"Agency issue"....???

Kween Karen

I was also following this thread and thinking of what a bad feeling it must of been waiting & hoping, you must have been kinda worn out from this after 5 days. So a big congrats to you and have a wondefull dream cruise.

Congratulations, Karen. I'm happy for you. :)

My joy, however, is tempered a bit with the thought that this kind of thing could so easily be happening to others. There ought to be regulations that prevent this from ever happening.

Yes I am going to be journaling my voyage. Since several of you asked I will put the address here. I only have a few entries on the site so far....but once on the cruise my plan is to make an entry for every day. I will be honored if some of you follow along on my journey.....especially after all this support you have given me.

This is the address of my site:

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

Great news, Karen. Like others I have been following this closely. I looked long and hard at that trip and it is really a great one and I am so glad you are going to be able to do it!!!! Now, what is the addresss of your blog????

Susan

I am cruising!!

My cruise is paid in FULL!!

I am cruising on my DREAM trip September 26th WOOHOO!!

YIPPPEEEEE......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So happy for you they forwarded the payment.

You really NEED this cruise after all you've been through.

I too have been following your situation for the past 5 days. I am very happy that you have been able to work with HAL to gain a resolution to your problems. I hope you have a great cruise and that you enjoy every minute. After the last 5 days you now deserve a long relaxing, enjoyable cruise. Just reading your journal about all the training you have been doing to get in shape for your cruise has me completely exhausted.

Thanks for sharing the past five days with us. I've learned some valuable information by following your problems the past few days.

Bon Voyage........I look forward to following your cruise.

Now my job is to check my credit card statements a couple of times a day. My research has shown that this company is notorious for double and triple charging client's credit cards.....even after they have sailed!! I don't understand how a company can get away with this MANY MANY times.....but I am alert and will be checking.

So.....check your statements!

This is the address of my site:

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

Karen, I have been reading this thread with anticipation for days and am very very happy for the conclusion! WooHoo! Also, thanks for posting your site address, I just read your posts & love your sense of humor. Your grandkids are adorable!

Have a super time on your cruise.....and, yes, I'll be checking your site to read about your journey.

Enjoy!

Now my job is to check my credit card statements a couple of times a day. My research has shown that this company is notorious for double and triple charging client's credit cards.....even after they have sailed!! I don't understand how a company can get away with this MANY MANY times.....but I am alert and will be checking.

Karen ... can you put a fraud alert on those charge accounts? Perhaps you can explain the situation to Amex and MC and tell them that any charge from that agency is fraudulent ... and that the credit card companies need to put any subsequent charges from that agency in limbo til discussing with you.

Or, if you are that concerned and the cc companies won't suspend payment, perhaps they will close your current account number and reissue a new cc number.

Rather than put yourself through that stress and bother, why not call your credit card company, tell them the whole story, ask they cancel that account number and issue you a new number.

TA will not be able to fraudulently charge to that old account and you will be protected from them.

I am cruising!!

My cruise is paid in FULL!!

The very nice HAL lady called me and was beside herself with the good news. The money wire came through.....and my cruise is paid in full. She was very surprised......she didn't expect it to come through today. She said this could have taken weeks and had fully expected that. She was so happy for me....made me feel really good.

I will give more details later.....just wanted to pass this news to you all who have given me so much support during this ordeal.

I am cruising on my DREAM trip September 26th WOOHOO!!

Well- LIFE is GOOD!!!!!! See you in SEptember!!!!!!!;)

Karen, why not have the credit card companies cancel the cards and issue you new cards with a different number. There is enough time before you leave to get the new cards. This way the ta company won't have the correct credit card information. There know you'll be travelling for an extended time, who knows what they'll do with the cc numbers given that they have a bad reputation.

After what you've just been through, the last think I want you to do is go on your cruise and continue to worry about cc charges. Don't give the company a chance to do this.

Another thing I'd do after a few days is write a letter to HAL complimenting the employee who helped you. I'm sure her boss will give her credit for this, she definitely deserves this.

Thanks for posting your blog address I will be following your adventure with interest.

I've also been following.

Congratulations !!!!

Friends of ours were charged 3 times for a cruise last year, I'll have to ask if it was a Florida agency.

You could always call your credit card company and request a new number. You could say you were worried about someone getting hold of your current number- which is true!

Addendum- the previous posters must have been writing at the same time I was. Great minds think alike!

I specifically asked the credit card company if I could block charges from this TA. They said that was NOT possible.....I don't understand this policy. They said I just have to keep careful watch and if a charge shows up I would need to dispute it within 60 days. Hmmmmm.....my cruise is 67 days......hard to do!!

Yes I could cancel and get a new card........what a pain that would be....I have all my bills being paid automatically, etc. Sigh....again. BUT a MUCH smaller sigh than the last few days.

I specifically asked the credit card company if I could block charges from this TA. They said that was NOT possible.....I don't understand this policy. They said I just have to keep careful watch and if a charge shows up I would need to dispute it within 60 days. Hmmmmm.....my cruise is 67 days......hard to do!!

Yes I could cancel and get a new card........what a pain that would be....I have all my bills being paid automatically, etc. Sigh....again. BUT a MUCH smaller sigh than the last few days.

Yes, Karen, it'll be a chore to switch over your auto-payments ... but not nearly as scary as having your credit rating ruined by excessive fraudulent charges that you get to dispute post-cruise.

Your cc companies could get you new cards in a nano-second ... after all, if you don't have the cards, you can't use them.

YES YES YES!! I told Tracy at HAL that I was going to write a letter praising her efforts. She is going to send me the correct information of who to write to.

Bye the way.....this is the main part of her job (she is the only one who handles these things). I was amazed when she said it was not totally unusual. She said 98% of the TA's are honest and reputable.........I happened to get hooked up with the other 2%.

Archived