Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

Really? Is this an accurate statement? Have you read all 2800 comments and dismissed the MAJORITY that say that it is NOT ALL ABOUT THE FREE DRINKS???

This is a smear and a tactic used by some to deprecate Diamonds. 98% of the Diamond members protesting have said time and time again that it is not JUST the complimentary drinks. I think it is disengenuous of a Diamond plusser to continue this argument. It is inflammatory and I'm not sure why it helps to accuse 98% of Diamonds of being freeloading, chairhogging drunks.

Why do Diamond plus and suite people use the lounge? Let's all be fair in our comments.

I agree - lets see what happens when RCI kick the D+'s out !!

jj......

I am Diamond Plus and have been for quite some time. We only use the lounge for drinks. That was our goal since we started cruising. That benefit for two people is probably a 50.00 per day benefit.

I know what this thread says......but for those of you have been in the lounge, you know that you have access to it 24 hours a day. Coffee is included 24 hours per day. I don't see people filling the room for the coffee. But once that liquer cabinet opens.............there is not a seat available. I don't notice a line up for coffee, only drinks.

We are just lowly Platinum but sail in suites on Royal Caribbean. On our cruises the CL has been packed for breakfast as well as drinks in the evening.

There should be a concierge available for Diamond & Diamond Plus members...this service can be near the guest relations desk or just a C&A desk for members. There is no reason to pull this perk from anyone.

I wonder how many of my fellow CL passangers have thought oh wow HE is VISIBLY ENEBRIATED THROW HIM OUT :) I will admit I enjoye the free drinks but I am also never rude in the lounge nor do I voice myself too vocally ;) I try to give people their space as well but enjoy talking to all walks of life there along with a drink or two or.... I have never been removed from any bar due to enjoying the drink...

I actually realized the morning portion of the lounge on cruises this past summer on the jewel OTS. I had a cappuccino and donut with my kids there each morning, and the Concierge then got to meet the kids (she really seemed to enjoye it too as the kids did too) she also did a great job on another cruise resolving a problem at the steiner salon in which the salon employee WAY OVERCHARGED my wife and forced the tip on the seapass... was nice to have someone on "my side" and this was the biggest loss to me along with the drinks and coffee etc...

Most of my cruises this summer are going to be on vision class ships :( so I wont notice the less till I cruise in the late summer but still....

I think what I WILL MISS THE MOST HONESTLY is the coupon book freebies ie the photo, the drink, ice cream and the match play coupons...

I am fed up of RCCL using the "current economy" as their excuse for taking away our CL etc...they have been planning changes to C&A for over a year...do they think we are all duh or what :mad:

I don't know Liz - theres something funny going on - it just doesn't make sense or else they were so stupid as to not think it through properly. I got the feeling on the phone yesterday they're taking lot of flak over the phones.

jj.....

It took a long time to get to Diamond only to have the goal post moved further away. One reason for some many Diamond members is that the program is a success. The very program that brought RCL success is being changed and thousands of Diamond members are being alienated. We have asked Princess if they will credit us for our RCL points for our switching our loyalty to Princess for our future cruises. When big business takes something away from you, don't agree with it, and don't lay down and take it. We have written RCL and told them that we have backed off on purchases onboard, purchase nothing at Labadee and Coco Cay, and whenever possible are making our own arrangements in port for tours. A 4 hours port tour that RCL charges close to $100 for, is being offered to hotel guests in port for much less for the entire day. In the past we have accepted the increases in future purchases, however, taking away Diamond benefits is over the line. It is disloyal of RCCL. We are prepared to cancel our two upcoming Innaugural Cruises and are waiting on RCCL's response to this magilla they have created.

I don't know Liz - theres something funny going on - it just doesn't make sense or else they were so stupid as to not think it through properly. I got the feeling on the phone yesterday they're taking lot of flak over the phones.

jj.....

I think the extremely short time-span (3 months) between the announcement and the changes is more evidence they are rushing into this without careful consideration.

