Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

Mick70 Suggest you email Seabourn Club for clarification seabournclub@seabour.com. Logic dictates that it should mean "book and pay for" by the expiry date as you can only activate it once you have paid you final invoice. However, logic does not always seem to prevail with some decisions that emanate from Seattle! Good luck.

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Seabourn concerning a referral certificate.

The referral certificate expires after two years from the date of issuance. You must have a booked sailing by the end of the two years to apply the certificate to or it will expire.

As for your example, you would be able to apply a referral certificate that expires in August 2015 on to a reservation that sails on October 11, 2015. You will just need to have that referral certificate applied to the reservation prior to the end of August 2015.

Please note if you cancel the reservation which has the referral certificate applied after the expiration date. You would lose the referral certificate due to the expiration date.

Once you have a booking made, please mail the certificate back to us with your booking number. Again, we will check the booking to ensure the cruise fare promotion is combinable with the referral certificate.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Kind Regards,

I'm a bit confused by the last three posts. I can't find any reference to an Expiration Date on the referral coupon itself or on the letter it was sent with. Can someone please clarify whether the coupons expire?

Claudia - are you perhaps looking at the blank referral coupons sent to you by Seabourn? Once you have completed one of these with the details of somebody else who is a first time Seabourn cruiser you receive back a $400 referral gift certificate which you can then use on a future cruise. That coupon expires two years after it is issued.

We have a Referral Coupon for a first time Seabourn cruiser who has either paid their balance or will be doing so by the end of March. You must also be sailing before the end of May so that we both receive $400 OBC!

Please either post your email address or send me a PM so that I can take a note of your details and then I shall be happy to send the Coupon to Seabourn.

UK based people, do you get your coupons from Southampton or email Seabourn Club and wait for them to come from Seattle?

I rang SB UK yesterday who said I would need to request them from the Club; to be fair, the person I spoke to didn't really seem to know what I was talking about. I'm just about to email SB Club now, but would prefer to get the coupons from the UK office if possible as we have often have issues with post coming in from the US and just to speed things up.

I order from Seattle, and always ask them to send four. I then reorder when I have two left as that allows them about twelve months to dispatch if necessary!

When completing a referral however I send it Royal Mail "signed for" delivery to Southampton and send a scanned copy to Seattle with an email asking Southampton to confirm to me and Seattle when they receive it.

Works very well - and if anybody tries to claim it did not arrive you have the scanned date, time and signature to confirm it did!

Hello Sandyruns,

I came to know of referral coupon from Seabourn Roll Calls. Was directed to this forum.

We are first time with Seabourn, sailing 34 days March 15 from Singapore to Athens, if you still have referral coupon we would be glad to receive it, however, we already paid all will it still be valid in our case.

Will email you with more details.

Thank you

Ingniren

I order from Seattle, and always ask them to send four. I then reorder when I have two left as that allows them about twelve months to dispatch if necessary!

When completing a referral however I send it Royal Mail "signed for" delivery to Southampton and send a scanned copy to Seattle with an email asking Southampton to confirm to me and Seattle when they receive it.

Works very well - and if anybody tries to claim it did not arrive you have the scanned date, time and signature to confirm it did!

Thank you. I've just emailed Seattle so will give it a week or so and then harass the postman daily!

I've seen conflicting information on this thread about completing the referrals.

My initial understanding was that when I receive the coupon I will send it on to the recipient.

However, I've seen posts on this thread that mention the referrer taking name,address and booking number details from the newbie to fill out the referall and sending the coupon back to SB direct. Not sure I'm comfortable asking someone I barely know to share their booking number with me.

I'm certain that when we were given a coupon for our first SB cruise I received the coupon from the referrer, completed it myself and sent it to Southampton.