RCCL cruiser switching back to Princess!

Crewzer33

Due to high school and college schedules, my family is only able to cruise together during New Year's week this year. Although we had been sailing on Royal Caribbean the last several years, their pricing is just out of control for that week. We booked an outside balcony and inside stateroom for New Year's week on the Crown Princess and are saving over $3000 in comparable rooms on Royal!

This is beacuse RCCL fills there ships at New years, we always find them pricey but RCCL does not question price adjustments later and we have always gotten one on our RCCL cruises, unlike princess who will not adjust our upcoming cruise!

But I hope you enjoy your sailing, cruises are the best

This is beacuse RCCL fills there ships at New years, we always find them pricey but RCCL does not question price adjustments later and we have always gotten one on our RCCL cruises, unlike princess who will not adjust our upcoming cruise!

Really? I have NEVER had a problem adjusting the pricing. For our cruise in August I even got a $50.00 reduction after final payment. I would speak to someone else if I were you IMHO.

Welcome back Crewzer

Think you will enjoy your cruise. Our family cruised a year ago on the smaller Dawn Princess for New Years and just had a great time. We are also cruising on the Crown this year for New Years you just can't beat the prices. I checked all over the I still can't believe you cheap this cruise is for the time of year, plus it goes to great ports. We were on the Emerald in October and loved the ship, since the Crown is similar I am sure it will be just as fun. See you on the Crown!

It is a wonderful time of profitability for Cruise lines then as supply is short and demand is long..and longer......... Size does matter..

One item I sure hope you think about is..

At least one person per cabin should be a Shareholder as each Shareholder does have a great benefit ..especially now with Carnival Cruise Lines ( All of them ) giving the Shareholder benefit.

It is OBC ( On Board Credit ) for each and every cruise.

CCL / CUK NYSE and LSE are Carnivals Call Symbols on the Stock Exchanges.

RCL :NYSE is Royal Caribbeans

:cool:

Oh Princess Crown Princess is a fine ship and crew too!

Due to high school and college schedules, my family is only able to cruise together during New Year's week this year. Although we had been sailing on Royal Caribbean the last several years, their pricing is just out of control for that week. We booked an outside balcony and inside stateroom for New Year's week on the Crown Princess and are saving over $3000 in comparable rooms on Royal!

This is probably going to come out rude, but I don't know another way to phrase it. I honestly do not understand why you booked Princess. Every post I see you're complaining about your cruise and you haven't even taken it yet.

Princess adjusted my cruise in February 2010 on the Ruby lowering the price $350 each or $700 for the stateroom. All I had to do was point out that the offered price had decreased since I booked.

This is probably going to come out rude, but I don't know another way to phrase it. I honestly do not understand why you booked Princess. Every post I see you're complaining about your cruise and you haven't even taken it yet.

Thank you.

Thank you.

My guilt of potentially being rude has completely gone seeing as they just posted on the Celebrity board that they're not looking forward to their Princess cruise at all because...gasp...they offer anytime seating.:rolleyes:

I love RCCL but their pricing has gone totaly insane and I can't afford it. I always wanted to try Princess and I found a good deal on the 9 day Eastern Carribean out of NY. I have read numerous positive posts about Princess so I think I have made a good choice. Heck, I even recieved a call from a Princess rep last week just calling to ask me if I needed assistance with anything. That's never happened to me before with any cruise line. You would thought I had booked the penthouse suite not a GB. I can't wait to try the lotion everyone is talking about. I once received a gift basket from RCCL with shampoo and lotions and I thought it was great stuff and horded it too. I still have some left.

My guilt of potentially being rude has completely gone seeing as they just posted on the Celebrity board that they're not looking forward to their Princess cruise at all because...gasp...they offer anytime seating.:rolleyes:

I second your remarks!! Oh Yea!!! Just remembered, he espouses himself, on past posts, as a travel agent. If so, he needs to get a more open mind.

One other thing.. Is there a Toronto anywhere in the US or elsewhere??? I would hate to think he is Canadian!

We love Princess. however last week we strayed. Saw a deal from Royal Carribean for 11 days that was a huge bargain in November.

I miss Princess already and we have't even gone on the Cruise yet.

Also Royal Carribean doesn't allow wine to be brought on board. Not a good thing.

So I am searching for a good deal on Princess for the spring.:D

RCI prices almost always drop. For example, one person I know had 6 price drops before her cruise. It happens all the time. I think it is a stupid way of doing business!! :mad:

RCI's philosopy is to price cabins really, really high at first, in hopes of snagging some people at those inflated prices - those that don't know about price drops. Then, as the cruise gets closer, they drop the prices. Then drop them again, and again. It's really a MAJOR pain for TAs having to reprice everything, do all that extra paperwork, only to receive less commission than they originally thought they were getting. It's bad business IMO.

Lately, RCI has been making a lot of changes for the worse. The only reason I'd go on them now would be if the itinerary was something I really wanted to do or the price (at the last minute) was really good. Otherwise, I think Princess had a MUCH BETTER product - especially in the area of onboard service.

Yes, I saw that too. Can't wait till they get back from their Princess cruise....it will be interesting:rolleyes:

PS, honestly not trying to be mean, but the constant negativity is really getting to me:) Yes, I know...just ignore!

I would be quite happy to take that cruise for them, if the guy with the gun to their heads will let me. :rolleyes:

Clutterlady yes, my ignore button has been getting some use lately! :cool:

Archived