"Agency issue"....???

Kween Karen

[/b]accmember[/b] ...Please re-read the last 5 or 6 back pages..[/size]

Karen's problem was resolved...Perhaps you skipped over all those posts..

No, I didn't skip over the last four or five pages, which is why I wrote the following in the same post;-

Karen, I hope the outstanding issue with this travel agent is minor and is taken care of quickly.

The sad part about this is that other people too are victims of the ta's unethical business practices. It won't be long until someone else is in the exact same position you were in.

The quote you mention above was in reference to this:-

I am awake now......kind of early here for a retired lady!! (6:45) Didn't sleep as well as I thought I would.....must be the buildup of the last few days or just the excitement of having it over.

I will be speaking with HAL again this morning....I have another question and am hoping for the answer I want. Will let you know.

When Karen reported that HAL had received payment I wrote:-

Just logged on for an update and I couldn't be happier. :)

Glad it has all worked out.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and I look forward to reading about it on you blog.

BON VOYAGE!

serendipity1499, do not suggest that I haven't read this thread and I am unaware of what's going on. Please go back and read ALL my posts! Obviously, you skipped over some pages. :eek: Not me! :D

Hi L..Agree with you..However Cruise Critic probably is afraid of becoming embroiled in a possible Law Suit for slander....Last year, when another Agency went bust, CC finally permitted the name of the Agent to be posted only after it closed & the media & Attorney General became involved...

This is what I do not understand. How is it kosher on Trip Advisor, but slander on Cruise Critic?

Isn't it irresponsible of Cruise Critic NOT to publish information about known fraudulent travel agents?

I would very much appreciate one of the CC moderators explaining this policy.

I certainly understand wanting to keep the boards free from agents self-promoting their own agencies. But can't that be accomplished while ALSO protecting consumers from travel agents that are less than reputable?

If a CC member experienced fraud from one of the cruise lines, they could post about it to their heart's content, but if the same fraud took place by a travel agent, they are banned from posting about it. I do not understand the distinction.

OK I did it!

I likely wouldn't have gone this far without all the advice from my CC friends here. I want you to know that I did take your advice to heart and I have called both credit card companies and requested new cards.

I was surprised how easy it was. They are both expediting my cards to me and they will arrive TOMORROW! They even gave me the new numbers over the phone so that I could take care of business. Amazing! I have already contacted the bill companies that I have paid automatically and given them the new numbers. It is a done deal!

I thank you all because I do feel VERY relieved. The old cards are void and the TA (or anyone else who might have my numbers after years of using cards) can not charge to them. Won't they be surprised if they try!!! :p

OK I did it!

I likely wouldn't have gone this far without all the advice from my CC friends here. I want you to know that I did take your advice to heart and I have called both credit card companies and requested new cards.

I was surprised how easy it was. They are both expediting my cards to me and they will arrive TOMORROW! They even gave me the new numbers over the phone so that I could take care of business. Amazing! I have already contacted the bill companies that I have paid automatically and given them the new numbers. It is a done deal!

I thank you all because I do feel VERY relieved. The old cards are void and the TA (or anyone else who might have my numbers after years of using cards) can not charge to them. Won't they be surprised if they try!!! :p

Congratulations! Now you can go on your wonderful cruise without ANYTHING to worry about!

OK I did it!

Good girl!!:cool:

Yeah, wait'll they try to put thru some/more fraudulent charges ... won't they be surprised and disappointed they can't use your money for whatever it is they do with client funds.:eek:

[/b]accmember[/b] ...Please re-read the last 5 or 6 back pages..[/size]

Karen's problem was resolved...Perhaps you skipped over all those posts..

No, I didn't skip over the last four or five pages, which is why I wrote the following in the same post;-

The quote you mention above was in reference to this:-

When Karen reported that HAL had received payment I wrote:-

serendipity1499, do not suggest that I haven't read this thread and I am unaware of what's going on. Please go back and read ALL my posts! Obviously, you skipped over some pages. :eek: Not me! :D

I stands corrected :o& ask that you, Please accept my apology...I did read your post earlier but don't remember all the names & forget to put two & two together...

Betty

P.S. BTW, I don't skip pages because I'm always aware that some one else may have made the same suggestion & I want to give them credit..It takes me hours to read these threads..

May have been suggested, but make sure you file a complaint with the BBB.

At least that gets another complaint on their record. I have used ************* and always check the BBB ratings before booking with a company.

Only one problem, unless the Company is registered with the BBB they may not have a rating..I've heard of businesses which have a complaint with the State but was not listed with the BBB..Also understand they have to pay to be registered with the BBB, but don't quote me on that it may be just rumour...Betty

OK I did it!

After surviving this incredibly emotional roller coaster ride, I would like to take a moment to congratulate you on following up with your credit card companies to obtain new account numbers.

And how wonderful for you that you are now dealing directly with HAL.

When you set sail on your Dream Cruise, you will be able to soak it all up and not be concerned about dastardly agents, unauthorized credit charges, etc.

