Is the economy my upgrade fairy?

Two years ago we cruised to Cozumel and Belize aboard the EOS. We has an inside larger stateroom on the fourth deck. Stateroom fee was $559.

Long story short we received a certificate towards a future cruise. We got a one year extension on said certificate, so here we are two years later booking the same cruise /same week where we are now booked D1 Balcony for $549. :D

Has RCI made cruising cheaper or are they "unloading" unsold fares due to the poor economy?:confused:

Two years ago we cruised to Cozumel and Belize aboard the EOS. We has an inside larger stateroom on the fourth deck. Stateroom fee was $559.

Long story short we received a certificate towards a future cruise. We got a one year extension on said certificate, so here we are two years later booking the same cruise /same week where we are now booked D1 Balcony for $549. :D

Has RCI made cruising cheaper or are they "unloading" unsold fares due to the poor economy?:confused:

I think it's the poor economy. I checked our Sep 5th Enchantment cruise last night (on that wonderful site that shows every available cabin) and it's literally half empty. There are MANY cabins available in EVERY category. As such, yesterday the price for an outside cabin came down $50 per person so I switched us from the inside cabin we'd been assigned to the outside. Combine the lower cost with being able to use the higher value C & A coupon and it was just $30 more for us to switch. I think with as many cabins that are available, the prices may come down even more.

what ship and date?

It's the economy, Here in California, it was reported yesterday unemployement hit 11.5 %............VERY SCARY!

Bill and I are seeing it at both of our jobs. Thank GOD we are smart and live within our means.............No CC bills.........pay off monthly.

Can pay off the houses if we need to..............that makes it a little easier to spend for the cruises.

Funny, we always joke though, if we lose our jobs, sell everything, live in Miami, and cruise everyweek for years, look at all the money you save..............No Lodging, No Car, No utilities, Can't buy anything, no room to store, free food, free drinks, both day and night for Plusers. You can get all of those 399.00/ week cruises and have the time of your life.............Who's with us........we can take over some ships.......We can call all of us....................

THE HOMELESS CRUISERS.............FEEL SORRY FOR US!

MIKE

NC Mtn Boy, please tell us Yankees where this site is. Or if you can't discuss it, please look up the 9/27/09 cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. How are the bookings? Balcony rooms?

You can pm me at car bet at rocketmail dot com

Don't be a tease!

Thanks!

It is the economy stupid .......lol

I think it's the poor economy. I checked our Sep 5th Enchantment cruise last night (on that wonderful site that shows every available cabin)

What site is this please...ty:D

I've tried googling it, but haven't found that magic site!

sjrellis at aol dot com

Yes, a lot of us would all like to see the site that shows all of the available cabins!

Come back and post the site please :)

First, there´s no site that shows all available cabins. While it´s commonly quoted on CC that the mentioned site would list all available cabins, it´s simply not true. It lists many cabins and more than most other sites, but by far not all.

Second it´s a TA site and not allowed to be posted.

The site I am referring to is on this thread, post #7.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008868

Of course, eliminate all the slashes when typing in the site name.

It's a European site, as evidenced by the prices being in Euros. Go through the reservation process to where you can select a cabin type. All cabins with a little red square next to them are available. It's accurate as far as I know, in fact when I changed my reservation last night from an inside to an outside, shortly after that site showed my original inside as available. I had read here that it does list all available, certainly FAR more than the RCCL website. If it doesn't list ALL the cabins available, then my Enchantment cruise is even less full than I thought.

Between December 11, 12, and 13 the Jewel, Liberty, Freedom, Indy, and Oasis are all sailing out of PoM, FLL, or Port Canaveral.

That is an ENORMOUS amount of inventory, 19,000 + passengers, in a very small geographic area.

My sailing is showing 700+ available cabins on that European web site. While I realize that this is not a complete list of available inventory, I do believe that it is telling. I have seen a rate drop and was able to lock in an E1 balcony for $974 pp on an 8-night on Independence. That is almost the same rate I paid last December for a 7-night on Liberty.

It's a European site, as evidenced by the prices being in Euros. Go through the reservation process to where you can select a cabin type. All cabins with a little red square next to them are available. It's accurate as far as I know, in fact when I changed my reservation last night from an inside to an outside, shortly after that site showed my original inside as available. I had read here that it does list all available, certainly FAR more than the RCCL website. If it doesn't list ALL the cabins available, then my Enchantment cruise is even less full than I thought.

Thank you very much :D

Between December 11, 12, and 13 the Jewel, Liberty, Freedom, Indy, and Oasis are all sailing out of PoM, FLL, or Port Canaveral.

That is an ENORMOUS amount of inventory, 19,000 + passengers, in a very small geographic area.

My sailing is showing 700+ available cabins on that European web site. While I realize that this is not a complete list of available inventory, I do believe that it is telling. I have seen a rate drop and was able to lock in an E1 balcony for $974 pp on an 8-night on Independence. That is almost the same rate I paid last December for a 7-night on Liberty.

Yea, you can find some real deals. I have an E1 HUMP balcony locked in at $719pp on the 7 night Radiance out of Tampa 10/09/10. On top of that, I'll get $100pp off for my Diamond balcony discount, bringing it to $619pp.