I am fed up of RCCL using the "current economy" as their excuse for taking away our CL etc...they have been planning changes to C&A for over a year...do they think we are all duh or what :mad:

Perhaps they are referring to their personal "current economy" which took a huge hit when they ordered the two Oasis class ships?

Dave

I have finally had a response to my email I sent off the RCI UK last week…

Now I am extremely unhappy with what's been happening - not just because of the Concierge lounge debate, but of the way the whole C&A 'perks' have been either eliminated or downgraded, and how it has been handled by RCI.

I have only sailed once before on RCI and loved it. I have now booked another 3 cruises (Mariner & Oasis B2B) based on my enjoyment of the Freedom sailing.

For me, I was looking forward to being rewarded, no matter how small, as a repeat customer, and I was looking forward to all the additional perks I would receive. For me, that means I would naturally look towards a RCI cruise before another.

Now as far as I'm concerned, my repeat business and loyalty doesn't really count for anything (and I do realize I am only talking about my one previous RCI cruise as opposed to the many that the majority of people on here have done).

This is the view from somebody who is new to RCI and would have become a valued repeat cruiser.

From what I can gather, RCI have been cost cutting for some time now (No more chocolates left on pillow / no more late night buffets / No more daily or gala midnight buffets / Johnny Rockets fee increase / Late nite room service fee / No more in-cabin liquor purchase w/ fee / No more bringing wine onboard / No more morning ice service / No in-room beach towel service / charges for MDR meal options / food quality/choice seems to be deteriorating )

and me for one is asking where is this going to end......?

I book my holidays 18 months + in advance, and now all I can think of is what is going to happen between now and my Oasis sailing in 2010.

I have booked a product secure in the knowledge of what to expect, but with all these changes happening, who knows what will be next?

For me the changes are not so drastic, but as a first time repeat customer I was really looking forward to a C&A welcome back party, a C&A gift left in the stateroom (no matter how cheap or useless it was going to be).

Yes, for me RCI have great ships, and I am esp looking forward to sailing on Oasis, but I do have a feeling that my total cruising experience with RCI will now forever be a little bit tainted.

Yes, we are in an economic downturn, but surely its time to start giving something back instead of take, take, take!!!!!!!!

That was well put and new to RCCL that should get someones notice but thinik they may have their heads in the sand !!!!!!!!!

Perhaps they are referring to their personal "current economy" which took a huge hit when they ordered the two Oasis class ships?

Dave

Indeed, I think the Diamond CL elimination is some sort of short term accounting trick to put more money on the books without including any loss of revenue from the lost bookings or changes in spending habits from C&A members in an effort to avoid another credit rating downgrade. RCCL has lost its poker-face and looks scared --- their desperate actions signal great vulnerability. Unless the economy turns around quickly, it looks like very stormy seas ahead for RCCL.

jj.....

I just phoned C&A again...getting rather fed up of this carryon....and wait for this....it is expected that UK C&A members will recieve their emails with regard to the changes...within a week....same answer they told me way back when this news first came out.....oh and yea...and the delay is caused because the email has to come from Miami !!!????!!

I asked why aren't UK C&A members being sent same email as our friends across the pond...answer ..."I dont know,thats all we have been told"

I asked why aren't UK C&A members being sent same email as our friends across the pond...answer ..."I dont know,thats all we have been told"

I haven't gotten an e-mail.

Then again, I don't care. It won't tell me anything I don't already know.

I'm not across the pond, but we are across the border and I too have not received any formal notification from Royal Caribbean regarding the C&A changes.

Have other Canadians received an e-mail?

I just phoned C&A again...getting rather fed up of this carryon....and wait for this....it is expected that UK C&A members will recieve their emails with regard to the changes...within a week....same answer they told me way back when this news first came out.....oh and yea...and the delay is caused because the email has to come from Miami !!!????!!

More evidence of how hastily this hair-brained scheme was hatched by RCCL. They didn't even have emails prepared for UK customers and it appears that the ships officers (who failed to show at the C&A welcome back party following the announcement) had not been briefed on the "official response" to questions regarding the elimination of benefits. Clearly, RCCL did not have their ducks in a row. But I wonder, who is going to take responsibility for this PR disaster?

