CCL Shareholder Benefit Approved & Extended :)

FIRELT5

On page 2 of this post West Coast Cruiser gave a link where we can daily check the price of Carnival Stock. It would be good to keep this post forward so that we could check its price each day.

[quote name='Himself']On page 2 of this post West Coast Cruiser gave a link where we can daily check the price of Carnival Stock. It would be good to keep this post forward so that we could check its price each day.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]I actually have the Carnival stock quotes on my home page & check it daily..It constantly updates .Don't know what type of a home page you have but try looking at it to see if there is an area which suggests checking stocks..If you have it then put in CCL & you should be able to have it come up each day on your Home Page..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It went up $2.80 cents today:D:D:D & is now trading at $28.94 a couple of hours before the market closes..:D:D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I bought it 3/05 for $18.25...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Cheers.....:)Betty[/SIZE]

[quote name='cruisinsmoothly']Do they allow the Stock OBC to be used toward the auto gratuities. [/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I believe it's not supposed to be used that way, but the reality is that it is used that way. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]You start the accounting with a credit. Your daily charges, including service charges, are placed against the account, and there is a running total. The bottom line is your final bill. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]Does anyone know what is going on with Carnival ??...Did they make some kind of announcement? In one day it gained $3.43 :D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]From my last post 2 hours ago it's gone up another .63 cents....:D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]As of 4:35 p.m. it's now $29.57..:D:D [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The only announcements I can find is a HAL PR which says HAL contributed 576 million to the State of Washington in 2008... Anyone elso know what's going on?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Cheers....:) Betty[/SIZE]

[quote name='serendipity1499'][SIZE=3]Does anyone know what is going on with Carnival ??...Did they make some kind of announcement? In one day it gained $3.43 :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]From my last post 2 hours ago it's gone up another .63 cents....:D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]As of 4:35 p.m. it's now $29.57..:D:D [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The only announcements I can find are the HAL figures for 2008 which look very good..Anyone elso know what's going on?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Cheers....:) Betty[/SIZE][/quote]
The entire market is up today, on average. I don't think there is any special announcement from Carnival prompting CCL's price jump. RCL also is up near 4%. I have a teeny number of shares in another company, and that also is up significantly.

• 3 months later...
[SIZE=3]Hi all.. Looks like the stock has leveled out at around 28 or 29..Have a few questions: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1) The Carnival notice it says to FAX a photocopy of our current brokerage statement...Can I white out the statement of our other holdings with the exception of the line which shows the Carnival Stock..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2) The FAX Number given is: 206 281-0627 is this correct & do we put it to anyones special attention..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3) Will they e-mail the reply to us, rather than FAX us back..Our FAX is hooked up to DH's PC. & I'm not sure how to accept an incoming Fax if he's not home..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]4) Can someone tell me how to find the restrictions that apply to this OBC.. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]5) 1) Does anyone know if Carnival suspended all dividends for the time being..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Sorry I'm a neophyte on this & appreciate any help you can give..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks so much..Betty[/SIZE]

[quote name='Himself']It was at $30.13 per share today and its dividend is still listed as $1.60 a year.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]I know & am really excited about that..:):) This is the first time that I've bought a single company's stock & had it increase.. ;) [/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]With my IRA I've always been conservative & usually do not gamble in single stocks..In the past 20 years only invested in two companies ...One was Steinmart because I thought the store had a wonderful clothing & gift line..So many Friends, & I enjoyed shopping in Steinmart..The second was Euro- Disney, because a friend & I figured they can't help but to make money in Europe as they were doing here.. We were so wrong !!! Of course, DH always felt that I [/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I] should make up my own mind about my IRA investments, so I could not blame him for my losses....;)..Our Broker cautioned me about them, but you know the old story, when a woman makes up her mind you can't talk her out of it..Lost my shirt on both of them & finally had to cut my losses & sell them at a fraction of the cost.. [/I][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Fortunately my [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]mutuals funds & bonds did well.. [/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[SIZE=3][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That's the reason it took me so long to buy the Carnival Stock & only because everyone on this board kept saying it was a wonderful perk.[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]This time DH advised me to go for it, so instead buying it from my IRA, I bought it from our joint brokerage account & we're both quite happy about it now.. [/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]Do you happen to know if the dividend is paid quarterly?[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Betty[/FONT] [/I][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Hi Betty,

I've put my experiences in Red.

