Hotel suggestions for Tampa

lambcom

Pegasusa:

I am one that stayed in the new Holiday Inn on Dale Mabry in Nov. I wrote about my satifactory stay a few pages back on this thread. No problems.

Both motels also have a shuttle to the pier for $5.00pp. (We shared the same van). Both motels are under the same management (owner).

I believe the Comfort Inn is a little cheaper. The HI is a non-smoking motel.

If you have any other questions, just post them and I will try to answer them about these two motels.:D

I was on Zenith for 14 days in Nov. Sure hate to see her go. You will enjoy your cruise with such a great staff and crew. Deb C.:cool:

Hi all!

What a great thread! So much information. We are researching a cruise on Zenith in late March/early April. We'd like to spend a couple of days pre-cruise in Clearwater and maybe catch a spring training game. We've been to the beach before but never stayed in the area.

I'd appreciate any advice on the Hampton Inn on US 19, the Comfort Suites on Edgewater Dr and the Radisson on US 19. I quickly scanned through all 61 pages, but I might have missed if these hotels were mentioned before.

It could be an interesting perspective of the ship from C'side!

Did you rebook your cruise with the Piano Man yet?

Happy new year to all -

Liz

You're welcome Liz.

No on the rebooking with the piano man

I might not cruise til Oct. now. Beleive it or not I am still having lingering effects from that skin breakout I had that caused me to cancel that cruise.

Now it is a run around with the insurance company.:mad:

But I'll get it cleared up. Cracker ken gave me a way to approach it if they don't start moving along....:)

Stop on my singles thread again and give it a bump.

Jeff

Sailing out of Tampa Feb. 9. Night before is booked at ESA Tampa for $112.00 plus tax. Free suttle from airport, but $10.00 per peson to pier. Told that taxi from pier is about $25.00, equals about $160.00.Does anyone know if these transpo figures are accurate? If not, Holdiay Express Tampa is offering airport to hotel; hotel to pier; and pier to airport for $159.00 plus tax so I figure about $175.00 with taxes. Any input would be appreciated.Really hate to pay so much to get to the cruise, but live in upstate NY and don't dare to fly down on cruise day.

We are flying in from San Diego and won't arrive until 11pm the night before we cruise. It's me, dd. ds and dd's bf. I'm looking for a reasonable hotel that will pick us up and shuttle us to the ship the next morning. Also looking for something with a store for soda & wine close (maybe walking distance).

We don't depart until 3:30 the day we return. Should I rent a car? Get the shuttle to the airport( hotel provides maybe) go to the aquarium.. Any suggestions are helpful.

This is our fist cruise to the carribean so we are excited. Want the kids to have a good time!

Thanks & Happy Cruising!

Donna

Sailing out of Tampa Feb. 9. Night before is booked at ESA Tampa for $112.00 plus tax. Free suttle from airport, but $10.00 per peson to pier. Told that taxi from pier is about $25.00, equals about $160.00.Does anyone know if these transpo figures are accurate? If not, Holdiay Express Tampa is offering airport to hotel; hotel to pier; and pier to airport for $159.00 plus tax so I figure about $175.00 with taxes. Any input would be appreciated.Really hate to pay so much to get to the cruise, but live in upstate NY and don't dare to fly down on cruise day.

Which Embassy are you staying at ?

That info would help.

Where are you from in upstate by the way ?

We are flying in from San Diego and won't arrive until 11pm the night before we cruise. It's me, dd. ds and dd's bf. I'm looking for a reasonable hotel that will pick us up and shuttle us to the ship the next morning. Also looking for something with a store for soda & wine close (maybe walking distance).

We don't depart until 3:30 the day we return. Should I rent a car? Get the shuttle to the airport( hotel provides maybe) go to the aquarium.. Any suggestions are helpful.

This is our fist cruise to the carribean so we are excited. Want the kids to have a good time!

Thanks & Happy Cruising!

Donna

Donna,

There are many ideas of places to stay on this thread. Many people have helped...which you can tell by the size of it. I always suggest going back 15 to 20 pages and see if that helps. If a question is needed after that that has not been answered...we can help.

Once you find where you want to stay we can also tell you what is near by if it doesn't say.

On the multi posting...the next time you get a white page...do what I do.

Go back to home if refresh doesn't work and bring up Cruise Critic.

It seems alot of people are having problems with this today because the board is running slow.:mad: If you keep clicking it keeps posting the same post.

Jeff

I would like some info on the Port of Tampa. We are staying with friends in Tampa the night before our cruise on the Zenith in February. They have offered to drop us off and pick us up but I don't want to inconvenience them. Dropping us off shouldn't be a problem but is there a place they can wait for us to disembark upon our return?

I would like some info on the Port of Tampa. We are staying with friends in Tampa the night before our cruise on the Zenith in February. They have offered to drop us off and pick us up but I don't want to inconvenience them. Dropping us off shouldn't be a problem but is there a place they can wait for us to disembark upon our return?

You are lucky to have friends that will join in your cruise excitement!

To answer your question...yes!! yes!! and yes!!

The port is set up right next to Channelside. It is a wonderful area full of shops and restaurants right on the water. Also, on the other side is the Florida Aquarium. Great place!

So, while your friends are having fun w/o you walking around Channelside, you can take your time in the debarkation lines!!

I say take them up on their offer! They will have fun!

