REVIEW 4/5/09 Splendor to Mexican Riviera

mistyinca

Self-assist debarking began at 9:30, so if you do that, you should have no problem getting a 12:30 flight. Otherwise, I'd plan on flying out a couple hours past that. We were on the verandah deck, and our debark number was zone 33. We actually started leaving when they called up to 27, and after getting our bags loaded into the car and leaving the whole complex, it was 11:30am. With a drive to LAX, check-in etc., I don't think you could realistically be on-time for a 12:30 flight.

This is great information...Thanks!:) Do you have any idea what the procedure was for people who purchased a Carnival Transfer to LAX? We have a 2:30 flight, and I think that's going to be the easiest thing to do.

Thanks for sharing all of these pictures, Misty! Looks like you guys had a great time!

How was the weather??

The weather was perfect except for the last day, Saturday. I was planning on going up on deck and laying in the sun, but it was cold and very windy. The rest of the week was gorgeous.

OK, I'm going to see if this works. I put the first day's capers in .pdf format. If it works to upload here, I'll do the rest the same way...

capers4_5_09.pdf

OK, if you click on this, it will download the file, but I don't think it automatically opens in adobe. You'll have to find where you save it and open it. It will take time to get the rest scanned.

Hi Mistyinca

Thanks for the review and taking the time post. We will be on the SPLENDOR on June 9 reurning on 6/14. Wondering what time they begin disembarkation and if 12:30 PM flight from LAX is too early given that you didn't get off until almost 11. Were you flying home? Thanks for your help.

Deck Chair

Deck Chair,

If you are on the June 7 sailing. Come join our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=798179

OK, I'm going to see if this works. I put the first day's capers in .pdf format. If it works to upload here, I'll do the rest the same way...

[ATTACH]113614[/ATTACH]

OK, if you click on this, it will download the file, but I don't think it automatically opens in adobe. You'll have to find where you save it and open it. It will take time to get the rest scanned.

I noticed that there was only one show that night at 10:15. Was that like that the rest of the cruise?

Hi Mistyinca

Thanks for the review and taking the time post. We will be on the SPLENDOR on June 9 reurning on 6/14. Wondering what time they begin disembarkation and if 12:30 PM flight from LAX is too early given that you didn't get off until almost 11. Were you flying home? Thanks for your help.

Deck Chair

If you have an early flight they will give you one of the 1st numbers so you get off earlier.

More I want more Capers I need lots of capers please more I cant get enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D:D

They're coming. :) They just take a long time. I have to scan each page on my other computer, crop, resize, save. Email to this computer, insert into a word doc, then save as a .pdf and upload.

Hi Misty - Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you had a nice time overall but sorry to hear about the teen club for one of your sons.

I'd like to suggest something regarding the Teen Clubs. While we do not have a teen we do have a DD6 who has been to Camp Carnival many times. What I would suggest doing on your next cruise (hee hee knowing that you will be cruising again...) is to visit the Carnival Counselors on your first evening of the cruise. There is usually an orientation for the younger kids but also the counselors are available. I'd suggest talking to one of the lead counselors on the first night about your son's Aspergers. The counselors maybe receptive to preparing activities that will be sufficient for your son and/or at least aware of the situation ahead of time.

Hope this helps.

Misty:
It appears that the main shows were staggered for both dining groups, is that correct. For example, one night the late eating group would have to go at 10:30 and then the next night they would go early at 7:00? Hope that is the case...anyway.

Misty,

Thanks for working so hard to get this information posted so quickly...I know you must be tired from your week at sea...

My wife, and two sons (17 and 20) and I will be on the June 7th sailing and we are enjoying hearing all about your experiences!

Thanks again,

David

Archived