Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

:eek: hopefully they wont want to cruise again , especially on carnival, and we wont have to worry about them. what a waste of a vacation. grow up people , things happen in life. deal with it.

With that attitude.......you will defintiely fit in with our Team Magic group you had me add you too!;)

ahem...deborah.....lol.....Just to make this clear...you booked thru a company that I found...not thru me :D.....I know what you were saying but I'm just making sure others know I don't have excursions to book...:)...but I do find them for my groups and always make sure we will get a refund if we don't make the port.;)

Sorry worded incorrectly. LOL

Does Carnival ever do anything to make up for situations like this? i remember on Royal Caribbean our departure was delayed due to a strike at the port and they had a postcard of the boat with a plate of chocolates and fruit to apologize for the delay (even though it had nothing to do with the cruise line) it was waiting in the room the next night.

Afsouth, any idea if the cruise took any action toward the big mouth....i get free speech and all, but she was trying to cause a riot which could have become very dangerous to other cruisers.

Oh my Heavens! Please . . . never let me go on a cruise with that woman or any of her followers. As an attorney, I studied Maritime Law (though I don't practice it . . . I understand it). This woman and her followers could use a cram course. Does anyone know what happened after this display of total ignorance?

Oh my Heavens! Please . . . never let me go on a cruise with that woman or any of her followers. As an attorney, I studied Maritime Law (though I don't practice it . . . I understand it). This woman and her followers could use a cram course. Does anyone know what happened after this display of total ignorance?

I am curious to find out as well what happened!

I hope the people that started getting people up in arms get "blacklisted" by Carnival and they don't allow them to cruise again. Does Carnival do that? I know Royal does, not sure if Carnival does.

I always find it funny how ignorant people are about the law and their rights. People ove to quote free speach and peaceful assembly, but that only applies to govern and public lands. A private company can take away your right to free speach and doesn't have to allow you to peacefully assemble on their private proverty.

My esteemed colleague from the Great State of North Carolina has stated that the woman is a yankee. From her accent, I would say she is not; she is a Noo Yawker. Yankees are gentle people from New England:p not ignorant loud mouths.

I think it would have been justice to take these people back to Roatan and dump their obnoxious heinies on the dock and sail away.

I do not tolerate fools gladly.

Doc

lol.. I love how many experts in International Maritime law there are piping up in the background. Must've been a convention. :rolleyes:

LOL, I totally agree!

The governing rules on land do not apply at sea. The Captain and the cruise line have the right to do what ever is reasonable to protect the passengers, crew and ship.

Good God! Talk about ugly Americans! When I first saw this video I was ashamed to be an American. Then, after reading the responses on this board, I realized that the mental giants on the video are the minority (thank God!). These people are to be pitied...to go through life so uninformed, angry and so stupid would be horrible.

My esteemed colleague from the Great State of North Carolina has stated that the woman is a yankee. From her accent, I would say she is not; she is a Noo Yawker. Yankees are gentle people from New England:p not ignorant loud mouths.

Doc

Thank you doc. As a "gentle New Englander" I do not want to be

lumped together with "that crowd from the Legend", Yankees or not.....

which I'm sure they "all are not";)

I cant imagine acting like this on my vacation!!! As long as they get me back to my car, I dont care how many ports I miss. I am always flexible about ports, since I never know how my sister will be anyway, so I just tell myself I will be back to the port we missed, and it doesnt matter.

The ports are nice, but expendable, its the cruise that counts.

I think it would have been justice to take these people back to Roatan and dump their obnoxious heinies on the dock and sail away.

I do not tolerate fools gladly.

Doc

I do believe there are some ignorant people residing in every state in the union. This is just an example from Somewhere, USA.

However, Paragraphs 2 and 3 I agree with wholeheartedly!! After flying in an airplane loaded with a group headed for a certain cruise line, I swore never to grace that particular cruise line, even if it was free!!!!