You are lucky to have friends that will join in your cruise excitement!

To answer your question...yes!! yes!! and yes!!

The port is set up right next to Channelside. It is a wonderful area full of shops and restaurants right on the water. Also, on the other side is the Florida Aquarium. Great place!

So, while your friends are having fun w/o you walking around Channelside, you can take your time in the debarkation lines!!

I say take them up on their offer! They will have fun!

Got my vote...Chomper did! He is so adorable...I just lost my maltese, Bianca this past Sept. after only 8 years and I miss her so! They truly are the best companion dogs...and he looks like a real lovable one!! Too cute!!

The question would be where do they live in Tampa ? They might just live a few minutes away for when you debark.

Someone suggested they hang at Channelside. The thing is you will be in port and debarking long before most of Channelside is open.

Just give me an idea of where they live (area) and I can give you an idea of how long it will take them to get there to pick you up.

Also...what day (monday or friday) do you get back in port.

What I've did in the past, when picking up my wife and mother-in-law, is find me a place to park somewhere on that corner of town. I get there about 8 with a cup of coffee, some donuts, and a newspaper, and wait. When they get off, they call on the cell phone and I slide in and pick them up. I was picking them up on Saturday's though. There's plenty of spots around that side of town where you can pull off of the road for a while with no problem, like at closed businesses and such. On a weekday, it could certainly be different. Still, if things are closed around there, they could park in the parking garage at Channelside, do some reading, listen to some tunes, etc, until you call them for pickup.

Ken

Jesse, am not booked at Embassy, am at Extended Stay onN. Westshore.

Am from central NY, the Syracuse area.

The figures on getting to the port and the from the port to the airport are about right. If you scan back a bit on this thread there is alot of info on a place called Chase Suites. Many people have been very happy with this place. Restaurant next door that has music atnight and decent food. Called the Bahama Breeze. They have transport from airport to hotel...to pier...then pier to airport for that type of price. It sits right on the water right on top of Tampa bay. It is about 20 mins. from the pier.

By the way...I am origanally from Binghamton and lived here in Tampa for 20 yrs.:)

Jeff

Jessemon, my friends actually live in Valrico. I understand that is about 20-30 mins away. We return to port on a Monday. My husband can't walk any distance so I guess what I want to know is if they can pull right up to the port to pick us up? We can call them to give them an approximate time.

Thanks Jeff,

Problem solved. Will be staying at Embassy for free. Been racking up HH points for over 20 years and never realized it. I have millions of points. So since I can stay for free, and just pay transport, it's the better deal yet.

Jessemon, my friends actually live in Valrico. I understand that is about 20-30 mins away. We return to port on a Monday. My husband can't walk any distance so I guess what I want to know is if they can pull right up to the port to pick us up? We can call them to give them an approximate time.

That is the way to do it. They can pull up right at the terminal. Have a great cruise.

Thanks Jeff,

Problem solved. Will be staying at Embassy for free. Been racking up HH points for over 20 years and never realized it. I have millions of points. So since I can stay for free, and just pay transport, it's the better deal yet.

There is a new Embassy Suites right downtown across from the convention center. There is a trolly and many things to do nearby.

I like the old saying..."If it's for free...it's for me":D

• 2 weeks later...

Jessemon - Hi there. Yes, I guess it gets a little ways down the list and people miss the thread. When you think about it, is there a question anyone can ask about Tampa (airport, hotels, restaurants, port, etc), that hasn't been asked and answered here at least twice (if not many more times than that)? For many, I think it's "See thread, hit reply, ask question" without reading. I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that, but it's obvious. Reading this entire thread is indeed a task, for sure, but the info is here. Maybe I need to take a break from messing around with Photoshop one night and create an index. Then, I can get the host to post it at the stop of the thread as a sticky note or something like that. I think the index will fit into one post. I'll fix it where the index refers to post numbers instead of page numbers, since the page numbers are relative to the settings people use. I'll be in touch.

Ken

Jessemon - Hi there. Yes, I guess it gets a little ways down the list and people miss the thread. When you think about it, is there a question anyone can ask about Tampa (airport, hotels, restaurants, port, etc), that hasn't been asked and answered here at least twice (if not many more times than that)? For many, I think it's "See thread, hit reply, ask question" without reading. I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that, but it's obvious. Reading this entire thread is indeed a task, for sure, but the info is here. Maybe I need to take a break from messing around with Photoshop one night and create an index. Then, I can get the host to post it at the stop of the thread as a sticky note or something like that. I think the index will fit into one post. I'll fix it where the index refers to post numbers instead of page numbers, since the page numbers are relative to the settings people use. I'll be in touch.

Ken

The question is Ken...will some folks take the time to read the index you take all the time to make...LOL...it is a microwave society anymore. I want it and I want it now...damn it.....

I just see a thread that opens about and if the question has been answered 25 times...I am just refering them to this thread. But last week I did this with more than one person. Hope they checked it out.

The funny thing on these boards is that in the search area you can put in keywords and get the answer to most questions. But then again...you have to read and dig a little. The other funny thing about the keyword area is it only goes to areas on the cruiseline boards...nowhere else. So if someone enters Chase Suites they are looking at only that area and not the hotel /area (Gulfcoast) threads. maybe I'll send a note to Laura S. on that.

Will talk soon. We still need to get together. Football season is now over.

Jeff