recycling clothing among cc members

Okay I think I found them. The plunging back dresses: How low does the back go? Below the bra band? I really like the deep purple one that looks like crushed velvet in the picture. What is the fabric?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I should really look at enlarging pictures before asking questions. I see now that it is a purple on purple flower pattern when I look at the back. Still very pretty. I am still interested in the fabric type. It is woven or does it have any stretch at all?

Oh' date=' Sailor Sally,

To be a size 6 again! I don't think most of the average women today are even a nine or ten...the dresses are lovely...:)[/quote']

I am a size 10 . I weigh the same as I did in high school but the pounds look a lot different now and not in a good way .:)

Oh I wouldn't be asking you to do that. I live close to the border and there is a parcel pickup service that I use all the time. Shipping is so much cheaper within the U.S. and it is worth my while driving 45 minutes to the border to pick it up, even paying the duty.

ETA. And I can fill up with much cheaper gas. ;-)

Edited by Danni3ll3

Absolutely! I would send you a money order in US funds.

I would also appreciate knowing how low does the back go down to (bra strap or lower) and what kind of fabric it is. Thanks!

Edited by Danni3ll3

Yes a cheque would not work because it would be in Canadian funds but an international money order in US funds works because I just paid for my Tuscany Cooking Class using one and the company I used is located in the US.

Let me know what your bank says.

By the way, I am interested in both dresses with the low backs as long as they don't go below the bra strap. At my age, bra less does not work.

And just to be sure, you are offering these dresses just for the cost of shipping? This is very generous of you.

Edited by Danni3ll3

An easy way to pay in different currencies is to set up a paypal account. I paid by it when a woman in our rollcall in the US was collecting money for a private meet n' greet party on board. I had set it up for ebay.

I'm a 16, 18 or 20 in dressy clothing, can't wear very high heels and 1.5 to 2 hours from a border crossing; but I like seeing what others have worn.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Edited by KandCsailing

An easy way to pay in different currencies is to set up a paypal account. I paid by it when a woman in our rollcall in the US was collecting money for a private meet n' greet party on board. I had set it up for ebay.

I'm a 16, 18 or 20 in dressy clothing, can't wear very high heels and 1.5 to 2 hours from a border crossing; but I like seeing what others have worn.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reminding me that PayPal is an option. I have an account but I didn't know fyree39 has one.

Edited by Danni3ll3

In any case, not one person has contacted me about any of the clothes posted in my thread. My sense of style must really suck. lol

Not much sense in requesting any of them as I wear a size 16 or 18 depending on designer. But I think your gowns are beautiful.

Fryee39,

It's better late then nothing. There were few ladies who posted that they will post something this weekend or next weekend, but they never did 😡. Before any one critic me for my comment, please read from the first page to the end of this thread.

I wish I know who posted the comment about me a few months ago. I have too many dresses, gowns, shoes and handbags that need a new home. However, I do not want any of these items going to that person. Tough decision 😁.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marie, it's awesome to see you posting again even if it's just to say hello. Hoping that means you are feeling much better!

CJ

And just to be sure, you are offering these dresses just for the cost of shipping? This is very generous of you.

Danni3113, I don't think we're allowed to "sell" things on CC but it's OK to ask for the postage, just for your info. Wasn't sure if you knew this or not. :)

The info is right on the PayPal website. There is a 2.9% plus 30 cent fee. One can send or request money using an email address or a mobile phone number.

If the sender uses the option of sending it as a gift rather then paying for merchandise then it's the sender that is paying for the fees.

Marie' date='

Hope you are feeling better. Sorry that someone hurt you before when you always do so much good. I wondered if you have heard of the Cinderella Project? It is where girls that are in need are provided a gown or formal for their prom. And of course it is near that time of year for the schools to be preparing for their proms. I have no idea where you are, but there are Chapters all over the country and they do so much good for underprivileged girls. You might check with the local high school in your area. Can you imagine the look on some young lady's face as she is presented with one of your designer gowns? Just an option. I donated a lot of my gowns to a project similar here in my hometown. They are always looking for gowns, as well as accessories. Have a wonderful day.[/quote']

Thank you. I live in CA. I will definite look into it.

Hope you and Drew are doing well. When is your next cruise?

Take care and have a fantastic day.

Marie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i am a lurker here but love seeing what everyone posts. Such pretty dresses...too bad I'm bigger than a 6 and my daughters are smaller! It is so generous the way you help each other with the exchange of clothes. Some day I'll purge and post...or see something that will fit.

I feel like I know you ladies and love reading what you have to say. Marie, I hope you're feeling better. I've kept you in my thoughts.

Back to lurking....

i am a lurker here but love seeing what everyone posts. Such pretty dresses...too bad I'm bigger than a 6 and my daughters are smaller! It is so generous the way you help each other with the exchange of clothes. Some day I'll purge and post...or see something that will fit.

I feel like I know you ladies and love reading what you have to say. Marie, I hope you're feeling better. I've kept you in my thoughts.

Back to lurking....

what size do you wear hon? I am purging soon and most are a 3x or 28. interested or not that big?

I have just found this and was wondering if anyone has any size XL to 2X dresses and/or tops. I will be cruising next year, but it's not too early to start looking.

Have been reading about the sicknesses. Hope and pray for speedy recovery for all who are afflicted. Have my own health issues, so I know what hope and prayers can do.

:)