OBC with another Friend...The other Friend said, if you have an OBC from stock you own, it cannot be combined with any other OBC from the Cruise Line..Now we know the second Friend is going on an RCCL cruise in a few weeks, but are not sure if she was talking about Carnival Stock or RCCL stock..Does anyone know for sure what the correct answer is to this question?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks..Betty[/SIZE]

[quote name='serendipity1499']
[SIZE=3]A friend was discussing the OBC with another Friend...The other Friend said, if you have an OBC from stock you own, it cannot be combined with any other OBC from the Cruise Line..Now we know the second Friend is going on an RCCL cruise in a few weeks, but are not sure if she was talking about Carnival Stock or RCCL stock..Does anyone know for sure what the correct answer is to this question?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Thanks..Betty[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I have combined the stock credit with the future booking credit several times. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]My January cruise on the Noordam had a TA credit combined with the stock credit. I can't recall if there was a future cruise credit with that, too, but I believe there was. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I have combined the stock credit with the future booking credit several times. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]My January cruise on the Noordam had a TA credit combined with the stock credit. I can't recall if there was a future cruise credit with that, too, but I believe there was. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=3]Thanks Ruth...I read the Carnival announcement over carefully & could not find anything that says we could not do it..But figured I would ask experienced posters..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Appreciate your response..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Cheers..:) Betty[/SIZE]

On my recent Star Princess crise I did indeed receive a $250 credit - have in the past had no problem and I am on 2 cruises to nowhere on Carnival later this year and will get $50 each. I told everyone I could on the cruise when the stock was $15 to buy buy buy.
Now its $28 - not bad - good for the earlier poster who bought at $18.
I m the sucker who is in at $37. BUT I used to get dividends and continue to get credits on board. Its really not a bad deal.
By the way - RCL stock and gone up 2 1/2 times in 2 months as well.

Larry

Archived