Favorite Crew members OTHER than CD

Gbeman

Do you have anyone on the ships you always hope just MIGHT be there?

Ours: Giacamo Manfredi (PSD)

Ricardo Cappraro ( First Purser F&B )

Marie Maris (Spa Manager)

Simone (Bartender from Australia)

Alina (Bartender from Romania)

Rostislava (Bartender from Bulgaria )

Referen ( Bartender from Philippines)

Iliana (Lili) (Waiter from Romania)

And about 50 More!!

I wonder about Frankie, Assist Cruise Director from PA.....He is wonderful! Does anyone know where Frankie is these days?

I agree with your choice of Frankie, and also SYLVAIN (future cruise consultant) and CARLO SERVILLO (best and friendliest captain ever) and TONY YEOMANS (Capt. McCharming; a close 2nd to Capt. Servillo). Then there is GIUSEPPE FRANCHINA (my all time favorite Maitre D')

When we were on the Emerald in January, there was an adorable, cheerful young lady working in both the International Cafe' in the morning and as a hostess in the level 5 dining room at dinner. I think her name was Mariella-she was from Brazil. It is folks like these who always have a cheerful greeting and a smile for everyone that make a cruise special. :o

... except that three are so many to list.

I agree that Captain Yoemans is one of the most approachable Captains we've ever met.

Likewise, Generoso is the most outgoing and approachable Maitre' d we've every sailed with.

Assistant Maitre' d (I think that was his title) Oscar really made one cruise especially memorable for us, as did Head Waiter Rui (aka "Bubby") on the Ruby.

Bartenders Roman and Carla have also made some of our cruises especially memorable.

And I have to give special recognition to Kayan (from Jamaica) who has been our waitress on 3 cruises now -- it's gotten to the point where we seek her out. She always goes way above and beyond and makes our dining experiences fun and memorable.

And las, but definitely not least, Deputy Cruise Director Brett S. (from Vancouver, BC) has always done an outstanding job with everyone on board and has become a close friend over the years (and cruises.)

I'm sure I'm forgetting others worth mentioning, but these folks immediatley spring to mind.

Also, I'm glad someone mentioned Sylvain, as I believe he was the FCC on the Ruby last December who we found so wonderfully friendly, outgoing and helpful (unlike his counterpart on our prior cruise.) I'll make a note of his name.

We've met some memorable crewmembers... I'm sorry that I don't remember most of their names (that long-term loss of short-term memory thing :p). From our last cruise, bartender Eduardo was outstanding tho...

As for captains, I wrote this before in another post, but here it is again..

We had the pleasure of sailing twice with Captain Marco Fortezze on the Dawn Princess last year. Once for New Year's Eve and a then a brief 2-day coastal voyage to Ensenada in May. Of the ships that I've sailed on, he was the most personable captain. He was always walking his ship, greeting passengers and posing for photo ops. We had the singular opportunity to be invited to a bridge visit and he spent about an hour with us, personally explaining all the functions of the bridge. It was quite extraordinary, especially walking onto the Dawn's exposed bridge wings. Five months later, we were onboard again for the 2-day coastal and he made a point of walking across the Atrium to greet us. All in all, a remarkable Captain!

2174071517_afd951cf6f.jpg

Patricio Martinez (Chile) waiter and wine team formerly on the Dawn and now on the Star Fantastic personality, always ready to go beyond what is expected. Knowledgable about wine. One of the people who does the winetasting talks,and knows his stuff.

I wish I could remember the name of the bartender we had on the Dawn Princess in Dec. of '06. He was great. Other than a CD my other favorite was Jo Cox. She was part of the CD staff. Taught line dance and was just a lot of fun. I would love to know what happened to her. She gave me her email address, but when I got home I had lost it.

This is a great thread... but there are so many crew, staff, guest entertainers and officers that are amazing, its almost unfair to try to identify all of them!

I believe the OP mentioned Simone from Australia, she is brilliant! She shared so much with me about her family and her homeland... lovely young woman!

Its funny... sometimes I'm on cruises and the crew remember me and I forget them... I almost feel embarrassed!? I have no idea how they do that with so many passengers and so many cruises!? :o

Again thanks for starting this thread...

VB1

I agree with your choice of Frankie, and also SYLVAIN (future cruise consultant) and CARLO SERVILLO (best and friendliest captain ever) and TONY YEOMANS (Capt. McCharming; a close 2nd to Capt. Servillo). Then there is GIUSEPPE FRANCHINA (my all time favorite Maitre D')

I'll second Giuseppe Franchina. What a wonderful human being!!!!!!!!

Also head waiter Rafael. (He is a very tall gentleman from Mexico but I don't remember his last name). They worked together on the Grand last January. What a great duo!

Archived