Hotel suggestions for Tampa

lambcom

Thanks, Jessemon! :) I was hoping it was easy! Easy, I like! I think I will probably book the Fairfield Inn-it has gotten a couple of good reviews on this thread. I'm still weighing my options, though, The Marriott Waterside has a AAA price of $135 and it would be great to stay there! Do you know if you have to do valet parking there, or do they have parking on-site?

Also, I'm wondering about the Columbia. If we get there early enough, it sound like it would be fun. How expensive are the prices there? I've seen several posts that say it's not bad, but can anyone give me an idea of the price ranges?

Hey, cool! I just noticed that I got post 1300!! That has to be some kind of record for a thread on this site!

Parking is across the street...last I knew. Been two years since I've stayed there. They will valet park the car.

The nice thing is that you were driving anyways so yoou can drive the car...15 seconds too the port and drop off the luggage. Then park across the street in the garage for $12.00 a day.

The Columbia is a must for anyony coming to Tampa.

If you want to see the menu Google Columbia restaurant Tampa.......

• 3 weeks later...

Booked the Doubletree 9/8 for $71 --- includes shuttle from airport and to pier. :) Thanks all for this thread --- I'm hoping since this is a "Hilton brand" that it will be a really good hotel. Seems to get good reviews.

Quick question. Since we will be driving into Tampa for our cruise, does the Doubletree allow parking at the hotel for the week we will be on the cruise? Thanks

I was thinking about staying at the Double Tree myself. It looks clean & is very reasonable. Did you have to pay more for the shuttle from the airport & then to the pier OR was that included??

I booked it for pre-Legend in Aug. It was 79. total on their website. The shuttle from airport and to cruise is free. We are on our own getting to airport after cruise. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I noticed that several new threads have been started concerning info on Tampa hotels, etc., and felt that this thread is so valuable that it needed to get back on page one.

A bunch of us have reserved the Westshore (formerly Best Western) next April for $69. It is hard to find them on the web. I think we had to query Best Western and eventually got there.

We had lunch at the steakhouse at that motel and it was good, but have not tried it for dinner. There will likely be a oouple dozen of us and we thought we would eat there and then maybe waddle to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Can anyone give us some feedback on the steakhouse?

I am hoping Tampa Bay is playing at home while we are there. Is it easy to get the the stadium via bus? I assume the games do not usually sell out.

As always, thanks to all those who have made this one of the best threads on CC.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Quick question. Since we will be driving into Tampa for our cruise, does the Doubletree allow parking at the hotel for the week we will be on the cruise? Thanks

Yes, you just need to sign up for their ship to shore package or the other way around.

jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wvufan - I haven't been to the Durango Steakhouse at that hotel, but have been to another. It was OK, but I didn't think it was as good as Outback. There's another steakhouse nearby, but no doubt more expensive - Charley's on 4444 W Cypress St (Cypress just to the E. of Westshore Blvd.). Durango isn't bad for the price though, and you'll have some bucks left for the Cheesecake Factor. Or, y'all could just eat at Cheesecake too for main meal and desserts. If you do that, you will certainly need the walk back to the hotel. :)

Don't count on getting walk-up bucks tickets, unless you manage to get a few from scalpers or someone trying to unload some tickets near the gate. Even though they haven't been Super Bowl material for a couple of years, they have continued to do a good business. Check out ticket sites on the Internet or check the Bucs home page for tickets.

Have fun on your cruise!

Ken

Oops, I missed the April thing (At least I have the info there for fall cruisers:rolleyes: ). No shortage of Devil Rays seats, plenty for bus loads of folks, for sure - decent prices too. Getting there by bus from Tampa might be a problem though, but I've never researched it. There is a Pinellas/Hillsborough commuter bus, but I don't know the details, and how close it would get them to the Tropicana Dome.

Ken

Thanks guys!:)

The reason we were asking about the Durango is that many of us are staying at the Westshore (we were there in April and it was fine for the money) and we thought that logistically it would be easier to eat there. As long as it's decent food, we're fine-it's not like we will be going hungry the next two weeks on the back to back;) .

We ate at the CF last time, but there were only 12 of us. They don't take reservations and it was a bit of a wait. This time there may be about 20 of us, so will give the Durango a try.

Muchas Gracias,

OOOEEE :D :D Bob and Phyl

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading this thread for a year and even gave a review of the comfort inn RJ stadium so bear with me. I cannot seem to find Comfort Suites Adamo Dr. I just saw a great deal for this property and was wondering if it is ok for one night just to sleep and how much a taxi would be from Airport and to the port? Thanks for any help

• 3 weeks later...
Do you know anything about Comfort Suites Adamo Dr.?

This property appears to be just east of I-75 on Rt 60/Adamo. I would saay actually in Brandon. Mall would be very close with many places to eat near there also. It is going to be in an area that is very mall area. Strip centers...all the usual eateries....that type of thing.

Area should be safe and lots to do....Haven't been out that way in a while...

Hope this helps...

Are you driving or flying into Tampa.....???????

Very important question.......

Dear Jessemon, we are flying, why is it important. How far from the airport is it to the comfort suites?

About 18 miles then you have to get back to the port....about 8 miles...

Cab fare is going to kill you...

Check out Chase Suites near the airpot.

It is on this thread with many people loving it.

They (with the right package) will pick you up at the airport then take you to the ship and redeliver to the airport when you get back.......;)

Dear Jessemon,

I got this hotel for 11 dollars how much would cab fare be?

$11.00 for a room.....Hmmmmm....I'd say misprint and would go for a confirmation on that.......;)

Cab from my house to the airport is about $25.00 including tip. That would be 6 miles......:eek:

Now do times 2 at least and now half that to get back to the port...then back to the airport......

I would say cab fare is going to run you between $80.00 To $90.00 total.

I know it is a typo but it is still on their site right now for all dates i check It should be 111 dollars . I have a confirmation number so we shall see. It is not till next summer so i will call and figure it out soon. My guess they will cancel it. Worth a try. What about a car service?

Jessemon - Hi there. I see you are frequenting the thread these days. Hope all is well. I have a B2B on Glory coming up at the end of Nov.

While a decent hotel in a nice area (shopping, restaurants), that Comfort Suites on Adamo Drive is like, on the other side of the world from the Tampa airport. You can find nice places to stay on the airport side of town, so why waste money on taxi fares???

There are Hampton Inn's, Double Tree, Holiday Inn Express, Chase Suites, Springhill Suites, Sailport Resort, and more, on the W side of town closer to the airport.

$11 sounds too good to be true, and you will probably lose a lot of what you saved just on taxi fares.

By the way - for folks driving into Tampa, planning to park at the port, the Adamo Drive area is not a bad idea. For fliers, not so good.

Ken

Thanks everyone. I think I might rent a car, not sure. I will not cancel my 11 dollar reservation yet but might check other locations vs drive time. I called and they said i could keep the 11 dollar deal but if i waste the time and money on transport it may not be worth it.

Thanks again everyone.