Swine flu updates from Cruise Critic

Does anyone have any idea if this date is going to get changed like the rest? I have been checking the website and it hasn't been updated since the 4th?:confused:

I can hope it doesn't change even though a longer cruise would be great if you could get it! We are going on the Fantasy June 18th so hopefully when you find out if you go regularly scheduled then we will know if ours is! My friend got an email from Carnival saying her dolphin swim encounter in Cozumel was cancelled for the cruise you are going on so who knows.

I just got an email from Carnival about a sale on Caribbean cruises. I of course started looking through them to see if there were any Mexico ports listed in any of them. They actually have them listed in the Western cruise starting on June 21st on the Glory, the Valor, the Legend, and the Liberty. Nothing in Mexico prior to the 21st. Could it be that they will finally let us back into Mexico. We are scheduled on The Splendor on July 5th. I read on a Mexico tourism site today that the president of Mexico is doing everything that he can to get the tourist back in the country.

We are on the June 22nd sailing, I think it's iffy. I thought they would be opened back up by then but they may keep them stopped until no new US cases show up. With the new one on RCCL it may keep ports closed. I haven't heard of any new cases in MX but I haven't been following it too closely anymore. They may just play it safe and keep MX off the ports until this goes away, if it does.

We are on the June 22nd sailing, I think it's iffy. I thought they would be opened back up by then but they may keep them stopped until no new US cases show up. With the new one on RCCL it may keep ports closed. I haven't heard of any new cases in MX but I haven't been following it too closely anymore. They may just play it safe and keep MX off the ports until this goes away, if it does.

I was reading that it may take about 2 years for this thing to cycle out, so surely they will get us back in Mexico well before then.

If I were you, I'd plan on your regularly scheduled ports for that voyage. We are on the Ecstasy on that same date.

As much as I would LOVE my 5 day to be a 7 day and get to visit Jamaica and Grand Caymans, my gut tells me it aint gonna happen. At least I'll be on a cruise ship, that is all that matters to me.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, where ever it might take you.:)

I guess we are on your cruise. We were originally going on the 8th but when it was changed to the 6th we couldn't leave due to HS graduation. Mad because we would have had the 7 day.

I just got an email from Carnival about a sale on Caribbean cruises. I of course started looking through them to see if there were any Mexico ports listed in any of them. They actually have them listed in the Western cruise starting on June 21st on the Glory, the Valor, the Legend, and the Liberty. Nothing in Mexico prior to the 21st. Could it be that they will finally let us back into Mexico. We are scheduled on The Splendor on July 5th. I read on a Mexico tourism site today that the president of Mexico is doing everything that he can to get the tourist back in the country.

I am on the same cruise. We were on the 31st of May sailing, but obviously rescheduled that one. I too am thinking that we might get to go to Mexico. Positive thoughts can't hurt!

Carnival may be rescheduling the Fantasy to 7 day cruises for the month of June. The Key West cruise calendar is now showing the Fantasy in that port every Monday in June. Hopefully, a Carnival update is forthcoming. We are currently scheduled for the June 22 cruise.

Carnival has posted a new update this afternoon. Unfortunately, they aren't posting new itinerary changes until Thursday, May 21. The Holiday May 28 cruise is the only one directly addressed. So we wait.

They have the Holiday leaving on 5-28-09 going to Cozumel again on the new itenerary and the 6-1-09 Holiday going to Cozumel and I think Calica. We are going on the conquest 5-31-09 so I hope we get to go to Cozumel too.

Was the Holiday rerouted and now is being routed back to Cozumel?

Mexico is back on schedule next month, after the altered itineraries are done.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/itinerary_updates.aspx

I just read that too. Hurts my feelings a bit as we are on one of the altered itineraries, going to Key West instead of Coz :( Our Coz day is now a sea day, maybe we can just talk the Captain into taking us anyway, LOL

We're sailing 5-31-09 I hope we get Cozumel back they just took Cozumel off and gave us another day at sea. It would be easy to add it back.

Someone on another board said she called Carnival about this (about the Legend) and they told her the new itineraries were set in stone and it would be "too much effort" to change them back. I think Carnival got ahead of themselves on this. I wish they hadn't changed their plans so far out. I also feel bad for the locals who are needing the income!

Someone on another board said .. "too much effort" to change them back. quote]

I don't see how anyone can blame Carnival for not wanting to change the iternaries back. I can envision cries demanding credit for folks who paid $300 for a 7-day cruise to Seattle and Vancouver. They would say Carnival Screwed them because the would not offer them a credit for going to the Mexican Riviera when they put in writing they would do somthing else.

Then Carnival would have to deal with the folks that cancelled when the original change was announced. Some of these folks would scream "not fair" because they could not get their cabin back (because those big meanies at Carnival didn't use thier crystal ball and sold it for half price).

So, rather than do something that makes sense for most, Carnival does nothing in order not to PO the few. We're getting what we demanded - a cruise line afraid to "Make Waves."

Someone on another board said .. "too much effort" to change them back. quote]

I don't see how anyone can blame Carnival for not wanting to change the iternaries back. I can envision cries demanding credit for folks who paid $300 for a 7-day cruise to Seattle and Vancouver. They would say Carnival Screwed them because the would not offer them a credit for going to the Mexican Riviera when they put in writing they would do somthing else.

Then Carnival would have to deal with the folks that cancelled when the original change was announced. Some of these folks would scream "not fair" because they could not get their cabin back (because those big meanies at Carnival didn't use thier crystal ball and sold it for half price).

So, rather than do something that makes sense for most, Carnival does nothing in order not to PO the few. We're getting what we demanded - a cruise line afraid to "Make Waves."

Your points are very valid and I wouldn't expect Carnival to modify the cruises from the Pacific Coast. What I was hoping is that the cruisers who were just going to be circling around in the ocean would get to go ahead and stop in Coz as previously planned.

THen you'd have the people that are still freaked over swine flu throwing a fit. They would say the only reason they booked the cheap cruise was because they weren't going to MX. Carnival would be trying to kill them.

Any itinerary change back would be a nightmare.

THen you'd have the people that are still freaked over swine flu throwing a fit. They would say the only reason they booked the cheap cruise was because they weren't going to MX. Carnival would be trying to kill them.

Any itinerary change back would be a nightmare.

Yes I agree, Carnival would then have to give them a chance to change their cruise as they have been doing with these others. But it seems RCCL isn't worried about it, they have switched back to stopping in Coz starting with their May 24th sailings. :confused:

I know people that jumped on our cruise because it was almost half of what I paid not the itenerary. The loyal ones that stayed and are circling the ocean should get their stop back! If the Holiday can stop there 2 times before we should be there let us stop carnival.

Actually Carnival is doing the right thing at least as far as the Splendor this time around.......since now everyone had enough time to cancel, change or stay and get obc.......plus selling cabins for dirt cheap for PNW........people this time around are actually getting what they paid for;)

I think Carnival, as well as the other cruise lines, were caught in a bad situation. No matter what they did or will do will not make everyone happy. They were pretty well forced into their actions when it was declared that non-essential travel to Mexico should be curtailed. I thought the whole world was over reacting but then again I am the consumate optimist.

I was on the last Splendor cruise to get into Mexico and now tomorrow leave on the Splendor to do the PNW cruise at a very good rate. For me it worked out great but know others were upset. I can see why, but I don't think Carnival is to blame.

Archived