I think the extremely short time-span (3 months) between the announcement and the changes is more evidence they are rushing into this without careful consideration.

This rumor, and now actual fact has been discussed in this forum for almost 2 years. It doesn't sound like a rush without careful consideration to me. Although, the facts don't seem to impress you.

This is all about emotion... the pitchforks and torches....:rolleyes:

jc

On our recent cruise, a wedding party (at least 12 people) came into the Concierge Lounge for a drink. Is this entitlement part of the "wedding package" or did they just crash? The Concierge did not ask any of them if they were diamond or suite guests.

I haven't gotten an e-mail.

Then again, I don't care. It won't tell me anything I don't already know.

Yes we who read about it here know...but what about all those who dont read CC etc.

What about those who have booked a cruise and think they will be able to access CL and then find out when they board that they wont.

Example being..my parents are Diamond..they dont read CC...and they were getting to ready to book another RCCL cruise (3 cabins on the Med) but when I told them about the C&A changes and they said "ok we are going to look at one of the other cruiselines we have cruised on instead who do appreciate their loyal guests"

Well folks I just did it. I cancelled my July Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean D1 category cruise. I'm tired of RCCL's 10 year plus policy of take, take, take, take, take, take.

GF and I are going to Paris for the same exact week we were going to be on our cruise. I reached Diamond status to only have the goal post move further away. RCCL and cruising with them is NO LONGER A PRIORITY or our first choice. And GF and I have already decided that next cruise will be on another cruise line - we're looking for a new flavor. By my accounts that is around $7,000 that I will NOT be spending with RCCL as a Cubic Zirconia member of the Crap and Anchor society.

Well folks I just did it. I cancelled my July Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean D1 category cruise. I'm tired of RCCL's 10 year plus policy of take, take, take, take, take, take.

GF and I are going to Paris for the same exact week we were going to be on our cruise. I reached Cubic Zirconia (diamond) status to only have the goal post move further away. RCCL and cruising with them is NO LONGER A PRIORITY or our first choice. And GF and I have already decided that next cruise will be on another cruise line - we're looking for a new flavor. By my accounts that is around $7,000 that I will NOT be spending with RCCL as a Cubic Zirconia member of the Crap and Anchor society.

I'm not across the pond, but we are across the border and I too have not received any formal notification from Royal Caribbean regarding the C&A changes.

Have other Canadians received an e-mail?

We are from Canada and haven't heard anything. We are getting their weekly promotion, so they have our e-mail address.

Probably the Concierge already knew they were suite guests or C&A Diamond as you normally only have to introduce yourself at the beginning of the cruise and he/she remembers your status on later visits.

I far as I know being married on the ship doesn't give CL access. You can arrange a reception on board in one of the louges but IMO the CL is not included unless the guest qualify for that perk. Go to

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/home.do#/?detail=621&wl=0

GF and I are going to Paris for the same exact week we were going to be on our cruise. I reached Cubic Zirconia (diamond) status to only have the goal post move further away. RCCL and cruising with them is NO LONGER A PRIORITY or our first choice. And GF and I have already decided that next cruise will be on another cruise line - we're looking for a new flavor. By my accounts that is around $7,000 that I will NOT be spending with RCCL as a Cubic Zirconia member of the Crap and Anchor society.

See ya. With an attitude like that, I'm sure you will be missed ;)

This rumor, and now actual fact has been discussed in this forum for almost 2 years. It doesn't sound like a rush without careful consideration to me. Although, the facts don't seem to impress you.

jc

Wasn't it Kewlguy who "broke" the story 2 years ago and he was attacked for starting a "rumor'? No one believed him.

jc

I think it is useless to try and convince you to take your head out of the sand ;) OK, let's talk facts: It seems like with a two year lead, RCCL would have at least *appeared* prepared for the questions at the C&A parties and had letters ready for Canadian and UK customers..but they didn't. But, alas, some people are so emotionally tied to the RCCL brand, that they lost all objectivity and cling to their fuzzy feelings and blind loyalty but ignore reality. You should really try to practice what you preach :D Y

Archived