[quote name='serendipity1499']
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]1) The Carnival notice it says to FAX a photocopy of our current brokerage statement...Can I white out the statement of our other holdings with the exception of the line which shows the Carnival Stock.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B]YES - I often black out everything but the statement date, my name/address and the info line showing the symbol (CCL), stock name, number of shares and current value.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]2) The FAX Number given is: 206 281-0627 is this correct & do we put it to anyones special attention.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]You need to fax it to the specific cruiseline you will be sailing on. Are you going on HAL? If you are, then that fax number is correct.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]3) Will they e-mail the reply to us, rather than FAX us back..Our FAX is hooked up to DH's PC. & I'm not sure how to accept an incoming Fax if he's not home.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]YES and No - some companies will reply via email if you ask and provide your email address in your cover letter. I know Princess does, Carnival does not and not sure about HAL.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]4) Can someone tell me how to find the restrictions that apply to this OBC.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]I've had it combined with multiple other credits on Carnival, Princess and HAL.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]5) 1) Does anyone know if Carnival suspended all dividends for the time being.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]YES to dividends not being paid on common shares - but this is not a dividend it is a benefit and is still in effect.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]

We are going on a cruise at the end of October and have already paid the bill. Is it too late to get the credit? Since Cruise Value Center went into bankrupcty, HAL was the final TA for this cruise. So do we have to ask HAL for the credit?

[quote name='Storylady']We are going on a cruise at the end of October and have already paid the bill. Is it too late to get the credit? Since Cruise Value Center went into bankrupcty, HAL was the final TA for this cruise. So do we have to ask HAL for the credit?[/quote]
Nope....not too late. Some say you have to wait for final payment to be made before they will even accept the request. That is usually when I make my request then I email it to them with a scanned document of my proof of ownership of 100 shares.

[quote name='Storylady']We are going on a cruise at the end of October and have already paid the bill. Is it too late to get the credit? Since Cruise Value Center went into bankrupcty, HAL was the final TA for this cruise. So do we have to ask HAL for the credit?[/quote]
Application for this benefit must be made prior to sailing ... so you should be fine. If you don't already own stock, you'll be surprised at how much the price has gone up in the past 6 months. Closed today at $30.88

[quote name='camp637']Application for this benefit must be made prior to sailing ... so you should be fine. If you don't already own stock, you'll be surprised at how much the price has gone up in the past 6 months. Closed today at $30.88[/QUOTE]

When I was on my Princess cruise in Feb - it was $14.85 and when I was telling people about the benfeit - I had a $250 Cabin credit on that one - I was telling people to buy.
Of course I am the idiot who bought it at $37!!!

Larry

[quote name='twin123185']When I was on my Princess cruise in Feb - it was $14.85 and when I was telling people about the benfeit - I had a $250 Cabin credit on that one - I was telling people to buy.

Larry[/quote]
We bought early this year when the price was well below today's close, tho not as low as it ever has been. One of the reasons we went ahead ... husband's company paid everyone for unused accumulated vacation time. He got a nice chunk for 190 hours, and that made the stock purchase virtually free, and even some money leftover after the CCL buy.

[quote name='West Coast']Hi Betty,

I've put my experiences in Red.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Hi Westcoast..Yes we are on HAL in Nov...Appreciate your answering me..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks for you input..Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]3) Will they e-mail the reply to us, rather than FAX us back..Our FAX is hooked up to DH's PC. & I'm not sure how to accept an incoming Fax if he's not home.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]YES and No - some companies will reply via email if you ask and provide your email address in your cover letter. I know Princess does, Carnival does not and not sure about HAL.