Wishing you nothing but the very best for the future.:D

Only one problem, unless the Company is registered with the BBB they may not have a rating..I've heard of businesses which have a complaint with the State but was not listed with the BBB..Also understand they have to pay to be registered with the BBB, but don't quote me on that it may be just rumour...Betty

Even is the company is not registered with the BBB, the BBB does keep records and follows up on complaints. In this case, the company has a "D" rating with 3 complaints against them in the past 6 months.

That is exactly my point. Cruise Critic should not want to see other innocents get sucked into a black hole. Yet its inflexible policy of not being able to discuss TAs prevents others from being sucked into the vortex.

Like so many others, I am delighted that the situation has finally been resolved favorably for the OP.

Good girl, Karen!

I had not chimed in because you had at least a ga-zillion suggestions to request new cc numbers. No need to keep repeating the same thing over & over. Now you can truly be cruising worry free. My DH and I wish nothing but the most wonderful things for you in the future and especially on your "Cruise of a Lifetime". Perhaps we, too, will be fortunate enough to make the same trip one day.

God has blessed you with patience and grace. May you have nothing but blue skies & calm seas ahead.

Nancy :)

Karen, I am so happy that you got your credit cards changed and all notified. Now you can truly relax and get busy with your packing and, of course, more planning. Thank you for posting your blog address. What a lovely family you have.:D I am looking forward to following your cruise and adventures. I too am a red hatter and enjoyed your photos very much. Your group looks almost the same as mine. :rolleyes:

You're going to have a blast. It will be great meeting the "hatters" from down under. What a wonderful treat for you.

Keep on clogging and have one heck of a great time. You've more than earned it.

Much happiness, Colette

Glad to hear about today's developments, HAL handling the booking and cancelling credit cards. Now you really don't have to worry.

I know this hasn't been a pleasant thing to deal with.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. Happy sailing, have fun.

I wanted to post lots of these when I first read this thread:- :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I can post these:- :) :) :)!

I'm really glad it worked out for you Karen. After reading the posts on TripAdvisor, I'm convinced it could have taken a dreadful turn had you not posted here...

For me, it's another reminder about how valuable this forum truly is. Even when I think "I know it all", it reminds me that I truly don't.

Thanks so much for sharing and enlightening all of us.

OK I did it!

I'm just reading this today....WOW, I feel sooooo sorry that you've had to go through this. My stomach was in knots just reading about it!! :(

I am so glad that you were able to get it all straightened out with HAL's help. What a mess!! I sure hope you can go on your dream cruise and truly enjoy it as you deserve! ;)

I'm also glad you had your CC #'s changed. Now you don't have to worry about that agency trying to charge you again!

These boards ARE VERY helpful. There is a great group of people here as I have learned much from over the past several years.

ENJOY your cruise and I'll be following along on your blog! :D

PS: Enjoy your SOLOing. I did my first SOLO last year and loved it!! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. :)

Karen,

I have just returned from a week away in lovely Central Australia and have spent this afternoon reading the 30 pages of this topic.

I am thrilled that it has all worked out for you and that you also have changed your Credit Cards as that is something that worried me after your payment had finally gone through to HAL.

HAL were certainly fantastic in dealing with the situation and I know that you will have a wonderful cruise coming down to our part of the world. I wish that the ship was coming to Melbourne so that I could meet up with you but unfortunately this year it is skipping our lovely city.

Relax now and enjoy getting ready for your time away. I have put the link to your Blog into my Favourites and will be looking forward to reading about your travels.

Jennie

Karen,

I wish that the ship was coming to Melbourne .... but unfortunately this year it is skipping our lovely city.

Jennie

We ARE coming to Melbourne......be there on November 4th. I have a friend who lives in Perth but who was raised in Melbourne meeting me there for the day. She is also flying to Sydney and spending the time there with me. I feel very lucky to be visiting your country!!

Karen,

I am so glad that you will have a friend to take you around and show you all the best parts of our city. I have just realised that we will be in the Med on the Prinsendam on the 4th November, having boarded her in Athens on the 1st Nov.

You are just missing our Melbourne Cup by one day but the city will still be very festive as our Spring Horse Racing Carnival doesn't finish until Saturday 7th. Enjoy your time "Down Under". If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Jennie

Karen,

So glad to hear you changed your cc numbers. I just wish there was a way we can get the info out on this Sleeze company....as I said yesterday, they are still selling Hal, I wonder if they are taking unsuspecting people's money for a BOGUS cruise they are not going to be taking being Hal said they are no longer dealing with them. These people think they have a cruise booked only to find out there is no cruise after their CC is charged.

I am a Princess cruiser and I found this Hal site by accident and got interested in following it through...(nothing on Princess boards so far mentioned by anyone having trouble with this company. ) You are a great bunch on this Hal board.

Happy for you Karen and have a wonderful cruise, will be checking follow ups on your cruise.:)

Doris

Archived