Favorite Crew members OTHER than CD

Gbeman

I am still in touch with Simone. She is currently at home in Australia. I'll pass on your comment if you don't mind. She is a Gem indeed!!

Gary P

Please do share with her and send her my best... not sure she'll remember me, but I was the GF of the piano bar entertainer on the Royal in Dec 08! She was simply brilliant and a class act! Will she be returning to the shipboard life?

Take care,

Mia aka Venusbello

Don't remember her last name but sailed back in 2004-2005 on the Sapphire (3 times) and the Assistant Cruise Director was named Donna - a blond gal. She was fantastic. Just sailed the Sapphire in December and was hoping she might still be around but no. Also, sailed with Assistant Cruise Director, Wenty from Australia back then and he was great too.

Just off the Island two weeks ago; you want to see Johannes in the photo shop. He was yummy.:D

Darn, and here I am booked on the Royal instead.

Maybe we should start a new thread: "Please List the Eye Candy on Every Ship"!

Just off the Island two weeks ago; you want to see Johannes in the photo shop. He was yummy.:D

PartyBarbie, we meet again in yet another thread! :D

I have to ask, was the Johannes you speak of about 5'8", muscular with a tatoo of some rather lethal looking claws on his arm (from South Africa, if memory serves?) Just so happens we've had this gentleman on 2 cruises in the past couple years. Nice guy, good photographer (especially for groups), and ... um ... as you say ... yummy. ;)

PartyBarbie, we meet again in yet another thread! :D

I have to ask, was the Johannes you speak of about 5'8", muscular with a tatoo of some rather lethal looking claws on his arm (from South Africa, if memory serves?) Just so happens we've had this gentleman on 2 cruises in the past couple years. Nice guy, good photographer (especially for groups), and ... um ... as you say ... yummy. ;)

This hottie was also from South Africa, however he was 6'2" with brown hair and blue eyes. I have decided that if I am ever single again, I am taking a trip to South Africa.;)

This hottie was also from South Africa, however he was 6'2" with brown hair and blue eyes. I have decided that if I am ever single again, I am taking a trip to South Africa.;)

Must be somethin' in the South African water. ;)

Maybe we should start a new thread: "Please List the Eye Candy on Every Ship"!

I'm in! (I'm a bad, bad man .... Not really.) :p

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion thread. ;)

Definitely. While not the best singers, they are definitely entertaining and personable. Are they still on the Royal Princess?

I thought they moved back to the Sea Princess. You're right about their singing, but they have the best trivia contests. Alana has a verrry droll sense of humor. One of the funniest lines from her was during a "Liars Club" session when she was talking about her days in the "Crimea River Ballet Company". :)

My favorite non-CD is Cindy, the future cruise consultant from Canada. If I'm talking to her, then I'm going to be taking another cruise someday. ;)

Vallente from Mexico was a waiter on the Sea Princess but last time we saw him had been promoted and was training to be a head waiter. He was brilliant, efficient and very funny was such a pleasure to be served by him

Must be somethin' in the South African water. ;)

I'm in! (I'm a bad, bad man .... Not really.) :p

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion thread. ;)

I think you are very funny and God knows we can all use some humor in our lives. :D

Anyway my vote for best looking and personable Captain is Stephano Rivera. He is young, handsome and Italian. It doesn't get any better than that. My first husband and I had dinner with him one evening on the Sea Princess and he tells the funniest stories have ever heard.

Irena (Romania) and Michaelangelo (Italy) Sea Princess 2003, best waiters we have had.

Jun and Chara bartenders on the Grand this February, we had a ball as part of their "family".

Phillippe head waiter on the Grand.

Many MaitreD's who let us have our favorite waiters and tables.

All of the Captains on all the sailings, we met them all and found them all personable.

Please do share with her and send her my best... not sure she'll remember me, but I was the GF of the piano bar entertainer on the Royal in Dec 08! She was simply brilliant and a class act! Will she be returning to the shipboard life?

Simone is not sure yet but it is a possibility. Her roomate on the Royal was our waitress. The two of them together probably my favorite ever!

