How Much Is Too Much???

YeaYeaYea

We've had posts in threads that tell us how some people are "smoking themselves to death." Now we're addressing people who "eat themselves to death." Okay. So maybe I need to start a thread about people who "drink themselves to death" on cruises. Mercy! The way some people post about their drinking habits I'm amazed they have any liver function left at all!

I'm waiting for the thread on "people who bore others to death"............

It doesn't bother me as long as they eat what they take. I don't like to see people take huge portions, then throw half of it away. If I'm not sure I like something I take a little to try it, then go back for more if I do.

Seriously, OP, what difference does it make to you? Is your behaviour perfect? Do you never overindulge or behave inappropriately? What makes it any of your business?

:rolleyes:

It was just strange to me that every time it was the same thing.......the pudding. Now I have to say that is some DAM good pudding but the RUM RAISIN ice cream also hit the tummy in a nice way. I think the pound cake with the sauce was just as nice so we did get it twice. ;)

On our last cruise on the Ryndam, there weren't nearly as many opportunities to get CC cookies as in the past. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies - but to try and keep down the calories and sugar haven't had any since the cruise in June. SO, was I wrong to take a plate of about a dozen of these pieces of heaven back to our cabin when I found them (DS enjoys them as much as I do)?

Seems to me that the guy is an adult. He (supposedly) makes his own decisions without having someone stand behind him wih a knife in his back forcing him to take voluminous amounts of bread pudding. Food is inclussive on a cruise so he has the right and the option to take as much or as little as he wants and suffer the consequences of his actions. To me, this is very similar to pax taking more than one entree, dessert or glasses of prune juice at dinner. To each his own!:cool:

I was in the Lido and this fella got a plate of Bread Pudding the size of TX. He went back for seconds and almost every time I was in the Lido he was eating the pudding. It was some real Twilight Zone stuff. Was he wrong to eat so much or am I wrong for wondering how could somebody eat so much.?!? :confused:

On our last cruise on the Ryndam, there weren't nearly as many opportunities to get CC cookies as in the past. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies - but to try and keep down the calories and sugar haven't had any since the cruise in June. SO, was I wrong to take a plate of about a dozen of these pieces of heaven back to our cabin when I found them (DS enjoys them as much as I do)?

As long as the food isn't wasted, I don't care. (BTW good idea with the cookies! ;))

He found something he liked, by him taking it he didn't harm you in any way. Much worse scenario would be some chain smoker blowing their exhaust at you, or an over-imbiber becoming obnoxious. This post makes me want to look for the bread pudding on my next cruise, I don't think I sampled it last time!

Now ...that is a whole different problem:D.

;);)

I have never seen HAL staff with enormous portions of food on their plates

I haven't either! On the contrary; They (staff other than the stewards, because they eat in their own Mess downstairs) have anywhere from three to six month contracts to do. If they were to pile on their food everyday, they would surely (and I'm not calling you Shirley!) suffer the consequences of those eating habits in more than one way

Boy! The "pudding police"! and for sure "breadpuddingitis"! All I have to say is that it is not really a cruise until I've had some of HAL's bread pudding. Without the sauce. (To save calories, don't 'ya know)! HA!!

----Penny

;);)

I haven't either! On the contrary; They (staff other than the stewards, because they eat in their own Mess downstairs) have anywhere from three to six month contracts to do. If they were to pile on their food everyday, they would surely (and I'm not calling you Shirley!) suffer the consequences of those eating habits in more than one way

funny you should bring that up. :cool:

When my younger daughter & I were on Oosterdam several years ago, we met a lovely young woman who worked in the spa. We struck up a conversation with her, and my daughter kidded that she & I were both eating like condemned men:o. The spa employee said she had just started her contract a little over 7 weeks prior, and had already gained more than 20 pounds! :eek:

funny you should bring that up. :cool:

When my younger daughter & I were on Oosterdam several years ago, we met a lovely young woman who worked in the spa. We struck up a conversation with her, and my daughter kidded that she & I were both eating like condemned men:o. The spa employee said she had just started her contract a little over 7 weeks prior, and had already gained more than 20 pounds! :eek:

I believe it!;)

It's only too much if the diner either wastes the food or can't keep it down.

Maybe he ate nothing at all but the bread pudding ... hence, the large portions. If he didn't waste the bread pudding, who cares what/how much he ate?

So, the guy's a little large and likes his dessert. I say go for it. It's none of my business what anyone is eating but I find it hilarious that he loves that pudding! Bless his heart!:) It beats all the whining of the vegan people.

So, the guy's a little large and likes his dessert. I say go for it. It's none of my business what anyone is eating but I find it hilarious that he loves that pudding! Bless his heart!:) It beats all the whining of the vegan people.

It's funny, Suse, you're not the first to comment here that the eater was a large person ... but the OP never commented on his bulk or lack thereof. Not criticizing you ... just pointing out that when people eat large portions, others jump to the conclusion that they're built for torque and not for speed.

what gives me the right to determine that someone is large just because they eat very large portions? You are right!

Now, can we go back to the "to" and "too

" issue. What are they talking about??:confused: I'm losing it.

I think this is another case of, 'and what is it to you?' Large people are sometimes offensive to me but if they want to eat themselves to death, why in the world would it bother you?
Why would you even admit to this. In this world it is still ok to make fun of person for their size, but you would never make fun of someone for their race, religion, disease process, etc. I work with overweight people and it is people like you who make generalizations about people of size. My patients work and are productive members of society!!

Hey I guess I have to say this person was normal size. About 5-10 180lbs I guess it just stuck me funny that he would be so into the pudding. I guess after the forth day I may have had my eye out. The LIDO PUDDING STALKER..........a good reason the staff needs to update the daytime schedule of things to do for bored guests HAWKING people at the LIDO. DAM I knew I would figure the reason this person was sitting next to me to let me and all who read this that THE BREAD PUDDING IS THAT DAM GOOD............so please save me soom!!!

Archived