First, there´s no site that shows all available cabins. While it´s commonly quoted on CC that the mentioned site would list all available cabins, it´s simply not true. It lists many cabins and more than most other sites, but by far not all.

Second it´s a TA site and not allowed to be posted.

Something recently changed on that site so that a LOT of cabins are showing up. About a month ago you could see about 10 per deck in a specific category. Now for my sailing, there are some decks that have 30+ in a category on a deck showing as available. One person on our roll call actually figured out 40% are still open per that site!

I agree it is definitely the economy. We are paying half of what we did 2 years ago for similar cabins. Same ship, just different coast!

Something recently changed on that site so that a LOT of cabins are showing up. About a month ago you could see about 10 per deck in a specific category. Now for my sailing, there are some decks that have 30+ in a category on a deck showing as available. One person on our roll call actually figured out 40% are still open per that site!

I agree it is definitely the economy. We are paying half of what we did 2 years ago for similar cabins. Same ship, just different coast!

I agree; that site is showing that there is still around 27% availability on our sailing (based on THAT websites availability, which is not necessarily the entire amount of inventory)

That is an amazing stat. And that is just RCCL. Talk about Saturation.....they are going to lose soooooooo much money big time! They can fill the ships but will need to give away the rooms. I noticed this week the prices on the Oasis inagural are starting to drop also. They just can not get 5400 passengers at an average of $2500.00 a person for that cruise. And really, it is no longer the Inagural. I would love to say bring back our 3/4 ship to LA but they are having problems even filling the Mariner. The economy has a lot to do with it. 11.5 % unemployement here in the Golden State. That reminds me to your stat, did you forget the Monarch/Majasty, lots more people twice...3 and 4 day cruises the same week. The winners have to be the port of calls.............they are going to be loving it Big Time

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIke

Thanks for the info on the Web Site..............

Yea, you can find some real deals. I have an E1 HUMP balcony locked in at $719pp on the 7 night Radiance out of Tampa 10/09/10. On top of that, I'll get $100pp off for my Diamond balcony discount, bringing it to $619pp.

Bill and I just booked the Radiance out of San Diego for 10 nights E1 for 799.00 Ca Discount and we also get the 100.00 so it goes down to 699.00 and we get OBC from my TA.............How great is this. 5 ports and the CL for both of us. Now we wonder why RCL does not make a profit, I always tell my cruiser friends when we go on 7 night trips that I will have 1 or 50 martini's for them while in the CL, now I have to do the math to figure 3 more nights on top of that...............I too tired, I drinking the Absolute that I got for Cheap off of my last Mariner run..........I'll figure it out tomorrow. :)

Mike

That is an amazing stat. And that is just RCCL. Talk about Saturation.....they are going to lose soooooooo much money big time! They can fill the ships but will need to give away the rooms. I noticed this week the prices on the Oasis inagural are starting to drop also. They just can not get 5400 passengers at an average of $2500.00 a person for that cruise. And really, it is no longer the Inagural. I would love to say bring back our 3/4 ship to LA but they are having problems even filling the Mariner. The economy has a lot to do with it. 11.5 % unemployement here in the Golden State. That reminds me to your stat, did you forget the Monarch/Majasty, lots more people twice...3 and 4 day cruises the same week. The winners have to be the port of calls.............they are going to be loving it Big Time

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIke

Thanks for the info on the Web Site..............

I didn't even think about those two ships (Majesty/Monarch). You are right about that, they are both going out of Florida ports on those dates as well...so that brings us to around 25,000- YIKES:eek:

Bill and I just booked the Radiance out of San Diego for 10 nights E1 for 799.00 Ca Discount and we also get the 100.00 so it goes down to 699.00 and we get OBC from my TA.............How great is this. 5 ports and the CL for both of us. Now we wonder why RCL does not make a profit, I always tell my cruiser friends when we go on 7 night trips that I will have 1 or 50 martini's for them while in the CL, now I have to do the math to figure 3 more nights on top of that...............I too tired, I drinking the Absolute that I got for Cheap off of my last Mariner run..........I'll figure it out tomorrow. :)

Mike

Good deal! $799 for 10 nights (I'm not even close to Diamond status so the extra $100 off would not be a factor for us:rolleyes:) is a much better deal than my $974 for 8-nights. My guess is there will be additional rate drops in the next few months. Thank goodness for cruise shark!

Did the moderator edited the post, or I'm just blind, Post #7 on the thread is

I thought RCCL showed all the cabins that are available, with the ones that are on courtesy hold or held by TAs not being shown.

Will someone be nice enough to give me the name to this magical site? It will be much appreciated.

As I said, they are showing many more cabins than the RCCL site and most other sites and many posters on CC want to believe it´s all. I´m not arguing it, just stating from time to time that it´s not true, as I know for sure they are not showing all. However people will believe what they want to believe and that´s fine with me:)

Did the moderator edited the post, or I'm just blind, Post #7 on the thread is

Will someone be nice enough to give me the name to this magical site? It will be much appreciated.

Sorry, as mentioned before it´s against the CC guidelines and I´m not going to break them. Maybe someone else will, but most likely this thread will get edited out as well then.

Sorry, as mentioned before it´s against the CC guidelines and I´m not going to break them. Maybe someone else will, but most likely this thread will get edited out as well then.

Can you give any clues as to what word I should use for googling the site out? Many thanks!!

Archived