Several years ago my wife and I were on the Carnival Glory and we missed most of our ports due to several hurricaines in both the carribean and the gulf. We understood that both the Captain and Carnival was acting in our best interests. Despite this we still had a fantastic time.

Unfortunately we are seeing more and more of these incidents. We are living in a very litigenous society where all too often individuals want to complain and sue. I wonder what would have happened if they were in a hotel where it rained for several days.

If these individuals had a grievance, they should contact the cruise line (carnival) after they leave the ship. It is unfair for them to disrupt someone elses cruise because they are unhappy.

I cant imagine acting like this on my vacation!!! As long as they get me back to my car, I dont care how many ports I miss. I am always flexible about ports, since I never know how my sister will be anyway, so I just tell myself I will be back to the port we missed, and it doesnt matter.

The ports are nice, but expendable, its the cruise that counts.

It's amazing how many idiots there are in the world. We went today to pick up some artwork (from our last cruise auction, lol) at Michaels, and there was a woman in her 40's or 50's loudly berating the frame department employee and her manager. She was unhappy with the mat job they had done on a piece of artwork she already had in an old, crooked frame. The manager kept calmly and politely explaining how the frame was the problem, and their machines will only cut things square. She was slamming the mat down and huffing and puffing and yelling - it just got worse and worse. DH, our kids, and I were mortified, as were the other people waiting in line. Finally we got to the counter and gave them our order number - the guy was looking around in the back and shaking his head, and my husband said uh-oh, I think our order isn't ready. And I loudly said, "Well, should I have a temper tantrum like a SPOILED CHILD, or should I just let them know we'll come back next weekend?" My husband was embarrassed, but everyone else in line laughed. I swear, the guy at the counter looked scared to tell us the order was late, I guess he was prepared for another screaming fit. We simply told him we'd come back next weekend - we were out in the area anyway, so it was no big deal. Of course on the ride home we used her behavior as a learning lesson for the kids, explaining how to go about fixing problems and having issues dealt with, and how NOT to.

First of all, believe me when I say that in no way do I support the actions of these imbeciles. The cruise contract clearly covers what happened.

I do hope these idiots(and others like them I have read about on other ships) do not cause a change in the contract which in the end will cost all of us more $. :(

Were they all freaking crazy??? What idiots... I am so sorry that I wasn't on that ship... They all would have heard me tell them 'SHUT UP YOU FOOLS... THE CAPTAIN IS DOING THIS FOR OUR SAFETY..."etc etc..

The only thing I see wrong, or have a problem with... this tape was over 7 minutes long, it obviously started before the tape started rolling, why wasn't someone from Carnival, i.e, Cruise Director, Hotel Manager or even security anywhere around to shut these people up or perhaps answer their questions thus making them understand why/what was happening etc???

Oh please........yeah I couldn't watch it all....but I watched the first half......you know....that's how long it took them to find someone to read with a voice. :p

I've always said if I was stuck on a ship for 7 days at sea I'd love it...well we got that with my 200+ group on Splendor in April.....no Mexican Ports but they took us to cold, wet San Fran :eek::D......but guess what?...we weren't working and we were on a cruise ship with friends and had a blast!:D

Cruises.......as is life......is what you make out of it....your choice.;)

absolutely randy!!! I think we actually had it worse on the splendor, and I still had an awesome time....I still feel a little guilty about the whole 50% off deal we got....as long as Im sailing with folks like we had in team splendor, I dont care if I ever see a port......

Can't you just see it now, someone gets injured or worse, or someone gets the Swine Flu? The law suits would be flying around that Carnival took them to some god forsaken place that was infected with illness and squalor. Or if one of them would have been hurt or even been approached by some undesirable. Then the idiots would have been bi***ing about how they were subjected to danger and illness.

These people should have been arrested and jailed as they were getting off the ship.

Wow. I can't imagine getting this upset while I'm on vacation, and then to have it end up on Youtube for everyone to see how foolish and ignorant you look.:eek: Hope I never have to cruise with a bunch like this; I would stay as far away from them as possible.

Archived