Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

Good grief, it must be such a burden carrying around that much anger and hostility :(

Missing a couple of ports would be a disappointment, but would not ruin my cruise. Ending up on a ship with these people certainly would though.

Well, the line at the lido deck would have been shorter... less people hogging chairs...

Might have got more attention from staff...

It was a really sad video actually.

That people would become so upset over something that, while not fun, is not tragic.

Watching them made me feel kind of tired.

Apparently rabble rousing is what some folks do for fun.

And some people really like drama.

All in all, it was an interesting show.

But I hope those folks are not on my upcoming cruise...

I made it through the whole video. Is it a safe to assume it was all the big nothing that anyone with any experience knows?

Was channel 13 at the dock to meet the ship? Did 500 people try to dispute their credit card charges? I don't think so. The credit card companies would have laughed it them.

I'd be surprised if Carnival were to welcome her and her little mob back on any of the ships in the fleet again. They may even tip off RCCL.

The sad part is this type of thing has happen before. When I worked for RCI I can remember of atleast two similar situations of someone stirring up a crowd over itinerary changes. They would basically do the same thing stir up everyone get a petition going, instead of enjoying their cruise. Its sad that people would spend that much energy on being upset instead of making the best of the vacation.

There are a couple of reviews posted for the trip - this is typical - I'm sorry about the formating

BE AWARE! BOOZE CRUISE TO BELIZE WITH BONUS GRAND CAYMANpixel.gifBE AWARE! We were lied to! We were told that we had a 7 day cruise with 4 ports. We did 2 ports and got 40.00 back for the other 2 ports we didn't do!Valor and Liberty same itinerary they got re routed! Thankfully we went with a group of 20 ages 1-60 and made the best of it! When we were told that about cozumel ok fine but when we were told the night before we need to arrive in Roatan that we are staying at sea we were all pissed. they just finishing selling me excursion tickets at 5pm for roatan just to cancel roatan a t 6. When we left belize we were doing circle after circle after circle in the ocean and at 10 knots while the valor had passed us at sea as they left belize! So they can make it to there next port of call. We were so upset because no one had answers as to why we were staying at sea. We all paid 900.00 and at least 50% of the passengers rallied in the middle of the ship about what we can do to come as a whole and get our money back! Nothing was out of control as a matter of fact a few young men started the rally with an older woman and was explaining to all 500 plus people if we can act as adults and not get out of control. We all did that. We were all standing while they were talking about how are some possible ways we can fight carnival (the corporate part) not the physical ship! We understand that it's not the crew or captain's fault but a 14 billion dollar company can't accommodate us or give us any compensation! this cruise was horrible and it should have been advertised as a circle belizean sea cruise with grand cayman bonus! It was not right that we only got 20.00 each port back. That was a huge insult. and to top it off security was all over the place acting like we were hostages!!!! Following the people who had a petition going around and the people who spoke got videotaped and later that night got a threatening letter from the Captain!

Cruise from HELL!!!!

Unbelievable.....it makes me wonder what the people of other nationalities on board thought about this. What a disgusting display of ignorance.

Lynda

You mean like the nations that blow up schools full of children and market places full of old ladies on an almost daily basis???

Yeah I bet we look bad to them

Well the poster was so worried about what other nations thought of this little outburst

We aren't the only ones who can be disgusting and ignorant

That was a ludicrous comparison.....completely off base. I am not "so worried" about what other nations think....FTLOG, did you stop to think about the "non-Americans" (maybe that simplifies it for you) that witnessed this behavior. You do realize that we are often perceived as "ugly Americans" ...........yeah, this kind of "uprising" really showed "them" didn't it??

That was a ludicrous comparison.....completely off base. I am not "so worried" about what other nations think....FTLOG, did you stop to think about the "non-Americans" (maybe that simplifies it for you) that witnessed this behavior. You do realize that we are often perceived as "ugly Americans" ...........yeah, this kind of "uprising" really showed "them" didn't it??

Yes I realize that we are perceived as the "Ugly Americans" by a lot of countries (except when they need us for something). And don't get me wrong , sometimes we do deserve the moniker.

I also know that there are many countries out there guilty of way worse atrocities than an impromptu protest meeting in a ships atrium or just being snooty to a dining steward

Perfect!!! That is just perfect. But heaven forbid if you moved the flip-flop "reserving" one of the mobs lounge chairs while they were assembling peacefully. Then their pitchforks and torches would have been quickly aimed towards you on the Lido Deck. :D

I though the same exact thing when I read:

While everyone was inside making a fuss, I would have been outside looking for the best chair to sit poolside :D-

I could just picture them that morning: "Well I have to go rally everyone to get behind our protest...I had better save a deck chair for later. It is my right as an American and a paying passenger"

Sad to the point of pathetic.

She never threatened anyone? Telling the entire cadre of kool aid drinkers listening to her to refute their credit card charges is, at least in my feeble little legal mind, an interference with contractual relations...

Pathetic.

Dudes, I'm chillin with Loveland2disney.... I need no port except for the one that starts vacation and the one that ends it. In fact, CCL should set up a Fantasy class ship on a cruise to nowhere for 7 days. Just charge more for the food and fuel consumed when we were supposed to be ashore...... I would be first to book

Dudes, I'm chillin with Loveland2disney.... I need no port except for the one that starts vacation and the one that ends it. In fact, CCL should set up a Fantasy class ship on a cruise to nowhere for 7 days. Just charge more for the food and fuel consumed when we were supposed to be ashore...... I would be first to book

I would be right behind you for that cruise. I love my sea days :)

One of these days DW and I will do a Med cruise, and of course I will love getting off in those ports.

But we are pretty much "Carribbeaned out" . We take those cruises now just for fun and sun at sea. So don't even stop, keep the ship moving, and we will be happy :)

We (DW and I) were on this cruise, Legend out of Tampa 5/3/09, didn't let this disrupt our vacation at all. Funny thing, it was still one of our best cruises!:)

I am glad you had a great vacation and I am sure my family and I would have too if we were on this cruise. A vacation is what you make it.....sit around whine , trying to start a uprising is bull. Carnival or any other cruise line that did this were justified. Lets hope I never have this many morons on my future cruises. Happy cruising to everyone and have a great summer.

P.S. i couldn't stomach watching the whole thing either!

After watching only a portion of that youtube video, I can only think of one response to those whom waste so much energy on negativism's. Be it unruly guests on a cruise ship, or forum posters whom like to aggravate others by acting as a 'pot stirrer'. And using my best Canadian accented version of a toque wearing redneck... (love Jeff Foxworthy's universal sense of humour) That thought would be.....

"Here's your sign" :rolleyes:

Life is too short. Make the most of every situation.

Life ~ Love ~ Laugh

Grab a Drink Of The Day, and raise your glass.

Cheers ;)

Batzo

This video was an incredible display of ignorance, one I would like to be nowhere near. The only thing that could be more ignorant was the poster who needed to single out that it was a "yankee" or New Yorker (or however you spelled it!) I'm a yankee, and a New Yorker and am completely offended by how these people acted and the comments that were made by cc posters. I wouldn't want to spend my time on a cruise with any of you. These boards are not to bash our differences. They are here to help inform and relish all that is good about cruising. That is why WE are here! Keep your ignorance to yourself!:(

What a bunch of yahoos.

Vacations are too short to spend them being pissed off about things that are out of your control.

Get a DOD and go sit on a lounge chair instead. :D

This sounds like some advice from an older gentleman when a lady was describing getting upset with her grown offspring.

"Well", he said, "Did getting upset help?"

"No", she replied.

"Then you just should have just got a glass of whiskey and sat down".

Archived