Past Guest Party

m1jones22

I have sailed on carnival 8 times, but in June i will be taking my girlfriend who is a first time cruiser. I have always traveled with past carnival guests - will she be able to go to the past guest party with me? :confused:

I have sailed on carnival 8 times, but in June i will be taking my girlfriend who is a first time cruiser. I have always traveled with past carnival guests - will she be able to go to the past guest party with me? :confused:
It's a 'Past Guest Party' so you really answered your question yourself. However, you can always take her along, and if they let her in the door, the answer would be "yes you can"!:) Naturally, you will get a lot of 'opinions' on this board concerning what everyone feels is 'right' or 'wrong'..;) Good luck..

I know that if you went to the Pursers Deck, they would give you an extra invitation, but I can not say it would happen on all ships. Some ships are very strict and they will wait by the door and grab every single invitation card.

I wouldn't risk the embarrassment at the door, she can go next year.

Fred

Watch out buddy, I had a similar thread earlier today, and I got crucified. There were some that were nice, but the majority were not... Good Luck. And I will be checking with the Pursers desk when I get on the ship about taking her, IfsheI can't go then we won't go. Good Luck, Donna

The wife and I sailed on the Triumph in 2004! We were also married on that cruise..:)

I was invited, she was not..! WE didn't go...:rolleyes:

We both are now 'past guests', and we still don't go, as we don't enjoy that many people trying to get as much FREE stuff as they can in the assigned time period..!:eek: She and I just go to the aft Lido Bar and have a nice time together.. It's what we like...:D

Watch out buddy, I had a similar thread earlier today, and I got crucified. There were some that were nice, but the majority were not... Good Luck. And I will be checking with the Pursers desk when I get on the ship about taking her, IfsheI can't go then we won't go. Good Luck, Donna

Thanks Donna, because of your thread, I have to go to Therapy again :D

Just Kidding, its a good question that is probably asked once a month and everyone has fun with it.

Since Wendy isnt into the hulla Ra Ra Ra etc. I took her invitation and took my mother-in-law with me.

Later I asked the Purser and they told me it was no problem that I could get one from them next time.

Fred

It happens to me on the Liberty Feb 28 sailing. I asked at guests relations if my roomate can go with me and they said of course. Wouldn't have did it without permission. So ask guest relation. If they did say no I will have skip it as I didn't think it was polite for my friend.

I could have sworn our past guest invites were for the named person and one guest.
Ours on the Freedom in December were specifically for each guest, both 'past guests'...:)

Mine in 2004 was for me, not my wife... 'Course the rules may have changed since then..:rolleyes:;)

Sorry, no idea who this poster is. I was simply asking a question on my post. I had no idea of the answer. I truly didn't think it would have gotten that out of hand, I am glad people were nicer to this guy than me....LOL.:D

Haha you are really something else. I'm sorry - I don't spend all of my free time looking up and down the cruise critic message board. I went to the board and posted my question (unaware of how uptight some people are on here) Thanks for inquiring about my reading skills though. Your friends over at Monsanto (whom i am sure you are aware of) gave me a pretty lucrative job, so they must have faith in my reading abilities.

Again - i would really suggest picking up some sort of hobby. Ripping on people over online message boards may be unhealthy...

No worries. ;)

Congrats on your gig with Monsanto. They seem to be the only large company here in town that has survived the "crunch".

Peace.

I actually went with my bf to HIS past guest party this past Dec. He was given permission to bring me (even though it did not say and guest on his invite) Going to the past guest party is actually why we chose to book another cruise with Carnival. I know some people get "snippy" because they think past guest should be the only ones going to it, and I don't think you should bring more than one guest, but I don't think you should have to leave behind your travelling partner.

No worries, OP. Don't let the "get off my damn lawn, you pesky kids!" types get you down. ;)

I was in the same position as your gal on my first cruise. Not only did I attend the past guest party (I supposed because I was bunked with a past guest? I was the only newbie on a cruise with a group of 10+ past guests), but I RECEIVED MY OWN INVITATION. We didn't ask for it, it was delivered with my roommate's. So the company feels it's appropriate, at least. I've heard tell that if you're worried, you can check with the purser's desk and they'll reassure you that it's fine.

Sigh. Carnival itself says it's fine to bring your SO/roomie to the past guest shindig. It's only the bunchy-panties on here that freak out about it.

:D

Sorry, no idea who this poster is. I was simply asking a question on my post. I had no idea of the answer. I truly didn't think it would have gotten that out of hand, I am glad people were nicer to this guy than me....LOL.:D

I think that the timing of your post was just lucky :rolleyes: and those people :eek: with strong convictions used up all of their energy yesterday.

Please don't take anything personally. This topic almost always winds up like your thread did. No matter what the topic is there may be major disagreements. There are a few topics where posters get rather feisty - smoking/non-smoking policies, past guest perks, tipping, smuggling booze, etc.:eek:

I used to feel that if only past guests are supposed to be at the party (since officially I believe that is the case) then newbies should not be allowed to attend. Apparently Carnival is rather loose on their own rules (varies by ship).

However, if one asks permission to bring a newbie and Carnival says OK, then it's OK.

No worries. ;)

Congrats on your gig with Monsanto. They seem to be the only large company here in town that has survived the "crunch".

Peace.

Thank You :)

I didn't mean to push any buttons. I will check with Carnival when I arrive to see what they suggest. If they show any sort of hesitation I will gladly skip out on the cheap champagne and whiskey sours in order to spend time with her!!

Thank You :)

I didn't mean to push any buttons. I will check with Carnival when I arrive to see what they suggest. If they show any sort of hesitation I will gladly skip out on the cheap champagne and whiskey sours in order to spend time with her!!

It's definitely worth going to, but after 8 of them, they can become a little redundant.

It is perfectly OK for you to bring your guest along. I believe my invites always stated: "you and a guest are invited..." I have never had any problems with my guests joining me at the party. Even when they are not past guests of Carnival. So, have a great time!

It is perfectly OK for you to bring your guest along. I believe my invites always stated: "you and a guest are invited..." I have never had any problems with my guests joining me at the party. Even when they are not past guests of Carnival. So, have a great time!

IF the invitation did say, "and guest," I would totally agree with you. Many have said that before, but when a photo of the invite is posted, it DOES NOT say, "and guest."

Dan

Archived