Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

If I'm not mistaken this video is from a cruise that took place last Aug /Sept 2008 when there was a strike and civil unrest.

No, this was the 5/3/09 cruise out of Tampa on Carnival Legend. :eek:

Hell...I think the Captain should have gotten the plank out.;)

Yep, and let them jump, with all their belongings, and swim to Roatan to enjoy the civil unrest as the ship sails off back to the home port.

I am far from a Carnival Cheerleader.. Hell these people may be justified in their FEELINGS/BELIEFS for all I know.. But to create a potential mob environment on a cruise ship is just DUMB AND WRONG

Take up your issues with corporate when you get home...This was not the time and place to act like a union leader...

Her big fat mouth could have incited many people and threaten the safety of other guests and workers by standing on her soapbox...

Wrong or right.. their actions - her's in particular were just wrong...

I know many people would not have left their cabin if they had seen or heard what was going on in that atrium.. will those big mouth guests compensate them?

:rolleyes:

Oh please........yeah I couldn't watch it all....but I watched the first half......you know....that's how long it took them to find someone to read with a voice. :p

I've always said if I was stuck on a ship for 7 days at sea I'd love it...well we got that with my 200+ group on Splendor in April.....no Mexican Ports but they took us to cold, wet San Fran :eek::D......but guess what?...we weren't working and we were on a cruise ship with friends and had a blast!:D

Cruises.......as is life......is what you make out of it....your choice.;)

I'm with you Randy...last September, our 5 day with 2 ports got cut to a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of Galveston and we had a BLAST!!!

At one point I heard someone (the guy reading the letter, I think) say something about Mexican and Honduran authorities so I am guessing they missed a port in MX due to swine flu and Roatan due to civil unrest.

This mayhem was started by 2 people, the lady in the video and a man from California. We watched the whole thing go down, pretty ugly. They were upset at missing 2 Ports, Cozumel and Roatan, without "compensation".

At one point I heard someone (the guy reading the letter, I think) say something about Mexican and Honduran authorities so I am guessing they missed a port in MX due to swine flu and Roatan due to civil unrest.

Correct!

That's just crazy. I understand they were upset, but they were risking the safety of everyone on board by creatng such a hostile environment... :confused:

Yes, we and many many other passengers stayed far away from this MOB!

This whole thing is really nuts, but I had a question about what someone said in the comments on U-Tube about all the money she lost on excursions. If I book an excursion through Carnival and we don't make the port, do they reimburse me our am I out the money. If they do, guess that would be another reason to do excursions through the cruise line.

I also laughed about the big mouth that said she was an American on an American ship. Maybe Carnival needs to be alittle louder about NOT being an American and look at what they need to do to nip these things in the bud. I've been in mobs before and situations like this should not have been taken lightly. Carnival should have been more forceful to protect their passengers from these people. I'm sure many were in their cabins due to fear of the situation. If these people were drunks, I sure Carnival would have stepped in to stop this. Yes, they did have the right to complain but not at this level

Unbelieveable! To think that missing a port could cause a riot is just totally ridiculous! I know that the captain, as well as Carnival Cruise Lines, is NOT going to put the safety and lives of its passengers in peril. What part of that didn't these people understand? That's like people griping about an intenerary being changed because of a hurricane! I would much rather take a different route than be subject to Mother Nature's violent temper! Get real, people!

I hope that some of those people in the video check these boards and see what we civil people think of this situation. How ridiculous and dangerous that show of stupidity really was! I would like to see Carnival ban that woman from ever sailing with them again! I have seen people like her on our past cruises, but never that extreme.

What happened after the ship returned to Tampa? Was this woman and her fellow gripers met by law enforcement personnel? I would like to think that she spent a nice, comfortable night behind bars for instigating a riot aboard a cruise ship! Sure would like to know what the outcome of this near riot was!

:cool:Bill

First time commenter...have read but not commented.

