Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

Not to mention Carnival is not responsible for missed ports. They even REFUND the port charges and refund any excursions booked through the cruise line.

They look very foolish. Reading some of the comments on the youtube site, one poster said they didn't refund lost excursion fees. Of course maybe they weren't booked through carnival. SO why in the world would they think Carnival was responsible. Heck, they didn't have there money.

Also in the Port, Roaton is having political problems, so cancellation was to protect the passengers.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/06/28/honduran-coup-is-the.html

Diane in Music City

Diane....I think you missed something here.

The video is from a week in early May. The article you posted is from June 28th and had to do with a political coup almost eight weeks later than the canceled ports of that cruise.

Roatan was skipped on said cruise due to a report from Honduras that they detected what they thought was cases of swine flu.....

I cannot help but be embarrassed for the family of that woman and those around her supporting her folly. UTube can be a place for a lot of fun, but this could prove to be a never ending ctirique of her character. But on a lighter note...

And the lawsuit complaint will read:

1. Carnival failed to allow me into a country that might easily cost me my life even after I had spent $100 per person on a non-refundable debit card purchase over the internet with people I thought I could rely on for a shore excursion. Carnival should be responsible to either drop me in the middle of the civil unrest, or at least contact the tour operator to obtain my money back, assuming he is still alive. If not... get it from his family.

2. Carnival failed to compensate me fully for the missed Mexican port due to a flu outbreak that was clearly not my fault. I should not be denied access to a country with a deadly pandemic because I am American and can come and go wherever I please. Carnival should have been prepared for such an outbreak and provided medical attention to the country prior to my arrival.

3. Carnival was negligent by not protecting me from myself and my own stupidity. They provided me and my mob US 1st ammendment rights that permitted me to act foolish and make stupid statements as if I knew something about what is and is not maritime law, the country my Carnival ship is flagged or how much authority a ship's captain has when a foreign port is closed to the cruise ship.

lol!!! :D:D

Guest TropicOne

I watched the entire video. All I seen was one loud mouth passenger who had no idea of what she was talking about stirring up a mob scene.

Were they all freaking crazy??? What idiots...

The only thing I see wrong, or have a problem with... this tape was over 7 minutes long, it obviously started before the tape started rolling, why wasn't someone from Carnival, i.e, Cruise Director, Hotel Manager or even security anywhere around to shut these people up or perhaps answer their questions thus making them understand why/what was happening etc???

I agree with this excellent post.

The passengers involved in this incident were most definitely in the wrong.

However, someone in a white uniform should have been out there defusing the situation.

They could have perhaps asked the very vocal lady to come into an office and discuss her concerns. Sit her down in a chair in front of a desk and let her cool off.

Then explain why the itinerary change was made and what her options were.

And that if her disruptive behavior continued there would be unwanted consequences, like perhaps being confined to her room by security.

Someone in authority should be held responsible for allowing that situation to build to the level it did, especially in a public area of the ship.

Yes, those passengers were in the wrong, but the cruise line should have protocols in place to handle unruly behavior.

I agree with this excellent post.

The passengers involved in this incident were most definitely in the wrong.

However, someone in a white uniform should have been out there defusing the situation.

They could have perhaps asked the very vocal lady to come into an office and discuss her concerns. Sit her down in a chair in front of a desk and let her cool off.

And that if her disruptive behavior continued there would be unwanted consequences, like perhaps being confined to her room by security.

Someone in authority should be held responsible for allowing that situation to build to the level it did, especially in a public area of the ship.

Yes, those passengers were in the wrong, but the cruise line should have protocols in place to handle unruly behavior.

I would suspect that there is that "imaginary line" that (if crossed) would have produced the needed security to disband this group.

However, in situations like this....sometimes it is just better to let the fire die out on its own. Sometimes any action will add fuel to the flame. I am assuming they were just letting it die out.

Even by the end of the tape....it is just a bunch of people standing around...apparently not even able to keep up with a piece of paper. :rolleyes:

What makes you think they weren't. Ever see what happens to a sacrificial "opposing" lamb in a situation like that?

The only thing they seem to be missing were the torches.

What makes you think they weren't. Ever see what happens to a sacrificial "opposing" lamb in a situation like that?

The only thing they seem to be missing were the torches.

and the tar and feathers...unbelievable!

This is hilarious!

I cannot help but be embarrassed for the family of that woman and those around her supporting her folly. UTube can be a place for a lot of fun, but this could prove to be a never ending ctirique of her character. But on a lighter note...

And the lawsuit complaint will read:

1. Carnival failed to allow me into a country that might easily cost me my life even after I had spent $100 per person on a non-refundable debit card purchase over the internet with people I thought I could rely on for a shore excursion. Carnival should be responsible to either drop me in the middle of the civil unrest, or at least contact the tour operator to obtain my money back, assuming he is still alive. If not... get it from his family.

