Anyone else notice drinks went up?

Vidimom

The coupons say "Good for one drink not exceeding $5.25". With the way prices are going up that will only get you a cup full of ice.

The thing about that is, though, that I've gotten $5.75 credit with my coupons on all but 1 drink purchase on 2 cruises. I usually got shooters free, and the last time miami vice was free each time. The only thing I got charged on my last cruise was $1.24 for the $1 difference between a fun ship REFILL and $5.75 redeemed value on the coupon (plus .15 for gratuity and .09 tax since it was in port.)

I determined that my coupons saved me $5.20 each sheet.

We just got off the Imagination this morning and were shocked how much they have raised the prices for drinks on board.

Frozen drinks are now $7.95 plus tip!

Mixed drinks started around $5.95 plus tip!

The DH got a shot of kahlua and it was $6.50 plus tip!

They did have a DOD card where you could get 1 per day of the DOD for around $25.00 which was a good deal. Just have to watch for the specials and take advantage of those free cocktails too!

Guess we will have to adjust our drinking budget more for our cruise in September. That bar bill could be more than the cruise cost!

Guess with the prices being lowered they had to make it up in other places.

We also noticed they raised the prices of the smaller pictures to $11.99 when they used to be $8.99

I guess the new drink prices are brand new, last month on the Spirit the frozen drinks were $7.50 and the cheapest vodka, rum, etc, for a mixed drink was $4.95 even though what I drink was $5.75, which costs $5.50 at my local bar, not a bad price given the atmosphere and views.

They did have a DOD card where you could get 1 per day of the DOD for around $25.00 which was a good deal.

You get 5 DOD's and can drink them all in day if you want... plus it's any DOD they serve, not just that day's DOD....

I can't believe so many are so upset with drink prices increases when the price of their cruise this year dropped soooo much....... Without the fare prices of last year, any cruise line will try to make up the revenue with something else, such as with drink prices.....

Some people won't be happy unless their cruise was totally free......

T - is that with or without the Souvineir glass? Used to be $5.75 without and $8.50 with.

Drink Menu someone posted from late last year:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/bar_menu.htm

Checking my capers from last week...

Caribbean Breeze DOD

Souvenir Glass $7.50

Refill $6.75

Regular glass $4.95 (much smaller!)

Carnival Funnel Cups $10.95

I think the price depends on the drink, no?

Unfortunately I only have one "Today at a Glance"...

We just got off the Imagination this morning and were shocked how much they have raised the prices for drinks on board.

Frozen drinks are now $7.95 plus tip!

Mixed drinks started around $5.95 plus tip!

The DH got a shot of kahlua and it was $6.50 plus tip!

They did have a DOD card where you could get 1 per day of the DOD for around $25.00 which was a good deal. Just have to watch for the specials and take advantage of those free cocktails too!

Guess we will have to adjust our drinking budget more for our cruise in September. That bar bill could be more than the cruise cost!

Guess with the prices being lowered they had to make it up in other places.

We also noticed they raised the prices of the smaller pictures to $11.99 when they used to be $8.99

Have you shopped ANYWHERE in the last year or two?

Checking my capers from last week...

Caribbean Breeze DOD

Souvenir Glass $7.50

Refill $6.75

Regular glass $4.95 (much smaller!)

Carnival Funnel Cups $10.95

I think the price depends on the drink, no?

Unfortunately I only have one "Today at a Glance"...

That doesn't seem too unreasonable. I know a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper at my grocery store has gone up $1.00 in the last year. We tend to do the refills and/or as someone else has mentioned, frequent the same bartenders and treat them well:)

I can't believe so many are so upset with drink prices increases when the price of their cruise this year dropped soooo much....... Without the fare prices of last year, any cruise line will try to make up the revenue with something else, such as with drink prices.....

Some people won't be happy unless their cruise was totally free......

Only person I see getting upset here is you.

And since when is is such a crime to want to save money?

Jeez!

DJD

Some of you think we all want something for free. Well, we cruise often and this was just an observation that we thought all of our fellow CC family would like to know so they can budget for their cruise and not be shocked when the bill comes.

I spoke with a friend that cruised 2 weeks before us and she pulled out receipts for their drinks and hers were an average of $1.00 cheaper each. I don't know if they just raised the prices or if it varies by ship. We did a short 4 nighter and maybe the prices are higher for shorter cruises. I know last year on the Valor the prices were lower than we paid on this trip.

I am considering buying drink coupons to cut costs some since we enjoy our cocktails before dinner and every bit you can save is more towards another cruise.

Just off the Pride yesterday and noticed the same. A flavored martini will now run you over $10 with tip. Any drinks with mixers were VERY weak - I was actually starting to wonder if they were watering the stuff down. I'm a complete lightweight - usually one drink and I can feel it. With these - nothing. All the bartenders were very carefully measuring shots, and even then the drinks seemed weak.

Not a complaint really - just an observation. We were on a six day and our s&s bill was definitely higher and we don't drink all that much. But a couple drinks before dinner and maybe 2 more after dinner and you've alredy spent close to $40 just for 2 drinks a day for 2 people.

I think the price for the DOD card was $23 + tip= $26.45. Does anyone know with the drink prices going up if the price of the card went up too? If not then it's an even better deal then it was before.

I spoke with a friend that cruised 2 weeks before us and she pulled out receipts for their drinks and hers were an average of $1.00 cheaper each.

I noticed on my receipts from this Jan. that if I ordered a drink at the bar (pool bar on Lido) that some of them had a $1.00 fee for "rush" order... Next time I was at the bar before signing I looked at the tab and noticed it again... I asked what's up with that and was told that when I came to the bar rather than use a "server" it was rush service... I told him to shove it and said take off the "tip".. he redid the bill and the $1.00 "service" disappeared but the tip remained... I was very careful to state every time... NO RUSH at the bar and did not see the charge again.

Last week on the miracle it was $26.45. Dont know how, but we managed to come home with unused punches left on a DOD card. The cards are generic. Does anyone know if the unused drinks can be used on a future cruise? We sail again in october.

Archived