Anyone else notice drinks went up?

Vidimom

We just got off the Imagination this morning and were shocked how much they have raised the prices for drinks on board.

Frozen drinks are now $7.95 plus tip!

Mixed drinks started around $5.95 plus tip!

The DH got a shot of kahlua and it was $6.50 plus tip!

They did have a DOD card where you could get 1 per day of the DOD for around $25.00 which was a good deal. Just have to watch for the specials and take advantage of those free cocktails too!

Guess we will have to adjust our drinking budget more for our cruise in September. That bar bill could be more than the cruise cost!

Guess with the prices being lowered they had to make it up in other places.

We also noticed they raised the prices of the smaller pictures to $11.99 when they used to be $8.99

Now that wouldn't be any fun!
Oh I don't know...I go on cruises are rarely -if ever- drink any alcohol.

No wonder I don't have any 'fun' :D

I've heard stories of guys who come back from cruises after having so much fun...

You ask them "So how was the cruise?"

"Ummmm....I don't remember that much about it, to be honest.."

Now THAT's Fun! -- Whoaaa! :D

When I sailed on Splendor, the wash and fold promotion was $10/bag. On the Paradise one month later, it was $15/bag. Did it go up fleetwide, or is it just on the Paradise?

Frozen drinks on Paradise were $5.75 and were a "push" with the drink coupons! I drank lots of Miami Vice.:p

Just got off the Sensation, drink prices did go up, and the laundry was only $10 for a bag, it must be a class thing not a fleet wide thing on the prices

We also noticed they raised the prices of the smaller pictures to $11.99 when they used to be $8.99

I just got off the Freedom, and I bought a small picture, and it was only $8.99. Also, if you bought "FunShip Freedy" Doll, the picture was free. The doll was $9.99.

Joanne

When I sailed on Splendor, the wash and fold promotion was $10/bag. On the Paradise one month later, it was $15/bag. Did it go up fleetwide, or is it just on the Paradise?

Frozen drinks on Paradise were $5.75 and were a "push" with the drink coupons! I drank lots of Miami Vice.:p

Its been $15 on our last 3 CCl cruises...

The frozen drinks are $7.75:eek:

Yep - but the amount of liquor is very low.

I seldom ever drink - I had 3 mixed drinks and they had no more effect on me than a smoothie. Usually I would drink half of one and be done for the night. ;)

I agree! Usually one drink can knock me out ! I am lightweight.. not with these drinks.. Nada.. not even a buzz!

I don't care about laundry costs as I will be platimum on my next cruise:D

How much are virgin frozen drinks? On my last Princess cruise, they were cheap, like $2.75. I would get strawberry margaritas and almost magically, some tequila in a small bottle in my coat pocket would leap into it!

The coupons say "Good for one drink not exceeding $5.25". With the way prices are going up that will only get you a cup full of ice.

I heard that....:p. The prices are skyrocketing...I am not a big drinker but the way things are going I may become a teetotaler.:rolleyes:

Archived