2. Carnival failed to compensate me fully for the missed Mexican port due to a flu outbreak that was clearly not my fault. I should not be denied access to a country with a deadly pandemic because I am American and can come and go wherever I please. Carnival should have been prepared for such an outbreak and provided medical attention to the country prior to my arrival.

3. Carnival was negligent by not protecting me from myself and my own stupidity. They provided me and my mob US 1st ammendment rights that permitted me to act foolish and make stupid statements as if I knew something about what is and is not maritime law, the country my Carnival ship is flagged or how much authority a ship's captain has when a foreign port is closed to the cruise ship.

On my very first cruise we missed a port to Cozumel due to mechanical problems. The ship listed to one side all evening, scared the hell out of me and a few other people...lol I was happy when they cancelled the port and sailed back into calmer waters.

There were people on that cruise that were unhappy that we had missed a port to Cozumel, and they also tried to "stir the pot" but no one gave them a soap box to stand on; and when they complained loudly, people simply walked away. Carnival sailed us to the Bahamas and gave us an extra day at sea. I still enjoyed that cruise, it truly is what you make it.

I am wondering if they are protesting the missing of Roatan....because (according to Carnival's advisory site dated April 29th) they already knew they would be missing Cozumel.

There are folks on the roll call cancelling their private excursions in Cozumel etc on April 29th....the ship did not sail until May 3rd.

Soo all this over missing ONE port that they thought they were going to...:confused:

It's amazing that there were so many idiots who supported the ring-leader. I really don't understand getting so upset in this situation. I mean, I would definitely be disappointed if I had to miss a port I was looking forward to, but I would also understand that Carnival would only cancel a port if it was necessary for passenger safety. I mean, I really don't think the cruise line WANTS to listen to raving lunatics like the ones that arise when a port is cancelled. Carnival clearly states on their website that if a scheduled port is missed due to any reason, their only responsibility is to A) Reimburse the $20 per passenger port fee and B) Give full refund for any shore excursions booked through their cruise line. If both of these expectations were met, then I would be happy and would soon get over the disappointment of missing a port by spending my reimbursement money onboard.:)

I am wondering if they are protesting the missing of Roatan....because (according to Carnival's advisory site dated April 29th) they already knew they would be missing Cozumel.

There are folks on the roll call cancelling their private excursions in Cozumel etc on April 29th....the ship did not sail until May 3rd.

Soo all this over missing ONE port that they thought they were going to...:confused:

Meanwhile, if you go back to the "Hellgend" post from 5/10, people are saying it WAS due in part to the start of some civil unrest then (at least, speculated)

Not sure how the BIG ONE would have fit in a body bag.

To everything there is a time....

Please don't compare these ignorant people to teabaggers. Someday you may wish you had protested higher taxes (like when you can no longer aford to take a cruise).

Amen...

I love people like this woman.

There is one in every crowd who has to be "The Great Orator" . Has to stand in the middle of the crowd with their piece of paper and carry on.

There is a woman like her at my Mom's condo. She is always "declareing war " on the condo association for every little thing.

If she sees two or more people standing together she whips out her proclamation goes on a roll.. Complete with sweeping arm gestures and stamping her foot at each and every word she wants to bring the point across. :)

All the other tenents call her "Evita" *LOL*

Wow!! The funniest part for me is that several of the "mob" talked as if they were cruise experts. Yet anyone who has cruised more than once should be aware that almost all cruise ships sail under the flags of foreign countries and that you aren't protected by the "standard" rights of United States. If I saw this "peaceful gathering" I would have gone to Carnival security and reported it.

Salty!!!! One man reading in that video had a distinct Southern accent!!!! So it wasn't all "Yankees"

These people obviously haven't read their docs, uninformed and ignorant.

American ship?????? Breach of contract???? Helllllllllo people read your docs. These idiots trying to incite a riot on a ship should have been arrested, I hope Carnival brought charges.

I'm really glad I was not on this ship because I probably would have been mobbed, cause I can't keep my mouth shut, and like someone said they would get out the torches:rolleyes:

While everyone was inside making a fuss, I would have been outside looking for the best chair to sit poolside :D-

Perfect!!! That is just perfect. But heaven forbid if you moved the flip-flop "reserving" one of the mobs lounge chairs while they were assembling peacefully. Then their pitchforks and torches would have been quickly aimed towards you on the Lido Deck. :D

This whole thing is really nuts, but I had a question about what someone said in the comments on U-Tube about all the money she lost on excursions. If I book an excursion through Carnival and we don't make the port, do they reimburse me our am I out the money. If they do, guess that would be another reason to do excursions through the cruise line.

I often book excursions off the ship, usually online long before the cruise, and the vast majority do say you will get a refund if the ship does not dock. I always double check this. These independant operators depend on the cruise indudustry, so they are going to do what it is necessary to get and keep the business. Most likely that was all talk.

I am way more afraid of being on a ship with a group of people like that mob, then of missing my ports. Missing ports wouldn't ruin my vaca, but those idiots sure would have!!! I am afraid I would have been so angry at them, I would have been arrested.

Archived