Free Airfare or ???

CCKelly

Does anyone know what the savings is for not using the free airfare offered by Regent (that is, if you have enough FF miles). I believe the Regent website mentions somewhere that you save $1500 per person for Asia cruises, but I cannot find anything about the Mediterranian cruises.

Does anyone know what the savings is for not using the free airfare offered by Regent (that is, if you have enough FF miles). I believe the Regent website mentions somewhere that you save $1500 per person for Asia cruises, but I cannot find anything about the Mediterranian cruises.

For our Med cruise in August, we received an $800.00 per person credit and of course we saved the $270.00 fee for the airline & Gov taxes that is assessed for each ticket. Basically, by using their air, it is costing $1070.00 per ticket. Another thing to consider is that when you use FF Miles, you must find your own transfers to and from the port.

If your cabin category is high enough to get Business Class air, the credit is $2500. per person.

We recently opted out of free air for our 2010 cruise (Alaska). Our TA explained that the per person credit amount was dependent upon the ports you were flying to/from. It makes sense to have less of a credit going to Florida, for instance, that flying to Rio.

What itinerary is that?

Hi Wendy,

We just booked today on the April 7th cruise from Monte Carlo to Venice on the Mariner. I really liked the itinerary. It's our first cruise with Regent and we're very excited.

Sue

Thanks for all the replies. I'm sure a travel agent will know for sure, and I can get it priced both ways. But assuming it's $800 for 2010 Med cruises at least that gives me a good idea when browsing through the RSSC web site what to expect for final price.

Hi Wendy,

We just booked today on the April 7th cruise from Monte Carlo to Venice on the Mariner. I really liked the itinerary. It's our first cruise with Regent and we're very excited.

Sue

Wow, nice. How the heck did you get that price? The price I see on the website starts at $4795. Presumably that's with the air, but still.

Wow, nice. How the heck did you get that price? The price I see on the website starts at $4795. Presumably that's with the air, but still.

Wendy, I think you just misread the post. The only price mammel123 cited was how much was *saved* by not using Regent air: "paid a total of $1265 incl. taxes less than with air." That's not the cruise price. Figure $1,000 air credit, plus $265 in air taxes Regent would have added on (that may not be the exact breakdown, but you get the idea).

If the cruise price itself was only $1,265, even without air, we should all be booking today! ;)

-- Eric

Wendy, I too have booked on that one- April 7th on Mariner( 2010). The air credit was 1000 on the quoted price. April is a tad early but I loved the itinerary and at least its not yet cottage time so we arent losing out on that. The price for 10 days is an excellent value given its all inclusive with excursions as well.

Sue, hope to meet on the cruise.

Miriam

Miriam, I know what you mean. We too have avoided booking cruises in the summer the past few years precisely because we have a cottage, so why not enjoy it. I think it will be lovely, I'm sure the weather in April will be really pleasant, and there will be no crowds.

I an thinking of booking this cruise we would be leaving from New York City what kind of suit would you recommend aDeluxe Suite or a Penthouse Suite it is our first time on Regent

I an thinking of booking this cruise we would be leaving from New York City what kind of suit would you recommend aDeluxe Suite or a Penthouse Suite it is our first time on Regent

This is not an easy call. Regent suites on the Voyager and Navigator are the largest "Deluxe Suites" (aka regular cabins) of any cruise line. However, the Mariner is 50 square feet smaller than her sister ships. Still, they are lovely suites -- all with balconies.

The Penthouse suites on the Mariner are very large (unlike on the other two ships where the Penthouse suites are either the same size or slightly larger than Deluxe Suites). So, if you are looking for a large suite, go with a Penthouse. Personally, I would not pay extra for a Butler but would pay extra for more room.

Another consideration is how long the cruise is. 7 night cruises are easy in a Deluxe Suite. . . . . port intensive cruises are as well since people spend more time in port than on the ship.

Hope I didn't confuse the issue too much;) You can't really go wrong on a Regent ship. . . . there are choices that should meet everyone's requirements.

Archived