[COLOR=Black]My experience with HAL, going back about five years with Shipboard Credit, is that they DO NOT e-mail nor fax back confirmation. It takes about two weeks or so for the posting. I contact my HAL Personal Cruise Consultant and request a revised copy of the booking sheet once the credit is posted. She is pleased to e-mail it to me.[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='LoveHAL'][SIZE=3]3) Will they e-mail the reply to us, rather than FAX us back..Our FAX is hooked up to DH's PC. & I'm not sure how to accept an incoming Fax if he's not home.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]YES and No - some companies will reply via email if you ask and provide your email address in your cover letter. I know Princess does, Carnival does not and not sure about HAL.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=black]My experience with HAL, going back about five years with Shipboard Credit, is that they DO NOT e-mail nor fax back confirmation. It takes about two weeks or so for the posting. I contact my HAL Personal Cruise Consultant and request a revised copy of the booking sheet once the credit is posted. She is pleased to e-mail it to me.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Apparently that has changed..I asked the same question on DBA's thread & several posters mentioned that they have received confirmation within a few days..We just made final payment, so will wait a week to call HAL...Will post here when we receive our confirmation...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='camp637']We bought early this year when the price was well below today's close, tho not as low as it ever has been. One of the reasons we went ahead ... husband's company paid everyone for unused accumulated vacation time. He got a nice chunk for 190 hours, and that made the stock purchase virtually free, and even some money leftover after the CCL buy.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I've been running 3 month daily charts on CCL since last summer..If we had purchased it last year, we would have been well ahead of the game with our two cruises in 2008 of 14 days or more..But I was chicken, since my last two stock market purchases went down the drain..:( Actually the lowest price in the past year was $14.85 on Nov. 21 2008...We were on a cruise at that time & never got to see the November prices until I pulled them up in Dec..Of course at that time, CCL was going up again..Even when it dropped to $17.84 in Feb., I still hesitated to buy it...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Finally in March, with DH's encouragement, decided to bite the bullet & purchase it at $18.25..[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Now I'm just hoping that it will either stay the same or increase..If it stays the same for now the $250 OBC is equal to 15.% interest on our initial investment..:) That's not too bad considering that CD's are paying less than 5%.. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Of course I feel bad for those who purchased it at $40.00, but lets hope it increases for all of us..:)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='LoveHAL'][SIZE=3]3) Will they e-mail the reply to us, rather than FAX us back..Our FAX is hooked up to DH's PC. & I'm not sure how to accept an incoming Fax if he's not home.. [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][B]YES and No - some companies will reply via email if you ask and provide your email address in your cover letter. I know Princess does, Carnival does not and not sure about HAL.

[COLOR=Black]My experience with HAL, going back about five years with Shipboard Credit, is that they DO NOT e-mail nor fax back confirmation. It takes about two weeks or so for the posting. I contact my HAL Personal Cruise Consultant and request a revised copy of the booking sheet once the credit is posted. She is pleased to e-mail it to me.[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]We received our credit by e-mail in the form of a copy of our booking sheet within a day or two of requesting it by e-mail this year.

By the way, that super large font is the text equivalent of shouting. Is that what you intend?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='twin123185']When I was on my Princess cruise in Feb - it was $14.85 and when I was telling people about the benfeit - I had a $250 Cabin credit on that one - I was telling people to buy.
Larry[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Larry, You're not an idiot.. Think of it this way..Your $250 OBC was 7% interest on your initial investment..:D:DWhere else would you get that kind of interest these days? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Himself']It was at $30.13 per share today and its dividend is still listed as $1.60 a year.[/quote]

Looks like I missed the boat (no pun intended) on this one. I was going to buy in March, was sidetracked and totally forgot. :eek::rolleyes::eek:

Any stock market gurus here? Do you think it will continue to go up - or down?
It closed yesterday at $30.92, the 52 week range being $14.85 - $42.13 (that's what my investment club always looks at). Does it ever split?

I guess I should buy it just for the OBC's and not necessarily for its' stock worthiness. ;) However, if you guys think it will go down, I may wait a bit.

Question: We're booked on a twenty day cruise (a b2b of 10 days each but booked as one cruise). Does that mean just one onboard credit. How much in a verandah stateroom?

IMO the best time to buy stocks is mid to late Oct. Normally Summer is slow and often down (not this year for sure) and Sept and OCt are bad months. Plus we have had a nice run lately, so I bet that we will see a pullback soon. Plus, oil seems to be moving up again and this is not good for cruise stocks.

Having said all this, remember that if you are only buying 100 shares you are not making a major investment, so trying to time it may not be worth worrying about. I have two cruises booked now so I really need to buy some myself, now that they have stated they are keeping the program intact.

DaveOKC

Archived