We got off tha day before you boarded.

Have fun in Alaska!

If you send me a message to Gbeman@comcast.net I'll try to get contact inf to you.

Favorite "crew" member? , that's easy: Commodore Giuseppe Romano! (see profile picture). I first met him before sailaway in port (FLL). He was at a table in the Caribe Cafe just hanging out at a table with his children. No one was really paying attention to him so I went over to introduce myself. A wonderful conversation ensued, his wife joined him & I chatted with her for a bit too. Very nice real people. Passed him a few days later in a corridor and exchanged hello's, and again at the Capt's Circle cocktail party as well as getting our pic's with him. On the last sea day, I bid on and won the ship's navigation chart, & one of the ship's flag. This prize came with a tour of the bridge with the Commodore and his officers. The Commodore spent a good 45 minutes personally with us (myself, DW, Brother & his DW), taking many pictures with us, and finally turning us over to one of his officers for another 1/2 hour of information. Lot's of pics and great memories! Art director Thomas was instrumental in this tour as well and was a class act himself. Been on a few cruises and this special treat made it the most memorable ever. And yes, that's his chair I'm sitting in on the bridge! :D

Favorite "crew" member? , that's easy: Commodore Giuseppe Romano! (see profile picture). I first met him before sailaway in port (FLL). He was at a table in the Caribe Cafe just hanging out at a table with his children. No one was really paying attention to him so I went over to introduce myself. A wonderful conversation ensued, his wife joined him & I chatted with her for a bit too. Very nice real people. Passed him a few days later in a corridor and exchanged hello's, and again at the Capt's Circle cocktail party as well as getting our pic's with him. On the last sea day, I bid on and won the ship's navigation chart, & one of the ship's flag. This prize came with a tour of the bridge with the Commodore and his officers. The Commodore spent a good 45 minutes personally with us (myself, DW, Brother & his DW), taking many pictures with us, and finally turning us over to one of his officers for another 1/2 hour of information. Lot's of pics and great memories! Art director Thomas was instrumental in this tour as well and was a class act himself. Been on a few cruises and this special treat made it the most memorable ever. And yes, that's his chair I'm sitting in on the bridge! :D

I agree that Capt. Romano is a nice guy. I sat at his table two years ago on the CB at the most travelled luncheon.

I agree with your choice of Frankie, and also SYLVAIN (future cruise consultant) and CARLO SERVILLO (best and friendliest captain ever) and TONY YEOMANS (Capt. McCharming; a close 2nd to Capt. Servillo). Then there is GIUSEPPE FRANCHINA (my all time favorite Maitre D')

Pia, I agree with you about Frankie, Sylvain, and Maitre D' Giuseppe Franchina...all super people. We loved Captain Servillo. Agreed that he is very friendly and fun! We also enjoyed Captain Bob Oliver and an Irish captain on the Sapphire within the last few years (Vancouver to Beijing). Our favorite waiter is Ronnie from the Phillipines. He was our waiter on the Emerald TA last fall, and is currently on Pacific Princess. He always knew what we wanted, brought special dishes for everyone to taste even if no one had ordered them, was efficient, funny,m and did frequent magic tricks after dinner. He even drew a special picture for each couple.

ok, so have to add to the eye candy portion of this thread. Not sure if he is still on Princess but in 2005 met 3rd Officer Igor from Croatia. Definitely good to look at in a uniform and then talked with him in Puerta Vallarta at the pool at one of the hotels by the ship. In a swimsuit (him) - need I say more?

ok, so have to add to the eye candy portion of this thread. Not sure if he is still on Princess but in 2005 met 3rd Officer Igor from Croatia. Definitely good to look at in a uniform and then talked with him in Puerta Vallarta at the pool at one of the hotels by the ship. In a swimsuit (him) - need I say more?

Well, you don't need to say any more, but in the future, remember: a picture is worth a thousand words!!

Generoso, the Maitre 'd on Ruby, is great!

Stefano, the sommelier at Vines on Ruby, also was very friendly and informative. My wife thinks he could fit the 'eye candy' description, but he didn't do anything for me in that vein :D.

Archived