We just returned from 7 days aboard the Valor. We were watching HLN (headline news) on the TV as the ship dropped anchor off Rotan. After watching HLN which was showing riots in the streets, we were concerned it was in Rotan, because HLN kept saying Rotan Hondouras, we decided not to get off the ship for the excursion.

This whole thing is really nuts, but I had a question about what someone said in the comments on U-Tube about all the money she lost on excursions. If I book an excursion through Carnival and we don't make the port, do they reimburse me our am I out the money. If they do, guess that would be another reason to do excursions through the cruise line.

I also laughed about the big mouth that said she was an American on an American ship. Maybe Carnival needs to be alittle louder about NOT being an American and look at what they need to do to nip these things in the bud. I've been in mobs before and situations like this should not have been taken lightly. Carnival should have been more forceful to protect their passengers from these people. I'm sure many were in their cabins due to fear of the situation. If these people were drunks, I sure Carnival would have stepped in to stop this. Yes, they did have the right to complain but not at this level

If they were booked through the ship, I think they would cancel the excursions/refund money. If booked privately, I think you'd be out of luck unless the vendor decided to refund the money.

My DH got quarantined to our cabin by the doctor and they refunded our excursions to the Mayan Ruins. Of course, that was on NCL.

This was quite an eventful cruise, many distractions. In addition to this wunruly mob, We also had a medical emergency that forced us to return to the waters of Tampa Bay a day early. Had to meet the Coast Guard for an evacuation. Photo attached.:eek:

1520739566_LegendCruise432.jpg.b4e7cb640868bb8c42d4d588d6cef277.jpg

They didn't even get the customary $20pp for missing the ports? I also don't believe CCL didn't refund the excursion money if they couldn't make the port.

Bill

Bill, we did get the port charges added back to the S&S card.:)

Every time I have booked on my own, I was told if our ship didn't port than I would get a full refund! I put a deposit (20%) on a credit card, I would be able to fight it through the credit card. Usually, you pay cash to the tour guide on the island and the deposit is the website's cut

One time, we booked a tour on Grand Cayman for the whole family (5) for snorkeling and Sting Ray City. We were able to port but due to high winds and bad weather, Sting Ray City was closed. We were not charged a dime.

Paula

Carnival Freedom 3/21/10

Carnival Miracle 11/28/09

Carnival Valor 12/21/08

Carnival Glory 3/11/06

Celebrity Summit 5/05

Carnival Paradise 11/16/03

Carnival Triumph 1/26/02

Celebrity Century 3/01

Carnival Imagination 12/13/99

Carnival Fascination 10/26/96

Sorry but I find this behavior totally insane. We were on the Splendor April 26th. People acted the same way. We lost every port and went to San Franisico? instead of Mexico. Even had to give up part of my cruise so people like these could get off the ship early.

I was on vacation and sure I did not like missing Mexico but I was on a cruise ship. That is all I need to say for me.

Booked an excurision thru Host Randy not the ship. Took about 4 weeks to get our money back but we did. Most contracts read if ship does not port funds are refunded 100%.

Please, God... NONE of them EVER on ANY ship I'm on...

Twits...

:mad:

:eek: hopefully they wont want to cruise again , especially on carnival, and we wont have to worry about them. what a waste of a vacation. grow up people , things happen in life. deal with it.

Sorry but I find this behavior totally insane. We were on the Splendor April 26th. People acted the same way. We lost every port and went to San Franisico? instead of Mexico. Even had to give up part of my cruise so people like these could get off the ship early.

I was on vacation and sure I did not like missing Mexico but I was on a cruise ship. That is all I need to say for me.

Booked an excurision thru Host Randy not the ship. Took about 4 weeks to get our money back but we did. Most contracts read if ship does not port funds are refunded 100%.

ahem...deborah.....lol.....Just to make this clear...you booked thru a company that I found...not thru me :D.....I know what you were saying but I'm just making sure others know I don't have excursions to book...:)...but I do find them for my groups and always make sure we will get a refund if we don't make the port.;)

Archived